• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn .... Beast ?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
  • I love Hoen the most out of every region (and with that, I love Emerald most out of any pokemon game), I love playing my Emerald again and again, but I've lost my charger so I can't play it sadly at the moment : (

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I swear i would shoot my self if i lost my DS charger !! Well both of them actually (universal port and outlet thingy). :lol:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • As far as actual regions go, Hoenn is my favorite. It's just the most varied, and has lots of cool features like diving and the two bikes etc.

Echidna

Years
  • Yeah i just realized this, why was diving removed after Hoenn ?? Hmm never though about this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    - waves a johto flag in the air -

go johto :3

I liked Hoenn alot, but Johto is a little bit better

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • In response to this I want to say that Hoenn was when I really got serious into catching, breeding, battling. I mean the concepts were there in R/B/Y/G/S/C but Hoenn was where it all happened. I'm honestly excited for them to remake this game, and I really hope they do because I'm looking forward to my Blaziken/Sceptile

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hoenn is one of my favorite regions because of its music, and somehow, its storyline, as well as the Pokemon used.

Echidna

Years
  • yeah it has a very good storyline, but it gets better in later gens.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    Guess im the only one who didnt like hoenn that much? ^.^
    I dont know, I guess the first thing I really didnt like was the starters, they just didnt suit me..
    My favorite has to be the originals R/B/Y
    But then again, I also like the most up to date one, because you have over 500 pokemon to choose from, tons of moves, tons of items, and a little bit more to do after the elite four/main story.

I love all pokemon games but i think hoenn was one of my least favorites.
    But still; Would buy a remake asap if it came out :)
    Looking forward to it! :D

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Guess im the only one who didnt like hoenn that much? ^.^
    I dont know, I guess the first thing I really didnt like was the starters, they just didnt suit me..
    My favorite has to be the originals R/B/Y
    But then again, I also like the most up to date one, because you have over 500 pokemon to choose from, tons of moves, tons of items, and a little bit more to do after the elite four/main story.

I love all pokemon games but i think hoenn was one of my least favorites.
    But still; Would buy a remake asap if it came out :)
    Looking forward to it! :D

Once I am done with my tournament team on black, I am replaying Emerald :) yeah I agree. I miss the old days of R/B/Y. I just remember Blastoise's sprite was like huge.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    but Johto is a little bit better

Completely agree with you.

However, I like Hoenn's landscape, towns such as Pacifidlog Town and Fortree City. They are all very unique in their own ways, such as Pacifidlog Town is a town made of wood, which resembles a fish farm and Fortree City is a town made out of trees.

And this is what i meant by a fish farm as there are many types of fish farms.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3268/3137326949_4cace33cdf.jpg

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Hoenns landscape can become sooooooo beautiful with 5. gen graphics... (Foretree, Pacifidlog, Falabor and Verdanturf...)

Echidna

Years
  • Yeah i mean, imagine how fortree and sootopolis would look like. My god they would be the best ever. When i think about Hoenn remakes, i almost faint. *faints*

Gwaponezz

DIE BISSHES!!!
    Years
  • I Wish there was a remake of R/S/E
    Shiny Ruby
    Deep Saphire
    Hidden Emerald
    =D i thought of that as remakes after HGSS was released.

Years
  • as a region its one of the best, but i dont like the choice of pokemon.
    why the hell did they take out secret bases for all subsequent games? seriously, they were such a great idea, i dont know how they could be stupid enough to remove them.

Darkrai::.

Darkrai Rulez
    Years
  • Agreed, i tink hoenn's the best region too, for one reason i really liked May and max who visited on the anime. Im also a fan of the weather trio, and sceptile, blaziken and swampert too.

Years
  • It's my joint favourite region, tied with Johto :)

It just had so much to offer, the pokémon, storylines, tough Gym Leaders in Emerald, the two rival teams, two of the best protagonists imo, the cities themselves, like Sootopolis underwater and Fortree City built on trees, the introduction of Diving, the Battle Frontier in Emerald, Steven / Scott, Rayquaza, contests and ribbons and pokéblocks, some of the new HMs / TMs, Match Call - rematches with Gym Leaders, the fact that a Gym Leader was your father...

I could go on and on, but I shall resist :)

AllentheGuitarist

I don't even, sir.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Yeah... I really enjoyed 3rd gen, but I just can't get over how much 2nd gen had to offer. The storyline was better in 3rd gen, but it seemed like it was over far too quickly coming from 2nd, ya know?

I feel like revisiting older places should become a staple in pokemon games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It didn't age well. I liked it at first, but after playing through it several times, the copious amounts of water really started to get to me. Also, those "unique" town concepts, I just found weird and them attempting to "be different for the sake of being different."

Hoenn did have its share of good ideas, but of the regions it seems the least realistic to me because of all those towns like Fortree, Sootopolis, and Pacifidlog that aren't the typical town.

Back