• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
Years
  • does anybody else see a little resemblance to pikachu and sudowoodo?
    im not a huge fan of it, tbh. i think it will probably be one of those pokemon on route 1's grass patch on level 3 or 4.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lol we Humans ourselves are Primates :P
    Most primates aren't exactly pretty. I for one like their bad looks. It makes me like them more.
    I agree with you, other creatures are more beautiful than us :)

In the future, try to avoid posts which discuss whether primates are appealing as a whole or not, as you'll just end up with the last post I quoted.

Also, looking like Pikachu or Sudowoodo? Hmm, I can sort of see the latter, but I don't see the connection to Pikachu.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Awwww! That sprite made me like it a lot more than I originally did.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have to agree. I love the way its face is smiling and pushed towards you. :3 I don't think I want it evolving to something with a big tree on its head or anything anymore than I did before. It would ruin its cute simplistic look. D: Unless they made its evolution design quite fierce or decent looking, I'll be fine. Anyway, we still don't know if it will have an evo or not yet, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Im hoping that it evolves into an Orangutan because we haven't had one of those yet.

Actually, this would make sense; with the move Acrobat, it hints to stretched movements, such as the long arms of an orangutan. I would just keep it as it is anyway, be it having an evolution or not. :)

Years
  • Actually, this would make sense; with the move Acrobat, it hints to stretched movements, such as the long arms of an orangutan. I would just keep it as it is anyway, be it having an evolution or not. :)
    It's too small,so it must have at least one evolution.
    I also hope it turns in to an orangutan,possibly grass/fighting(Go Breloom).

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • It's too small,so it must have at least one evolution.

Just because it's small doesn't mean it must have an evo; Castform, Ditto, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Pachirisu, Spinda, they are all single stage small pokemon.

And Aipom didn't have an evo for a few gens, I won't be suprised is Yanappu doesn't evolve.

Years
  • Just because it's small doesn't mean it must have an evo; Castform, Ditto, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Pachirisu, Spinda, they are all single stage small pokemon.

And Aipom didn't have an evo for a few gens, I won't be suprised is Yanappu doesn't evolve.
    Castform=Rotom
    Ditto=obvious
    the other Pokemon you have mentioned are bigger then Yanappu.
    They are also stronger stats wise then lets say Bulbasaur but are weaker then Ivysaur..
    I also don't see it's comparison with Aipom,other than that both are primates.
    IMO,Yanappu=Shroomish.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

Awwww! That sprite made me like it a lot more than I originally did.

yeah, i know what you mean :)
    i like it A LOT better now that i saw that sprite
    i just hope it's not Grass/Fighting
    that's too obvious and we already have enough fighting monkeys. It needs to be Just/Grass

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I looove its sprite; much cuter than the actual image. For most Pokemon so far, I prefer their official images than sprites, but omg this is cute. XD;

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    It's too small,so it must have at least one evolution.
    Ninja Edit:
    All are saying Hi:

Lol, just look at how many gen 2 pokemon are single stage... and these are just the small ones.
    (these didn't get an evolution in their own gen. and are not that big in size, maybe even small)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • LOL It looks funky. I hope it's a non-evolving Pokemon, because it looks nice, I don't want some ugly gorilla ruining it. =P

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

• yeah, i know what you mean :)
    i like it A LOT better now that i saw that sprite
    i just hope it's not Grass/Fighting
    that's too obvious and we already have enough fighting monkeys. It needs to be Just/Grass

Grass/Fighting would give it usefulness in battle, and it would be our second Fighting Monkey. Primeape is an ape.

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
  • And whether it has a tail or not, if it is classified as a Pig-Monkey Pokemon Primape is still a monkey...so to me it actually makes it the 5th

Back