• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Bay

Years
    Backtracking a bit...

No, you're wrong.

The toy was revealed with Kibago's toy. Both were unconfirmed. Then, Kibago was revealed after the toy was, so that confirmed that the toy for this Pokemon and for Kibago were real.

Then a fake Coro Coro scan came, and it had two new fakemon. One showing a Pokemon based off Yanappu's toy but was NOT Yanappu and was confirmed fake, and still is fake.

Now, Yanappu is revealed and confirmed to be real.

The one in the fake Coro Coro scan was named Burokko.

Here is the fakemon previously revealed and Yanappu next to each other:

Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Fake is on the left. Real is on the right.

Also, don't be stupid and say "WELL THEY LOOK SIMILAR SO BUROKKO MUST BE REAL AND RELATED" like a lot of people are saying out of pure idiocy. Burokko looks like Yanappu because it was based off the toy of Yanappu that was already revealed. Burokko is still 100% fake, the creator said so themself. :| Plus, common sense says that any Pokemon revealed on a page along with fake Pokemon, everything on it is fake.
    No, I'm not saying that. Reason I said "fake CoroCoro scan featuring that Pokemon" because a lot of people thought Yanappu (back then thought to be Burokko) was confirmed to be real when that fake scan came. So I already knew that toy wasn't confirmed and that scan is fake.

Oh right, good call. I was wondering why the types were so awkward in the list... /didn't see the Acrobat video yet

You guys have sharp eyes. ;D

This is the video you can see where Acrobat is effective against the grass starter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYaBBMKexYg&feature=player_embedded

(for some reason when I try to embed it, the video won't show >.>)

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Acrobat would be the second move that doesn't really have to do with flying but jumping, the first was bounce.
    I hope it's evolution is bigger and stronger than Ambipom :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Makes sense if Acrobat will be a flying type move. I couldn't see it as anything else besides a normal type. Bounce and Acrobat are similar moves yes, so it becoming a flying type move would be likely.
    Unless they come out with more new types and it falls under one of the new categories of types. I couldn't think of anything and I'm betting on it being a flying type move as well as some of the above posters.

Years
    I'm going to be the odd one out and say that Acrobat probably wouldn't be flying. I understand where most people in this thread are getting the typing from though--obviously because the name indeed does imply that it would be a flying type--but I'm thinking on a much deeper level than that(well, that or I'm probably running on the very little sleep that I'm on like, now lol). What supports the fact that the move is going to be a flying-type other than the name merely suggesting that it is? It is quite the offensive attack, and I think that it would make more sense for it to be a normal type attack than flying, otherwise it wouldn't really do much damage, unless that was the original purpose of the move.

...Just my two cents. D:

Well the move was super-effective on tsutaaja, which is a grass type. Normal moves aren't super-effective against grass types...so that's why everyone's thinking it's flying.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Unless Tsutaaja got a second type!

tbh, now I'm going along with flying, too. D: Which means Yanappu will probably evolve, how sad.

The Red Chain

tbh, now I'm going along with flying, too. D: Which means Yanappu will probably evolve, how sad.

Well Tsutaja is confirmed to be just Grass type [at least until evolution], so the only sensible type for Acrobat is Flying. I really don't want Yanappu to evolve... Evolution usually kills cuteness. I mean look at Slakoth to Slaking. D:

.. Unless they put a huge flower on his head and tail. Then I may still consider it cute. <3

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Well Tsutaja is confirmed to be just Grass type [at least until evolution], so the only sensible type for Acrobat is Flying. I really don't want Yanappu to evolve... Evolution usually kills cuteness. I mean look at Slakoth to Slaking. D:

.. Unless they put a huge flower on his head and tail. Then I may still consider it cute. <3

Usually a pokemon is all adorable and then turns into more of a monster.

Years

People and their cute mons...I personally don't find it cute anyways...though some evolutions make the mon cuter look at Chinchou ;)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    How can you not find it cute at all? IT IS THE MOST CUDDLY POKEMON EVER!

Look at my avatar and its sprite, you can't say it's not true. That's like saying Pokemon's awesome Pikachu sucks. :(

Years

Look at my avatar and its sprite, you can't say it's not true. That's like saying Pokemon's awesome Pikachu sucks. :(
    Pikachu is cute but has lame stats...
    LOl Mew is the MOST CUDDLY POKEMON EVER!
    I hope it's evolution is fierce and deadly looking...

Kanye West

but you can call me great
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    It looks cute.

I don't really care for how Pokemon look. I just want more....
    It makes competitive battling more fun

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years

Pikachu is cute but has lame stats...
    LOl Mew is the MOST CUDDLY POKEMON EVER!
    I hope it's evolution is fierce and deadly looking...
    I thought you were talking about Mew having an evolution for a second. XD

If it evolves, I will not let it unless it's cuter. I will find a way to make Yanappu a great battler!
    It looks cute.

I don't really care for how Pokemon look. I just want more....
    It makes competitive battling more fun
    Agreed

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Pikachu does suck in my opinion :P

I find the broccoli monkey cute but I don't like the design of its hands. It's hands like like oven gloves. WHERE ARE THE FINGERS? It is meant to be a monkey!!

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I love that monkey, it's so cute! It's like Ambipom but cuter. I'm going to use it as a Pokemon contest (or whatever contest they have in this generation) Pokemon.

Back