• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn .... Beast ?

Years
  • As of now, Hoenn is definitely my favorite region. I actually started playing Pokemon in the Hoenn generation (not truly proud of it, though... wish I'd started earlier :x). I love how Hoenn is like the more tropical region in the Pokemon games with all the water routes and islands. It also had the best music, best Pokemon designs, and best cities/towns. I feel very nostalgic towards Hoenn as well, so I would looove to see a remake of R/S (or even Emerald, since I never got to play it before). I also don't get why so many people hate on Hoenn, but now all of a sudden, there's so much love for Hoenn. =/ Maybe because it's almost time for them to be remade. Well... when you consider the "tradition".

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • And here I remember everybody hating Hoenn, forever and evers.
    It is definately my favorite region, and it always has been. It's home to some of my favorite pokemon.

Uhhmm, no !! I'm from Ohio,US. Parma to be exact. 1207 Parkleigh Drive. lol.

O.o... ... ... ... ...I know where you live
    Will you still be all "lol" when I show up at your door? I know I will :3

Jk (or am I?) ;3

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • Hoenn is my least favorite region, I am not fond of the pokemon, the foe teams make no sense and are stupid and May/Brendan are the most pathetic rivals of the franchise.

In the little of the anime I watched before it died for me May annoyed me and is ugly. I always play as Brendan in the games. As for the towns being so unique, Paciflog and Foretree sure but that's only two. What's so special about the others?

I do enjoy the games to an extent however. Particularly the contests those are always fun.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Typical, I like the Pokémon, but it's the only gen I ain't played with.
    Starters were my fave of the lot, and it has ALOT of my fave Pokémon in it, too. And Sableye is my favorite at the minute.
    I'm waiting patiently for them remakes for now..

Absol Fire

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • To be honest,I found that game to be amazing.simple storyline,amazing Pokemon,And i also found Mossdeep City to be pretty unique as well.All in all,It was actually my favorite region.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    One thing about Hoenn and the games that none of the other Pokémon games had by far interested me in, was restarting. I could restart these games and travel through Hoenn over and over again, and within each time I'd give myself a harder challenge for completion. Many would agree that GSC gave a main nostalgic feeling towards Pokémon, but for me it was RSE. Hoenn (even the Pokémon anime during this time) brings back a good chunk of my childhood memories, especially each time I'd travel that region, over and over again. n_n

So yes, Hoenn is beast, and my favorite region. Sure it has its pros and cons, but there are also some things about this region that other generations lack.

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • And here I remember everybody hating Hoenn, forever and evers.
    It is definately my favorite region, and it always has been. It's home to some of my favorite pokemon.

O.o... ... ... ... ...I know where you live
    Will you still be all "lol" when I show up at your door? I know I will :3

Jk (or am I?) ;3

hahaha, sorry, but i moved, that's what the 'from' meant ! :)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • The Pokemon were cool, but the storyline sucked.
    One thing that is the main factor of why I want remakes is because of the music. There are countless tunes I love in it, such as Lilycove, Slateport, Gym Leader theme, Abandoned Ship, etc.

Echidna

Years
  • remakes are called remakes because they're remakes. .... ? I know how that sounded, but what i mean is that remakes are done to remake a game better than it originally was.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I liked Hoenn as a whole. It was a nice tropical region with a new view against caves or large cities, (Kanto & Johto respectively). I liked the basis for adding rain effects on some routes, and the sunny effect as well. I love the Pokemon, specifically Aggron, Swampert, and Salamence. Music was delightful, and the traveling became lengthier and a tad more exciting. The story wasn't exactly the best in the world, but what do you expect from Nintendo really? They at least decided to add Team Aqua/Magma. I was getting sick of Team Rocket. Aqua/Magma actually had a tiny bit of success awakening their respective legendaries, and the Emerald version really enhanced it. What's not to love?

Echidna

Years
  • You're my new best friend !!

You're perfectly right. all you said is true, and all that makes hoenn the best, along with introducing Cutscenes in emerald (Rayquaza flying down), and introducing double battles, and the first ever time of there being two villain teams (only in emerald), and the first ever battle frontier (except the battle building thingies in ruby, sapphire, and crystal..., but this was the first 'frontier'...).

There was even a very quick boost in graphics and animated sprites (emerald), also contests and battle center thingies. Also a very expanded set of legendary pokemon (Of course the high number of legendary pokemon was abused in gen 4, but it was great in gen 3). There was also dive, which is by far the greatest graphics effect ever, and removing it later was stupid. Gen 5 did introduse diving again, but only in one area, and it sucked.

I think EV training was also first introduced in gen 3, which made training so much more fun and more precise. Natures were also introduced in gen 3.

Hoenn was also the best looking region of them all, bringing a huge variety of new pokemon, 135 to be exact. Also the great number of sidequests (Compared to previous games, and limited here to items and battles, but sidequests none the less).

Yeah, i think hoenn and gen 3 in general were the best ever in the whole pokemon RPG series.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2012
    By far my favorite region. The pokemon were great, the locations were beautifully designed, and the characters were full of personality.

Echidna

Years
  • Yeah, johto's great too, but i still think that there will never be a better reigon than hoenn, reasons mentioned above.... ^_^

PEDRO12 said:
    You're perfectly right. all you said is true, and all that makes hoenn the best, along with introducing Cutscenes in emerald (Rayquaza flying down), and introducing double battles, and the first ever time of there being two villain teams (only in emerald), and the first ever battle frontier (except the battle building thingies in ruby, sapphire, and crystal..., but this was the first 'frontier'...).

There was even a very quick boost in graphics and animated sprites (emerald), also contests and battle center thingies. Also a very expanded set of legendary pokemon (Of course the high number of legendary pokemon was abused in gen 4, but it was great in gen 3). There was also dive, which is by far the greatest graphics effect ever, and removing it later was stupid. Gen 5 did introduse diving again, but only in one area, and it sucked.

I think EV training was also first introduced in gen 3, which made training so much more fun and more precise. Natures were also introduced in gen 3.

Hoenn was also the best looking region of them all, bringing a huge variety of new pokemon, 135 to be exact. Also the great number of sidequests (Compared to previous games, and limited here to items and battles, but sidequests none the less).

Yeah, i think hoenn and gen 3 in general were the best ever in the whole pokemon RPG series.

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
    Years
  • I totally agree.Hoenn has:

Awesome Music
    Secret Bases
    Fortree City(FTW)
    Battle Frontier
    Wide open areas
    Beautiful scenery
    2 Villain Teams
    2 Rivals
    Caves
    Big Cities
    Awesome Story
    Double Battles
    A Space Station
    A Weather Institute
    A lot of Islands and Sea Routes
    Badass Starters
    Badass Pokemon(Salamence FTW)
    Tropical Enviroment
    Awesome Legendaries
    Contests

Anything else? >:D

Years
  • I honestly hated Hoenn... lol.

Something about Hoenn annoys me, maybe the horrible game graphics, or maybe the pokemon designs. Idk, but I think Hoenn is my least favorite region.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Hoenn :D

I actually HATED the contests but other than that, everything else is amazing, including the ugly trees xD.

Back