• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Grand Festival [CLOSING SOON] ✮ IC Thread

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed: Beach

Dallas opened his eyes as the sun beamed down. His Eevee was still sound asleep. He looked at his arms and stomach, they more brown than he had before he went to sleep.

"Ooo, a nice tan." He said to himself.

The Eevee's ears twitched and it opened its eyes.

"Hello sleepy head." Dallas smiled.

The little eevee yawned and stretched before jumping down from his stomach. Dallas stood up, not feeling the burning of his sun burn at all.

"Alright Eevee, return for a bit." He said pulling on its pokeball and bringing it back in.

His back was covered in sand. He reached for another pokeball, "Froakie come on out!!" He called.

'Froakie!'

"Froakie, can you use your bubbles to clean the sand off my back please?" Dallas asked.

Froakie listened and grabbed a hand full of bubbles and started using it to wipe away the sand. With in a few minutes, the sand was completely gone. Froakie climbed to his shoulder and waited for a new command or to return to the pokeball.

"Wow!! Is that a Froakie!?" A little voice came.

Dallas turned around to where a group of little kids were in swim suites and smiled.

"Yep, I am form the Kalos Region. So I have a few Kalos Pokemon." Dallas said.

He watched the faces of the children light up.

"Can we see them!? Please please!" One of the little girls asked.

The other started begging as well and Dallas started laughing.

"Sure! Give me a seconds." Dallas reported.

Dallas turned to his bag and pulled out eight poke balls and held them in his arms and tossed them into the air.

"Come out and meet the children!" He said with a cheer.

Froakie jumped down as Talonflame, Meowstic, Skiddo, Hawlucha, Duoblade, Litleo, Pancham and Slurpuff appeared from there pokeballs. The children went wild as they started petting the pokemon and playing with them.

"So you are Kalos Scum!" A voice cried.

Dallas's eyes narrowed and he looked back. A boy about the same age as himself appeared.

"I will say some form Kalos are scum, but not all of us." Dallas said.

"I don't care. Kalos trained shouldn't be here. This is Hoenn! This is my turf!" The boy yelled.

"Please. You really want to yell with kids around?" Dallas said sarcastically.

"I will battle you right here! Right now! Hoenn vs Kalos! A three on three battle! No cheating like all of your kind does!" The boy yelled.

Dallas sighed, "Fine."

The children backed away from the pokemon. Dalex returned his pokemon and separated from the two, making sure the children were out of the way.

"Go! Hariyama, Glalie, and Aggron!" The boy cried.

Dalex studded the pokemon that had just came out. "Hawlucha, Meowstic, and Litleo, stand by for battle." He said as his pokemon appeared form their balls.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
The Great Vengeance Pt. 2
The Adventures of Cabbage

"You shall dread this day forever! I choose you, Altaria!"

The mother smirked as she summoned her Altaria. Behind her, the little girl was cheering on her mother. Cabbage grunted as the Altaria cried out in its elegant way. She either wants to coordinate in her silly Slateport ways or she actually wants to end this, Cabbage thought. One more hit and Torterra is a goner. But I have just the pokemon to beat her. But this will be our best appeal in a battle yet.

"Altaria! Dragon Pulse to the air!"

The dragon open up her beak as she released her attack in the air. Whatever this is, it doesn't look good, Cabbage thought.

"Torterra, use Stone Edge around you!"

Torterra lifted up more rocks from the ground and made yet another circular shield around it. Before Cabbage can command more, the mother spoke first.

"Now Altaria! Fly above!" Altaria flew above without effort. The lady then snarled. "Now! Counter your attack with Hyper Beam!"

At first Cabbage was quizzical, but then she caught on. Hyper Beam and a Dragon Pulse fused together, both are a special split. And since... Cabbage then gasped.

"Torterra! Use Super Power on the rocks!"

With all his might, Torterra used his attack to power up the rocks and send a wall of rocks at the Altaria. Just when both of their attacks came in contact, the combination of Altaria's attacks broke the flying wall. The beam hit Torterra and he collapsed on the ground, unable to battle. In the other hand, some of the scattered rocks hit Altaria and she cried as she hand to land on the ground herself. Cabbage sighed as Torterra couldn't get up. At least I'm close to winning, she thought.

"Return Torterra!"

She tried not to sound too mushy as she said this. That's Emerald's thing; to grieve on his loss of a pokemon yet smile at their efforts. Cabbage shook the thoughts away. Knowing that he was here made Cabbage nervous. She does not want another loss to him. Cabbage took out another pokeball. Castform whined behind her.

"Castform," whispered Cabbage. "If she gets knocked out, then you're going."

Castform reluctantly agreed.

"I need your strength now! Go Dedenne!"

Dedenne comes out in all her cuteness. Sure size puts her in a corner, but type advantage is on her side.

"Dedenne! Fairy Wind now!"

Luckily for Cabbage, Dedenne knew better than to strike directly. Instead, she coated herself with it.

"Altaria, strike it down with Iron Tail!"

As Altaria came closer with her swinging tail, Dedenne put on her best determined look.

"Now! Use Parabolic Charge!"

As Dedenne used her attack, she absorbed most of the Fairy Wind and unleashed her attack at Altaria. Altaria came in contact and barely hit Dedenne, but the attack send the poor pokemon into the air. But as Altaria landed on the ground to rest again, Dedenne landed on top of her. Cabbage smiled.

"Now Dedenne! Use Play Rough on Altaria!"

Dedenne sent her attack on the pokemon below her, and Dedenne managed to swing off Altaria and land on the ground with her feet. Altaria in the other hand was lying on the ground, without getting up.

"You little... Return Altaria!"

The lady's face turned red and the girl in the other hand was accompanied by other kids. Cabbage assumed these spectators watched the fall of the dragon. That's when Cabbage noticed all around her that there were battles on the beach. The she drew back her focus to the battlefield.

"Go Pelliper!"

Pelliper came out and instantly flew, enjoying the breeze.

"Pelliper!" The mother shouted on the top of her lungs. She had that look of pure hatred. "Use Scald around you!"

From his big beak, Pelliper threw out water to himself.

"Now Dedenne, use Parabolic Charge!"

As Dedenne gathered her strength to attack, Pelliper gave a battle cry.

"Now Pelliper, Aqua Jet!"

Before Dedenne could attack, Pelliper hit Dedenne. She took quite a hit, Cabbage thought. So now what... Wait, he watered himself so...

"Pelliper! Aqua Jet again!"

As Pelliper directed his attack to Dedenne, she got up, prepared to strike.

"Use Thunderbolt now!"

Not a second too soon Pelliper hit Dedenne, she unleashed her electric attack. She shocked him so bad that he instantly fell to the ground fried. Dedenne recoiled back too but she was up.

"Are you happy now? Scaring my daughter and beating me up..."

With that, she withdrew Pelliper and dragged her daughter back with her. The remaining kids just awed and then ran to Cabbage.

"Can we pet your pokemon? Please?"

"I've never seen one of those pokemon before. May I pet it with your permission..."

Cabbage thought about it. Then again, I don't want no angry moms at me.

"Sure. Just don't run off with them or choke them."

Cabbage smiled as the kids kindly and nicely petted Castform and Dedenne. The she realized where she was again. Oh great. Emerald's habits are getting on me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed: Beach

Dallas' pokemon roared as the looked at the other pokemon.

"I will start so I can make sure you don't cheat!" The boy announced.

"Fine, do as you wish." Dallas agreed, shrugging.

"Glalie, use Ice beam, Hariyama Stone Edge, Aggron Flash Cannon!." The boy commanded.

The pokemon started to react.

"All of you dodge. Use Noble Roar, Flying Press, and Shadow Ball!" Dallas commanded.

Dallas pokemon dodged the moves. Litleo used Noble Roar and it affected all of them. Hawlucha used Flying Press on Aggron and Meowstic used Shadow Ball on Glalie. Glalie dodged the shadow ball, but the Flying Press nailed Aggron, making it stumble backwards.

"How! Flying Press is a Flying Type move!" The boy called.

"If you knew anything about Kalos, you would know Flying Press is a Flying and Fighting Type move at the same time!" Dallas yelled.

"You cheat! Aggron use Flash Cannon, Hariyama use Stone Edge, and Glalie use Ice Beam! Over and over!"

"Quick dodge!" But Dallas was taken by surprised when all the attacks were aimed at Meowstic. Meowstic dodged the first wave, but the second wave, it took all three hits and was unable to battle.

"Meowstic return." Dallas shot a glare at the trainer.

"What's wrong? Not as good as you thought you were?"

"Ganging up on a single pokemon with all three shows that you are a coward. That is nothing to be bragging about." Dallas spat.

Before he could say another command and put his pokeball at his side, he used the same tactic, but this time on Hawlucha, and again it worked. Dallas said nothing as he returned Hawlucha who was now unable to battle.

"Hahaha! Kalos scum! Give up you can't win, it is three on one!" The boy yelled.

"The problem with a triple battle is that you have to command three pokemon at the same time." Dallas said.

"Only losers say that!" The boy taunted again.

"Try that combo again, see what happens. Using the same combo over and over wears your pokemon out." Dalls said.

The boy commanded the pokemon to do the same thing, but this time was different. Dallas could already tell the pattern the boy was using Litleo saw it to. He hadn't changed it up. As the attacks continued to miss, the boy came increasingly frustrated.

"Not Litleo, use Noble Roar while running, then use ember on Glalie!" Dallas commanded.

Litleo listened, and the speed the pokemon was moving at was a blur. The ember made contact.

"Now Fire Fang!" Dallas commanded.

Litleo did and the it made contact, Glalie was sent flying to the ground and it was unable to battle.

"Now Litleo, before he can call another attack, use Take Down to jump on Hariyama's back and then use ember on Aggron!"

Litleo listened again and it used take down, knocking Hariyama in the back and sending it flying, but it ran up its back and jumped of the head and used Ember on Aggron.

"Now use a spinning ember fang!" Dallas cried.

Litleo circled itself in an ember and the fire on its fang intensified as it spun down onto Aggron, exploding on impact. Litleo jumped back as Aggron fell, but before Litleo landed, a sinister poison jap exploded into Litleo, sending it crashing to the ground.

"Litleo!" Dalex cried.

Hariyama went on a rampage at Litleo, using poison jab over and over.

"Stop Hariyama! You will kill it!" The boy cried.

As the beating continued, Dalex ran toward the large fighting pokemon and caught the pokemon arm and stopped it in its path. Hariyama's eyes turned a deathly red and it used a force palm on Dallas. Dallas crashed to the ground a few feet away. Hariyama ignored Dallas and went back to Litleo. Hariyama's trainer jumped in front of it, but was sent away by a force palm. Hariyama walked toward Litleo and got ready to use a Focus Blast on it.

"LITLEO!!" Dallas cried.

Litleo started to glow which stopped Hariyama in its tracks. The little lion turned into a massive lion. The little bit of hair turned into a massive mane of fire.

'ROAR!!' The new Pyroar roared.

Dallas smiled as he slowly got back to his feet. He looked at Pyroar who was dodging attacks.

"Pyroar! Use flamethrower! Jump into the flames and used fire fang!" Dallas commanded.

At that moment, Pyroar lunched a massive flamethrower that sent towels and chairs flying in different directions with the heat wave that shot out. The attack exploded on contact and Hariyama cried out. After the dust settled, Hariyama was laying on the ground, unable to battle. Pyroar remained standing.

"Hariyama... return..." The boy said, tears flowing down his face.

The boy started to walk toward Dallas. Dallas was expecting another insult, but instead, the boy put his hand out. Dallas smiled and shook it. The children cheered.

"I am sorry... What I did was a coward move." The boy said, as he walked away with his head down.

"Hey!" Dallas cried.

The boy stopped in his tracks and turned and looked at Dallas.

"You know... I was about to share some Ice Cream with everyone, I could use some help handing out cones? Want to help?" Dallas asked with a smile.

"But why?" The boy asked.

"You are a great trainer." Dallas said.

"But... I was a coward. My Hariyama didn't even listen to me in the end... I thought me and it were becoming friends, but I guess not."

"All you have to do is keep trying. And what you did, I consider a coward move, but it is a fair strategy. All trainers have their own ways of doing things. That is what being a trainer is about. To give training your own unique style. That is what brings trainers closer. Now come on, help me pass out ice cream cones, and then I will show everyone a great show." Dallas smiled.

"K!" The boy wiped his eyes and smiled.

The children cheered.

"Vanillish and Meowstics! Come back out!" Dallas cried, as his two pokemon appeared. He had already used a hyper potion on Meowstics when no one was looking, and it looked better than ever.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
The Coordinator Training

After kids were cautiously admiring Cabbage's pokemon, their moms came to get them. Cabbage waved goodbye to them as they left, but one mother and her son stayed behind.

"I just want to thank you for teaching Salma and her daughter Kendra a lesson. They think that they're higher than everybody and as a result, they do whatever they want."

Can't say that I'm surprised, Cabbage thought.

"I just did it for my Castform here. Never realized that I was actually doing a favor to someone. Anyway, I gotta go to train for the contest..."

"The festival you mean?" The mother's eyes sparkled. "I can be some assistance if you want; I've been outside of Hoenn and participated in many contests myself. And since festival has trainers from all over the region, I might as well show you what they can do."

Hm..., Cabbage thought. I haven't been able to go outside of Hoenn for the contest, and most of the other region pokemon I have are from trades. Maybe I should... it wouldn't hurt. Cabbage looked towards her partner and raised an eyebrow. She did the same to Dedenne, and they agreed.

"Sure. The training would help. Name's Cabbage by the way."

Cabbage extended out her hand to the mother.

"Okay. I'm Natalie, and this is my little boy, Joey." Cabbage shook hands with both of them. "Pleasure to meet you Cabbage. Let's get started but first..."

Natalie pulled out a Max Revive and a Hyper Potion, and used the potion on Dedenne. Cabbage summoned Torterra and the revive was used on him, making him roar in happiness.

"The beach is awfully crowded of trainers." As Cabbage said this, she roamed around the area and saw lots of battles happening. One that just finished caught her eye; a boy fighting with Kalos pokemon just won by evolution. "Let's go by the lighthouse. We need more room anyway."

Natalie nodded and the trio along with the pokemon walked towards the lighthouse. So if Kalos trainers are here, I better put my best performance yet, Cabbage thought.

"Now then," said Natalie. "Time for practice#1. Study their moves. Pokemon tend to have advantages depending on their movesets so..."

Then she took out the pokemon Cabbage knew as Chesnuaght.

"It's a good thing you have out of region pokemon, but make sure they are from the same region. It helps your pokemon expect it."

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2023
Emerald leaned against the wall as an angry parent walked up to Cabbage. I knew I saw a Castform earlier today. Lets see how she gets herself out of this one. The trainer sent out a Starapter only to be defeated. To Emerald's suprise she sends Torterra back. The angry mom sent out an Altaria and then a Pelipper but only to be defeated.

Kids swarmed up to Cabbage's Pokémon after the battle, begging to pet and play with them. Something that Emerald didnt think she would allow.

It seems she doesnt completely ignore me when I talk.

She was talking to someone and then they both started walking towards the Lighthouse.Emerald climbed to the top of a house close to the Lighthouse to get a good view. Espeon used her psychic to float Growlithe and herself to the top.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Come Go Castform!

"Now then Cabbage, for a battle..."

Cabbage smiled and withdrew a pokeball. Blaziken is the perfect choice. Fire beats grass, thought Cabbage. She was about to summon Blaziken when Castform happily jumped in front. Cabbage gave a glare at Castform.

"Castform. I was planning for Blaziken to fight this round. Come back."

Castform shook her head and was in battle position.

"Really Castform, I will train you, just not against a fighting pokemon."

Castform cried and Cabbage changed her glare to a frown. Natalie stood there and shook her head.

"Cabbage, let Castform fight."

"But I haven't trained Blaziken in a while," whined Cabbage. "Plus, this is a type to beat up a grass, no?"

"But, even the greatest coordinator knows to trust their pokemon." Natalie then put a frown. "Let your Castform battle. Trust is important in battle no matter what strategy is used."

"Your starting to sound like Emerald."

"Who?"

Cabbage sighed. She was sure if he saw this, he'd be laughing his socks off.

"Emerald is just a rival of mine who keeps giving me those kind of talks."

"I'd take it that you don't listen to him."

"Yeah. It's just annoying."

Cabbage pushes those moments where she did listen to him.

Natalie raised a hand.

"So will you battle with Castform?"

Cabbage reluctantly agreed. Castform cheered. Hopefully I don't lose really bad, Cabbage thought.

Years
Alex Simmonds - Return to Slateport

images

421-s.png
593.png
282.png
637.png
392.png
706.png

Alex looked upon Slateport city with a grin as he straightened up his waistcoat. The sun was unobscured by clouds covering the beachside city with gloriously warm rays of sunlight that made the city feel very vibrant and alive.
This was the second time that Alex had been to the bustling city, having won his very first Hoenn contest ribbon there only days after he arrived in the region from Sinnoh. Alex reflected upon his journey – opening his ribbon case to gaze upon the representations of his progress although he needed no help at all to remember his wins. If there was one thing Alex could always remember it was the thrill of a good competition and the stunning beauty of pokemon contests.

Five ribbons glittered from gold centre-pieces, shining up at Alex; one from Slateport, One from Verdanturf, One from Rustboro, One from Oldale and one from Mosdeep. He'd competed in a few other contests but had only managed to place as runner-up at best in those – although he was thankful to have never fallen below the top eight. He had certainly enjoyed his stay so far in the tropical region of Hoenn, experiencing not only contests but also having vivid memories of racing through rapids by Pacifdlog, climbing Mt. Chimney and exploring forests and undersea reefs and caves. Unfortunately, this was to be one of Alex's last stops in Hoenn. After competing in the Grand Festival - or staying to watch the rest should he, heaven forbid, fail to make it further than the appeals, he was set only to hear a lecture given by Professor Birch in Littleroot Town before boarding a ship bound for Sunnyshore City in Dewford. Not that Alex planned on staying in Sinnoh too long… actually he had already made plans to join the Kanto contest season once it begun.

"Infernape!" Aedus piped up impatiently by Alex's side. The fire-type was an adventurous spirit much like Alex, but unlike his trainer he was far less patient and preferred to keep on the move. It was this temperament that meant he was suited more towards gym battles than contests – although on the occasions he had been used in contest battles (Alex preferred not to use him during the appeals) he had performed admirably – even earning Alex his first ribbon in Hoenn (repeating the trend he had set in Sinnoh) right there in Slateport.
"You're right, Aedus" Alex smiled back at the monkey-like pokemon "We should get a move on. I've been standing here for a while now and I need to register before entries close."

With Aedus by his side Alex strode leisurely through the town. It reminded him somewhat of a giant Sandgem Town or a less crowded Sunnyshore – he had to admit that those solar walkways were an eyesore if ever there was one. Alex entered the pokemon centre, deciding to avoid the inevitably long lines at the contest hall by registering there instead and whilst still having to wait in line for a while (much to Aedus' irritation) he was soon registered as a competitor in the Grand Festival alongside his team of Flora, Nymph and Sol and had a room booked there at the pokemon centre.
"Right then" Alex grinned at his Infernape "why don't we check out the Market place and then move down to the beach? We're bound to find something interesting to do along that way".

Etherion

clawitzer.gif
Clawitzer (M) Nickname: Finick Mega Launcher Focus Blast | Dragon Pulse | Heal Pulse | Flash Cannon

swellow.gif
Swellow (M) Nickname: Valor Guts Whirlwind | Boomburst | Brave Bird | Heat Wave

meowstic-f.gif
Meowstic (M) Nickname: Maleficent (Effie for short) Infiltrator Psychic | Thunder Wave | Magical Leaf | Dark Pulse

Accumulated Points:

Austin Kavanaugh

Another perfect combo performed by Finick. The beam struck both the thief and his Hostile Pokemon. They were on the ground, injured and immobile. Austin smiled at his Clawitzer, and so did Finick. The security guards were already running towards them, after arriving at the scene, they took the criminal away and the purse was given back to the lady. Upon going back to the Pokemon Center, Austin was greeted my the purse owner. "Hello there, youngster!" the lady wearing a maroon dress and a pearl necklace called out. Austin approached her with curiosity. "I'd like to give you something, for getting my purse back,"

He quickly objected the offer. "You dont need to do that," he said, but the woman's hands were already rummaging her purse. She pulled out a small pink gem necklace. "Its a Psychic Gem, give it to one of your Pokemon." Austin bowed, and thanked the old woman, after that he registered for the Grand Festival and went to his room. The weirdest thought crossed his mind, that woman reminded him of his grandma.

Word Counter: 179
CSS Credit: Nakuzami
BACKGROUND Credit: SweetLittleVampire

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed : Beach

"Everyone come out and help with giving everyone cones!!" Dallas called as he threw pokeballs up, revealing any pokemon who could hand out cones such as Pikachu, Empoleon, and other pokemon who were bipedal. With all his pokemon, it did not take long to hand out cones to everyone who wanted one.

"Is that everyone who wants a cone?!" Dallas questioned.

A cheer of about thirty people field the area around him. He returned all of his pokemon other than Meowstic, Slurpuff and Vanillish.

"Alright, get your ice cream cones ready!" Dallas joyfully yelled.

He waited a minute for everyone to get ready, then he gave the command.

"Alright! Slurpuff, use sweet scent and then swirl it around in the air with Fairy Wind!" Dallas called.

Slurpuff obeyed and released sweet scent. The spell was so intense that you could actually see it. It was an amazing smell that couldn't be explained. Slurpuff then used Fairy Wind to stir it around to make a pink cyclone of amazing smell.

"Keep it up Slurpuff! Now Vanillish, jump into the center of the cyclone and release a blizzard, at medium power!" Dallas commanded.

Vanillish listened and quickly hoped into the pink cyclone. Seconds later, the cyclone turned into a white and pink color of wind, blending together. The area where the cyclone was twisting at, turned thirty degrees cooler, and even colder in the center.

"Keep it up for one more minute both of you!" Dallas yelled.

Dallas waited a minute, "Now both stop! Meowstic, quickly use psychic and form the mixture into snowballs!"

All three listened, as Slurpuff and Vanillish stopped, Meowstic used psychic and quickly formed the mix into many snowballs. The temperature started returning to normal as the Sweet Fairy Blizzard stopped. Dallas smiled when he started hearing laughs and gasps.

"Now Meowstic, put one snowball on each cone!"

The snowballs floated toward everyone as Meowstic controlled them with ease and put a snowball on everyone's cone. He hopped that sand didn't get mixed in with the control of the winds. He took a taste of it and smilled, it had worked perfectly. Cheers roared as people took licks of their ice cream in delight.

"It is so good!!"
"That was amazing!"
Best ice cream I have ever had!!"

The joyful cries called over and over. After a few minutes of getting compliments, the crowd finally died down and only the boy he had battled, and a girl about his age were left.

"Good jobs guys, now return." Dallas complimented his pokemon as the red lights absorbed them.

"Man dude! That was amazing! How did you come up with hat idea?" The boy he had battled asked.

Dallas smiled, "I learned it from when I was in Snowpoint City of Sinnoh. One day I was outside when a blizzard was going on, training with some of my pokemon, a wild pokemon used sweet scent in a battle and the blizzard was so cold, that it actually froze the scent and made it a sweet scent blizzard. I tasted it, and it was amazing." Dallas reported.

"Man dude, that is truly the best Ice Cream I have ever had. My name is Thomas by the way." Thomas said.

"Nice to finally know your name." Dallas smiled.

After Dallas and Thomas had stopped talking and Thomas left, the girl finally stepped forward. She had blond hair and green eyes. She was a bit tanner than Dallas was. She wore flip flops and a long pink tank top which covered up her bathing suit.

"Hello." Dallas said, putting his towel and shirt over his shoulder and picking his bag up with his pokeballs.

"Hey, if you have time... do you think... umm...." The girl hesitated.

Dallas smiled, "Yes?"

"Uh... can we hang out!" She quickly spat out.

Dallas laughed, "Sure... but I think it would be best to know names first."

Dallas saw her face become very red.

"Oh yeah... my name is Allison... but people call me Ally." She said, a cute smile showing on her face.

Years
Alex Simmonds - Power vs Combinations: Battling a Bizarre Foe

images

421-s.png
593.png
282.png
637.png
392.png
706.png

Alex, Aedus by his side, spent the next hour or so wandering through the Market Place stopping every now and then to have a look at an item. Currently Alex was scrutinising the quality of a protean solution determining whether or not there was actually a point in using it or not. It was an expensive drink and Alex wasn't exactly made of money… but it did appear to be of a pretty good quality so he ended up buying a set of similar drinks.
"Might be useful for breeding and training" he explained to Aedus as the two continued down the street.

It seemed like an ideal day to Alex, who soaked up the warm weather with glee. He'd found some good deals at the Markets, he'd arrived and registered without any trouble. The only problem was that he hadn't found anything that was particularly interesting to do just yet. With that in mind he decided that he was going to head down to the beach, from what he had heard, a lot of the festival trainers had made their way to the hot sand in order to use the wide space as a practice arena. By the sounds of things, well judging by what two elderly people he had walked past had said, some pretty heated battles had already broken out.
"It's like they want to cause as much mayhem as they can before they get all classed up for the festival! In my day we at least tried to avoid areas where people were relaxing in the sun!"
"Angelica… back when you were a coordinator you nearly got arrested for disturbing the piece when you were practicing with your Electrode. Something about too many explosions wasn't it?"
Alex laughed at the memory of the elderly couple, one of whom was clearly an ex-coordinator. He made a mental note to do a bit of research and see if he could find anything about a coordinator named Anglelica who'd used an electrode and nearly gotten herself arrested.

Before Alex knew it, he was standing on the beach and looking quite out of place in his attire. Alex stood there surrounded by people in boardshorts and bikinis whilst he himself was wearing trousers, a simple but classy white shirt and his favourite black waistcoat.

Paying no mind to how strange he must look considering his location, Alex made to stroll across the beach but soon found his way blocked by a slightly younger boy. He had messy brown hair and wore a pair of green trunks and a black jacket (no shirt). A wide grin was evident on the boy's face, a grin that became somewhat creepy when it never faltered as the younger of the two stared at Alex. Not saying a word and not moving either.
"Uh… can I help you?" Alex asked, not entirely sure how to respond to this, he could see Aedus chuckling next to him but paid him as little mind as he had paid his attire.
"You have an infernape" the nameless, rather disturbing boy said. It wasn't a question, but Alex felt as though he had to answer it. Feeling rather uncomfortable Alex responded
"Um… yeah his name's Aedus." Aedus bowed, giving a mocking grin to Alex as he did so. Alex rolled his eyes. All of this however seemed to go completely unnoticed by the weird guy, who had just pulled out a pokeball and tossed it into the sky. In a flash of brilliant fire a monferno appeared.
Well now I can see where this is going… I do have to give him credit though. That was a cool seal. A lot like the one I equip to Aedus' ball when he's being used in a contest. Undaunted the boy started speaking again
"So you've been to Sinnoh?"
"Yeah, I'm from Solaceon Town actually." Alex said, a bizarre expression still on his features. This guy was really weird.
"My name's David!" the weird guy said becoming scarily enthusiastic "I'm from Sinnoh too! I'm from Jubilife though."
Well with a personality like yours where else could you be from…
"Are you in the Grand Festival?" the strange boy asked, his hyperactive persona not wavering
"Yeah… I am actually. Are you?" Alex was finding it very hard to get used to David's personality and mannerisms, he was practically jumping up and down now.
"Yeah! Why don't we have a practice battle? Aedus versus Ferno."
Couldn't he have been slightly more creative… that poor Monferno. Still, Alex had been looking for something interesting to do. This seemed like the perfect opportunity. Aedus' devious smile was all the agreement that Alex needed from his partner.

Soon Alex and David stood several metres apart, Aedus and Ferno between them. Both the Monferno and Infernape looked eager to test their strengths against each other. Alex was looking forward to the battle himself… but he couldn't help wanting to be rid of the strange guy he was battling either.
"First move is up to you" Alex called over and without replying David began giving Ferno instructions.
"Use Hidden Power!" David yelled, now literally jumping slightly "but Flame Wheel straight through it!" At this command Ferno launched several small golden orbs forward before leaping forward a wheel of bright fire erupting around it as it spun forward the golden light caught up in the rotation creating streaks of gold light amongst the flames. Alex had to admit it was an impressive combination, but this wasn't a contest battle so he sore no reason to treat it like one.
"Nice combo" he admitted, smiling back at his hyperactive opponent "Aedus, Dig!" With a single movement Aedus smashed a hole into the ground and leapt into it forcing Ferno to stop it's attack.
"Oh no" David had stopped jumping
"Get him!" at this command, Aedus burst forth from the sand below Ferno, sending him flying upwards, Alex was far from done though.
"Close Combat!" still in the air, the Infernape began pummelling its pre-evolved form with strong punches and kicks, finishing with a spinning-kick than launched Ferno to the ground in an explosion of sand.
"Get up Ferno!"
"Swords Dance!" Alex called. Even as the Monferno crawled to its Aedus had made fierce dance-like movements coated in white- blue energy. As the energy faded, Alex grinned. He knew that he had this match in the bag.
"Fire Pledge!" David shouted, a ring of blazing pillars erupting around Ferno "and Hidden Power again!" the golden orbs flew from the spaces, creating an awe-inspiring effect whilst the pillars of fire also acted as a protective barrier. As creepy as David was, Alex was forced to give him credit. Even though he clearly relied a lot on Hidden Power for his combinations with Ferno, they were very well thought out and it was evident how the strange guy had made it to the Grand Festival. But pizazz and well thought out contest moves, just were not going to be enough to defeat the raw power Aedus' had developed through gym battles and pokemon leagues without any serious oomph behind them.

"Flare Blitz!" Alex called. Aedus leapt high into the air, a ball of fire forming around him as he did so before he exploded forth covered in a glowing and intense red-orange flame like a missile. Aedus powered straight through the Fire Pledge/Hidden Power combination with ease, boosted by his earlier Swords Dance and slammed with an explosion of smoke and flames into Ferno. When the smoke cleared Aedus, wincing slightly at the orange sparks of recoil damage, stood over the fainted form of Ferno.

"Return" said David, finally seeming to calm down, his mouth agape "are you sure that you're a coordinator with a strategy like that?"
"I used to do gym battles and leagues for several years before I switched to contests." Explained Alex "You have really good combinations, they look good and they're well planned – excellent for contest battles or appeals but without some power behind them they're not going to be very useful against hardened league pokemon like Aedus. You've got a real shot in contests, but a bit of strength and endurance training wouldn't hurt I'd say."

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2023
Emerald looked up at the sky as cloud gently rolled by with the breeze. He was laying down on the roof of a house in Slateport. Emerald loved it but the folks who lived in those house usually arent pleased, especially when he starts jumping from roof to roof. It was a favorite past-time of his shared by his Duskull who was staying with his father. Emerald's father, Norman, was a Gym Leader who specialized in using Normal type Pokémon. Emerald had been sitting on his roof one night when Duskull floated up toward him. Most people and Pokémon were scared of Duskull and he wanted some companionship, which Emerald provided. From that day on Duskull had joined Emerald's small group of friends. When Emerald set out on his first adventure, Duskull had gone with him. When Emerald returned home his father asked if he could borrow Duskull for a while, for the purpose of learning how to use different Pokémon. In return Norman gave Emerald a Slakoth.
Duskull was an odd one. Emerald had always enjoyed his midday naps on the roof but Duskull was the one who got him running and jumping all over the place. He would float to another building, encouraging Emerald to follow.

Emerald smiled at the memories. He would most definitely be grtting his Dusky back.

"What on earth are you doing up there?!" yelled a voice from below.

Emerald peered over the edge and saw his childhood friend, Sapphire, staring up at him.
"You know exactly what Im doing" he replied.

"Let me rephrase the question. ARE YOU NUTS?!"

She would never understand. Sapphire was the daughter of Professor Birch who lived next door to Emerald. Emerald had moved to Littleroot Town when he was four and had spent lots of time helping the Professor with his errands. Sapphire had a huge crush on Emerald when she first me him. Emerald was quite oblivious of it until recently. His travels throught the Pokémon world had taken the boy and made him a man, albeit rather young.

"Why dont you come up and join me?" He relished in glee and he taunted her.

"No freaking waaaaa..." She started to yell as Espeon's Psychic brought her up.

Sapphire wacked Emerald with a book for every word," Are (wack) YOU (wack) INSANE (wack)??"

Instead of responding to her question he rubbed his head and gestured to the city below. "Its a nice view,"

She glared at him.

The silence was getting unbearable so Emerald posed a question.
"So what are you doing in Slateport?"

"Im here to watch the Grand Festival dumquat, what else,"

Why are all the women I know scary? he pondered but he continued talking because if he didnt she would probably hit him for something, although talking seemed to get him in more trouble.

"Well some people might be competing, ya know,"

"Really?" She said, "Why didnt you tell me?"

"Sorry, its not like I planned to enter it just so happened that I qualify so I did,"

"Ooo, show me some of your combinations," It was more of a command than a question.

Emerald pointed downwards," I want to watch this battle first,"

A large Chesnaught stood of front of his trainer and on the other side of the area a trainer was arguing with her Castform. The trainer gave up the argument and the Castform took its place against the Chesnaught.

Sapphire impatiently turned her head towards Emerald.

He smiled ,"Cant wait ten minutes can you?"

She tugged his arm, " Pleeeeaaasse?"

Emerald jumped down to the ground and held his arms out. "Ill catch you"

"I swear to Jirachi, If you dont catch me..."

"Dont worry, I got this"

She jumped and landed in Emerald's arms. He set her down as his Pokémon leaped down. He took her to the backdoor of the Contest Hall. The front of the Hall was filled with people registering but the stage was empty and quiet. He hopped up on stage with Espeon and Lotad. Sapphire went on the other side with Glaceon and Munchlax.

"Lotad Surf!" Lotad jumped up and summoned a huge wall of water that came crashing down.

"Espeon use Psychic on the water!" The wave separated into thousands of little droplets of water which floated in the air.
"Now use Morning Sun!" "Lotad, use Leech seed on Munchlax!"

The seeds flew through the air and landed on Munchlax's head. Vines creeped downward. As Espeon used Morning Sun, the water started raining down. The seeds had water and light from Espeon. Had Espeon used Sunny Day the water would have evaporated. The vines grew faster than ever and entombed the Munchlax ( who was trying to eat the vines ).

"Espeon control the growth!"

Using Psychic, Espeon molded the rapid vine growth into a shape creating a large leafy statue of Emerald. Munchlax was knocked out instantly.

Sapphire recalled her Pokémon. "Very Impressive."

"I take it youll be rooting for me?" He asked as he rubbed Espeon's head.

"We'll see"

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Sunny Days+Knock Outs

Cabbage grunts as the battle begins. Great, so now what? Sunny day will change Castform's type but will also guarantee five turns of survival. I don't know what comes after that.

"Alright Castform! Use Sunny Day!"

Castform made the sky shine a bright and blinding light. Chesnuaght recoiled for a second but then regained his focus. Natalie smiled.

"Now then Chesnuaght, use Stealth Rock!"

Uh oh, though Cabbage. Definitely not good. Blaziken would have already taken him out by now... Castform looked cheerful dancing in its now form of a sun blob. She twirled around and cried happily.

"Castform, use Weather Ball on the rocks!"

Castform nodded and released a ball at the rocks. Eventually they lighted up like coal. Natalie observed as Cabbage said her commands in dread.

"Confidence Cabbage. Now Chesnuaght, use Hammer Arm on the ground!"

As Chesnuaght crashed his arm on the pavement, a huge crack kept opening, straight at the rocks. Cabbage looked a bit panicked but then regained herself.

"Castform! Use your Fire Blast at the rocks!"

The rocks began to move and with the help of Hammer Arm, the flaming rocks hit Chesnuaght, leaving him with a bad burn.

"Finish it off with Weather Ball!" Cabbage yelled at the top of lungs, "Now!"

Cabbage struck the attack directly at him.

"Hammer Arm Chesnuaght!"

With that, he deflected the ball even though it burned, and tossed it towards Castform.

Cabbage watched as her friend was hit with her attack. Castform was easily thrown to the ground.

"Cabbage, you need a lot to learn. Now end this fight with Sky Uppercut!"

Chesnuaght ran to Castform and hit her. She was lying down, unable to continue more. An instinct inside of Cabbage told her to run and pick up Castform, but all she did was return her dead Castform to the ball.

"Thanks Natalie. Now I know to never use Castform in coordinating. Excuse me if you must, but I need to further train Blaziken."

With that, Cabbage walked away. It seem liked forever when she finally turned right towards the center. There are an awful lot of people here, probably for the contest, Cabbage thought. She went up to the nurse and handed her pokemon.

"Would you like me to heal your pokemon?"

"Sure miss. Thanks."

The nurse nodded and handed her pokemon back.

"All done! Enjoy your stay at Slateport City!

I'll try to, Cabbage thought. She turned around and headed outside the door. Might as well check out the Contest Hall. The beach was too crowded anyway, Cabbage thought. She grabbed on to a pokeball.

"Castform, get out now."

Castform appeared, looking very cross at Cabbage. She kept giving looks to her as they emerged the Contest Hall.

"Don't give me that look. Your fault you lost Castform."

Cabbage opened the door and walked in.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

Maria Consolacion Vivides Sarini

Beach Battle Part 1

#TeamSolaceSarini
Bellossom ★ Braixen ★ Milotic

I was going to return Bellossom back in its ball after strolling around in the beach, when I heard someone saying something.

"Duuuuude, look at that puny Bellossom! If I were to battle it, I'm pretty sure it will get crushed." A surfer dude said to his buddy, while chuckling.

I returned Bellossom back into its ball and well, let's just say I went up to his face, and all hell broke loose.

"What the hell is wrong with you gurl?" The surfer dude said while holding his broken nose.

"Don't EVER talk smack about my Pokemon, or any other Pokemon for that matter. You don't know their potential!" I said angrily. I'm pretty sure smoke was coming out of my ears by that time.

"Heh, wanna bet? If I win, you've got to give me some cash for my broken nose, and say that you're weak and pathetic." He said with a smug smile along with it.

I shouldn't be even talking to this guy, but my anger and pride let cloud my judgement.

"Sure, but if I win, you have to say sorry to my Bellossom, and don't talk smack to any Pokemon, ever." I said. I need to win this, not because of the humiliation if I lose, but I wanted to prove something.

"One versus one? Your Bellossom, against my strongest Pokemon?" The dude suggested.

"Sure, why not." I replied. I tried to calm down but I just can't. Besides, Bellossom is my strongest Pokemon. I know she can do it.

We situated ourselves on one part of the beach, with the dude's friend acting as the referee.

I took out my Pokeball and threw it up in the air.

"Let's go, Bellossom!" I said enthusiastically. The Pokeball opened and it released Bellossom, cute as ever.

"Bellossom, Let's bring out our A-Game, kay!" I shouted.

"Bella Bell!" she said, ready for action.

The surfer dude brought out his Pokeball, and threw it up in the air.

"Let's go Houndoom!" He said.

The Pokeball opened and it released a ferocious Houndoom, ready to rumble.

"Remember Houndoom, play fair!" he said slyly.

"Houndoom Hound!" the Houndoom shouted.

"Ready, Begin!" his friend shouted, signaling the start of the battle.

"Houndoom, use Flamethrower!" he said. Houndoom released a searing flamethrower, coming straight for Bellossom.

"Bellossom, dodge it and use Attract." I said. Bellossom nearly dodged that attack, but she got slightly hit on the arm, she didn't looked fazed when she used Attract on the Houndoom.

Apparently it worked, as Houndoom gone gaga over Bellossom, which now I think about it is kinda gross.

"Come on Houndoom, snap out of it and use Bite." the surfer dude said, but Houndoom can't keep his eyes off Bellossom.

"Now's your chance Bellossom, use Dazzling Gleam and Petal Dance!" I said.

Bellossom twirled herself, creating petals around her, and shot it straight at Houndoom, followed by a gleam of light which hopes to blind Houndoom on the oncoming Petal Dance.

Both of the attacks landed straight on Houndoom, and it seemed to do a large damage on him. He's not yet out but atleast you have the upperhand on this one.

Unfortunately, you spoke too soon as Houndoom got over his crazy obsession with Bellossom, and got up.

"Hehe, Use Fire Blast Houndoom! Show the ladies how it's done!" The surfer dude chuckled.

The Houndoom shot a powerful flamethrower that soon became a shape of some ancient language, that probably means fire.

"BELLOSSOM, DODGE!" I quickly reacted, but it was too late. The attack landed straight on Bellossom, and it received a lot of damaged. On top of that, she looked as if she's burned. This is not looking good for me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed - Pokemon Center

Dallas walked to the pokemon center. It felt like it was 0 Degrees in the pokemon center after being down at the beach for so long, not to mention he was sun burnt, but it didn't bother him that much. The girl named, Ally was following him to the counter as he got his pokemon healed and then went over to a table and pulled out a chair for the girl.

"Thank you." Ally chirped.

Dallas took a look at his C Gear on his arm. The first round of the contest would be very soon. He thought.

"You were amazing! Are you entering the festival?" Ally asked, no longer turning reed from talking to him.

He looked up into her eyes, and couldn't help, but think they were beautiful. Then he noticed that she looked familiar.

"Yes I am and thank you. And to be honest.... you look really familiar." Dallas reported.

"Oh... so you don't remember me after all..." Ally's face looked down in defeat.

Dallas quickly tried to think of something to say, "Oh... Uh... I am really sorry Ally. I have been to many places. So I can't remember right away." He continued to look at her.

She looked back up, he could see sadness in her eyes, but she hid it well.

"I guess it has been a while. We were friends back in the Kalos Region." She tried to smile.

It hit him as she said that. Instantly he remembered her. Heck, he even had a crush on her back in Kalos when they were little kids. He didn't forget her, she had just changed so much.

"Ally!! Oh my god! I am sorry! I didn't forget about you, you have just changed so much..." His face turned red. He didn't lie, she was even more beautiful then he remembered.

Dallas instantly seen her face light up in happiness.

"So you do remember, Dali! And yeah... a lot can change in so many years." Ally announced, using a name Dallas hadn't heard in forever.

"How could I forget the girl I had a- never mind. Why did you tell me your name if you remembered me?" Dallas asked.

"Well... I didn't want to be a freakish girl and just ask to hang out... Not to mention you asked!" She cried and then started laughing.

Dallas laughed as well, " It is really good to see you again miss Allycat."

She turned red as he used her nickname he had given her.

"I really missed you Dali. I wanted to travel together, but you left before I could ask. Then after that, I couldn't find you..." Ally reported, looking down again, as if nervous.

Dallas got up and went over to her seat and squatted down beside her, "Well you finally found me. It gets kinda boring to travel alone, so how about he travel together after this contest. I plan to return to Kanto then head to Johto." He smiled.

She looked over at him and gave him a hug, "That would be awesome! But can we get something to eat first... I am kinda hungry." She smiled with a massive grin as her stomach roared in hunger.

Dallas smiled and returned to his seat and they ordered some food. He looked at the clock on the wall. Only a few hours left.... Why am I so nervous now? He wondered.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Mason Kastell
The Hoenn Grand Registration

froslass.gif
Froslass Cursed Body Double Team, Captivate, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind
milotic.gif
Milotic Cute Charm Aqua Ring, Aqua Tail, Attract, Twister
leafeon.gif
Leafeon Leaf Guard Helping Hand, Grass Whistle, Syntheis, Leaf Blade
Leafeon Leaf Guard Helping Hand, Grass Whistle, Syntheis, Leaf Blade

"Hello Slateport!" Mason called as he jumped off the ship, his Froslass slowly following after. Mason released his other two Pokémon, watching as his Milotic and Leafeon materialized in front of him. Leafeon jumped up and started running around.

Mason began to pet his Leafeon. "I know you're excited." he said. "But the Hoenn Grand festival is important. There are a ton of people here. I don't want you knocking anybody over. Calm down." Mason shuddered, remembering how Leafeon had knocked over one of the Contest judges in one of his first Contests.

Froslass hovered over to Milotic and waved his arm in the direction of the Pokémon Center to get Mason's attention. He soon looked up and noticed his Froslass.

"Oh, right! We need to register!" Mason called out. The Coordinator and his three Pokémon weaved through the crowd, and after two people got knocked over, one Pokémon was recalled. Mason, Froslass, and Milotic soon reached the Pokémon center, and quickly registered for the Festival, as well as rented a room.

Mason and his Pokémon headed to their room. It wasn't much, just a bunk bed, a desk, a chair, a television, and a lamp. But it was clean at least.

Now the question was, what to do until the festival began?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Retreat To The Dorm

As a very angry Castform and a very annoyed Cabbage walked in, she smacked herself on the forehead. Not her again, Cabbage thought. Just great. Cabbage saw Emerald showing off his pokemon to the girl she knew as Sapphire. Cabbage could still remember that time...

Cabbage had been brutally training Combuskin when she saw Emerald pass by. The same old thing happened: Cabbage challenging Emerald to a battle. Sadly this is where her losing streak started to him. Then as she was beaten up by his newly evolved Espeon. That's when Cabbage left and went back to the Cycling bridge when she stumbled upon a girl. Of course Cabbage couldn't resist a battle and quickly used max revives on her pokemon. Then she faced her off and beaten her badly. Then she introduced herself as Sapphire and mumbled:

"I'll never be good enough for Emerald..."

Then Cabbage started to laugh.

"You mean that Emerald! You gotta be kidding me."

At first Cabbage meant for that to be mockery, but she couldn't help herself.

"If you battle like this, there's no way you'll beat him! Sucker!"

With that, she pushed Sapphire to the nearby lake over the fence. Then she told Castform to Rain Dance on her. Cabbage laughed and ever since then, she was her fourth or fifth sworn enemy.

Cabbage pushed away the memory and got out of there. Then she decided to walk towards the pokemon center and head to her dorm. Based on her skills, she's just probably here to cheer on Emerald. Too bad she'll see him lose. With that, both walked to the dorms but Cabbage took the time to call Reina on her Pokenav.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Melisande Blythe— Slateport City

It was that saltiness—that familiar saltiness in the air—that had called to mind all of the experiences, all of the memories both good and bad and best of all, all of the challenges that Melisande had faced and encountered when she had last visited the Hoenn region. In a way, that pungency had described her. She was feisty—and she wasn't afraid to concede that much. It was that "saltiness," that typical ferocity that she possessed that portrayed her as this "lioness" that people had come to know. The challenges and the endeavors that she had taken on over the years and over her time in the Hoeen region were met head on—and without hesitation. It was that saltiness, that pungency in the air that evoked the nostalgia she had felt and was still feeling. She was the same way when it came to Pokémon contests of course. She believed that in a way pulling any punches was a berating gesture—that by doing just that, she had berated her opponent. That she had exercised superiority over them. One's tenure didn't particularly matter as much when it came to Melisande. Novice or otherwise, she would always put forth her best effort, and gave no less than her absolute best. To her, giving it one's all was an indication—a genuine indication—of one's respect, especially when it came to battling. It was a gesture, a quiet one in which demonstrated the degree of seriousness that the both combatants had held to battling one another. Melisande couldn't exactly further explain what she had meant—and the puzzled expressions of the ones she had talked to about the her whole "giving it your all" philosophy were a testament of that—but regardless of their puzzled faces, it was that "giving it your all" that had never failed to kindle her excitement for battling and for Pokémon in general.

Breathing in that saltiness called to mind a multitude of things, many of which weren't particularly awful. It was that multitude of things that brought about that smile—that big, bright smile that had dominated most of Melisande's face. She couldn't believe it herself. She couldn't believe that such simple things had made her smile a smile that was bigger than any other. Her smile looked funny, and looking at the mirror, she had realized just that. She didn't particularly care what her smile had made her look like. Whether she had looked like "bigfoot" or "sasquatch," she didn't care much, so long as she was happy, which at the moment, she was.

"Whatcha' smiling about there, Melisande? You look unusually happy today." She had almost fallen out of her chair, surprised, when she had heard this. It was Maya, and it didn't take a single glance for Melisande to know; they were the closest of friends after all. It was that crescendo in her voice, that note of glee that gave her away. "Don't do that, Maya. Coming out of the blue like that… that's annoying." Melisande let her irritation slip out more than she had intended to and Maya reacted in kind. It wasn't in Maya's nature to fire back, and Melisande knew that. It was that distressed expression that indicated to her that she had let her annoyance get the best of her. "S-s- sorry. I didn't mean to get angry like that."

Thankfully though, Maya had taken to it fairly good-naturedly. She had even smiled and said that she was going to let it slide this time. "You can be so bipolar sometimes Melisande. First you're all happy, and now you're all grumpy. Can't you at least be a little less picky with your emotions?" There was a mixture of both light- heartedness and a bit of sarcasm in Maya's voice that had made her smile again. She had missed that. Maya had traveled to the Orre region awhile back, and for several months, Melisande hadn't seen or heard from her at all. Except in those hilarious letters they had written back and forth. "Snail mail" as people had called it, lived up to its reputation quite well—not that that was a good thing either.

"So, how was the Orre region? Was it really all that it was cracked up to be?" Melisande couldn't think of much else to talk about. So, in a desperate attempt to start a conversation, she had asked Maya how her little "trip" had went. From what little things she had said, it went particularly well. Then, things took a turn for the insane. She had gotten into this crazy babbling about demons and demonic presences that Melisande had almost—but thankfully hadn't—questioned her sanity. Not that she didn't mind insanity, but because it was unusually—not to mention eerily—uncharacteristic of her. The conversation went on quite smoothly after that little caveat. Aside from Maya's "uncharacteristic display of insanity," which Melisande had hilariously referred to it as, it wasn't their little chat that she was particularly worried about. Having virtually no way to tell time was what worried her. She had not clue if the contest hall had still accepted registrations or if they were still accepting registrations for that matter. With an enormous amount of hustle in her step, she had rushed to the contest hall quickly, before momentarily forgetting that she had been recently and still was in a conversation with Maya and that what she had done was rude.

"Hey Maya," she shouted at the top of her lungs, "I gotta head over to the contest hall real quick, okay?" Maya smiled and simply nodded. Sometime passed and after some extensive cardio, inadvertent pushing and shoving, and hearing the frequent yelling of "Hey! Watch where you're going!" she had made her way back to Maya with several rivulets of sweat running down the side of her face. Maya on the other hand, couldn't help but laugh at how miserable she had looked. After giving off a few icy glares and sneering, and upon coming to the conclusion of how infectious Maya's laugh was, Melisande couldn't help but chime in her friend's laughter and eventual bantering as well. Once finished with the laughter- induced wheezing and coughing that followed, which was an unpleasant feeling, she had come to that realization that today was surely going to be great day, bar the painful seconds that the "wheezing and coughing" had consumed.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2023
He was feeling good. After Sapphire left, probably to call Professor Birch, Emerald practiced some more combinations. Lileep and Lotad were working hard. Emerald wanted to try some new combination moves that didn't heavily rely on Espeon.

Lapras and Slakoth were on the far side of the stage, each using Sing and Yawn respectively, trying to keep the other asleep. Naturally Lapras won, as Slakoth couldn't stay awake for more than ten minutes. Emerald recalled the two Pokémon to their Poké Balls and the rest of his Pokémon followed him. He suddenly noticed a slight weight on the top of his head.

"Lotad, Lo!" The water weed Pokémon had hopped on top of Emerald's head.

"At least I wont ever have to spend money on a hat, huh Lotad?"

"Lotad, Lo!"

As he exited the Contest Hall he caught a glimpse of Cabbage as she hurriedly walked towards the Pokémon Center. Emerald shuddered. He remembered a time when Sapphire had called his PokéNav telling him about someone with a Castform pushing her off of a bridge. The reception wasn't very good and it sounded as if it was raining on the other end.

Violent acts aside, Emerald needed to figure out where to sleep for the night. He loved the outdoors but this wasn't Fortree City so Emerald had to compromise. It suddenly dawned on him.

I know the perfect place, just north of Slateport on Route 110! he thought.

"Come on out, Lapras."

The Pokémon tried to roar but her cry was too cute to scare anyone.

Emerald surfed underneath the Cycling Road until he found it. A secret base he created in a tree next to "New Mauville". He hopped onto the small piece of land and turned to his Lapras.

"Do you wanna stay out here of return to your Poké Ball?"

Lapras lowered her head and nudged the Poké Ball on Emerald's belt, returning her inside.

Emerald turned around and started to climb the tree, searching for the entrance. He soon found it and climbed in. It was quite roomy inside and still had his sleeping bag right where he left it. Emerald tucked himself in. And his Pokémon surronded him. Lileep and Lotad climbed atop a small table near Emerald. Espeon snuggled close by him and Growlithe was trying to let as close to Espeon as possible. Slakoth had fallen asleep hours earlier and was still inside Emerald's backpack.

Tomorrow is gonna be great day.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed - Pokemon Center Guest Room and Contest Hall.

Dallas and Ally had finished eating. Dallas invited her to his room that he had gotten for the next few days. In it was a bed and a desk. There was also a TV. He was tired, but he knew there was no time for that. He put his pokeballs in capsules and put seals on them. On his Talonflame's ball, he had a Fire Seal D and B and a Star Seal F. This would create a geyser of yellow stars that turn blue as they fall and a burst of red and blue fire. He had not yet decided on what to put on his Gardevoir's and Empoleon's capsules.

"What do those do?" Ally asked.

"They make a special effect depending on the type of stars you use. You will be able to see it soon." Dallas said.

"What will you do if you don't go through to the 2nd round?" Ally asked.

"If I don't, the I plan to stay here to see who wins. But I do not plan on losing." Dallas said.

Dallas put his pokeballs back in his back and took of his shirt he had on. He soaked it with water from the tub and started to wipe his back, chest, arms and legs form any sand that may still be on him. He then tried with a towel and went into the bathroom to change. He finished and came back out. Unlike most, he did not dress up all fancy to be in contests. He wore a black leather jacket, navy blue jeans and an orange caviler hat with a black feather. Under his leather jacket, was a nice orange polo to match his hat. He quickly replaced his C Gear on his wrist with something different, something he was sure not many had yet seen and wanted to use it in his contest. There was no rules against it, but he hid it with his sleeve. He wore some nice black tennis shoes, you couldn't tell they were tennis shoes unless you were right up on him.

"Wow... I don't think you have ever looked that good." Ally said, then quickly covered her mouth as her face started to get red.

Dallas smiled, "I better head out, it is nearly time for the contest. Will you come?"

"Of course. I want to see you win it all!!" Ally said.

Dallas nodded and he put his bag on his shoulders. He put Gardevoir, Talonflame, Empoleon, Pikachu, Skiddo, and Meowstic on his belt and organized his bag. They left the Poke Center and headed toward the Contest Hall. As he entered, his nerves became overwhelming and he started to shake slightly. It stopped when Ally grabbed his hand.

"Relax. Even if you don't win, there will be plenty of other contests and festivals. There is no difference between those and this. Well there is one, and that is me. I am here. I will be cheering for you." Ally said.

Dallas smiled, "I know. Can you hold the rest of my pokemon for me? Froakie and Eevee will probably come out, but don't worry. They will not go anywhere, they just want to watch me." He said as he took his bag off his shoulders.

"Sure. No need to worry. I will hold them for you. Just do your best! You can do this!" Ally said.

Dallas nodded. He fixed his jacket and hat and walked to double check to see if he was registered and he was. He then went to the waiting room to wait for the Grand Festival to start. His nerves were slowly disappearing. He put some money in a machine to get him a bottle of water and then went to sit down and collect his thoughts and to go over the plan, he had made, in his head. He got inspiration from the Top Coordinators he knew from the past years. Now it was time for him to become the Top Coordinator.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

Maria Consolacion Vivides Sarini

Beach Battle Part 2

#TeamSolaceSarini
Bellossom ★ Braixen ★ Milotic

Bellossom looked very weak right now. It feels like all hope was lost to be quite honest. There is still another way, but it's a suicide mission. But, what else is there?

"Bellossom, Use Sunny Day!" I commanded.

Bellossom then proceeded to make the sun shine brighter, atleast it looks in our battle.

"Ha, you're crazy, gurl! You know that's just gonna make Houndoom's fire attacks stronger?" The dude said, while laughing heartily.

"HOUNDOOM, USE OVERHEAT!" He commanded. Just as I thought. Houndoom released a more powerful flamethrower that is sure to defeat Bellossom.

I smirked a little. "Bellossom, dodge it!" I simply said. Bellossom quickly reacted and was on the other side of the attack, just behind Houndoom.

"WHAT! HOW COULD IT BE?" The surfer dude gasped in horror, as Bellossom was wicked fast.

"Bellossom has Chlorophyll as it's ability, therefore she is faster under sunny weather." I said to the flabbergasted surfer dude.

"Bellossom, use the Dazzling Dance Combo at pointblank!" I quickly commanded her. Bellossom was dodging every flamethrower that Houndoom was throwing and when she had a clear shot, she went behind Houndoom, and unleashed the Petal Dance plus Dazzling Gleam attack combo. Since Houndoom was weak already from the earlier Overheat attack, and receiving the bulk of the attack, Houndoom was sent flying and landed near the surfer dude, swirlies on its eyes.

"Houndoom has fainted! Bellossom wins the battle!" His friend said.

"Woohoo, way to go Bellossom!" I said to Bellossom.

"Bella bell..." She cheered before she finally collapsed.

"Oh no, return, Bellossom!" I pulled out Bellossom's Pokeball out and returned her, with the white beam engulfing her.

I quickly ran to the Pokemon Center, leaving the rude surfer dude and his friend.

I arrived to the Pokemon Center and asked Nurse Joy to heal her. As I was waiting for my Pokemon, someone called my attention. It was the surfer dude.

"Look, I'm sorry! I admit, your Bellossom was strong and you were actually good out there. I promise I won't belittle other Pokemon from now on." he apologized.

I was still skeptic about it but I accepted his apology nonetheless.

"Well, okay. I accept your apology. Anyways, what's your name? I'm Solace!" I said while handing out my hand.

"I'm Brett! Nice to meet you, Solace." he held my hand and we shook, signaling a brand new friendship.

Nurse Joy called me and brought back Bellossom. The sun was setting, so I bid farewell to Brett and his friend and proceeded to my room, to sleep.

Back