• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Grand Festival [CLOSING SOON] ✮ IC Thread

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

the PokéCommunity & Roleplay Corner present:

Hoenn Grand Festival

Appeals Round
Time Span: One Week (real-time)
Number of Pokemon: 1
Number of Posts: Only one is necessary, as with battles using more than one post will not win extra points.
Order: I don't mind which order you post in - just make sure not to contradict one another.
Frequently Asked Questions - OOC Thread

SET-UP: An announcement has gone out across the city - all contestants of the Grand Festival should report to the Contest Hall. On arriving, talk to the receptionist and get in line - when they're ready the judges will call your name and you'll be asked to enter the stage.

REMEMBER: The key to a successful appeal is using your moves in a unique and elegant way, even attempting to combine them.

ARENA: The stage is similar to a battlefield, with markings on the ground - to the side of this area are three desks, where the judges sit. The judges in attendance are Slateport City's Nurse Joy, Fantina of Sinnoh and Robert - a previous winner. Judges often whisper to each other, but other than calling/dismissing your character will not talk - casually or praise. This ensures you aren't scoring yourself!

25kssjq.jpg
Nurse Joy and Fantina at the Judging Desk

RULES: During the appeal display, select one of the pokemon listed in your sign up. This information must match or you will not be awarded points. For making an appeal post, and displaying your pokemon, you will receive 10 points. I will then award you 1-10 marks depending on originality, imagination and the clarity of your post. Results (scorings/comments) will be posted shortly after the appeals section finishes on Friday 15th August.

Please note, aside from the appeals you can continue with exploring, battling casually, etc.​

Please give your post a title so it is easily recognisable as your appeal post.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
At Them Blaziken!
The Adventures of Cabbage

As Cabbage finished the conversation on the Pokenav from last night, she went straight into her dorm and slept. The next morning she woke up to the announcements. That's right, the contest, thought Cabbage.

"Get up you sleepy head."

Castform woke up, not happy nor angry at seeing Cabbage. At least she's not that angry at me. Castform and Cabbage went outside and came across a sea of people. Luckily they all pass by pushing their way through the Contest Hall building.

"I'm not putting you first this round Castform. I'm saving you for later."

Castform nodded without an argument. Cabbage proceeded inside and went up to the clerk.

"Oh, so you're here to participate? Okay, I need an ID."

Cabbage nodded as she took out her trainer card. The clerk took a look at it, scanned it, typed some words on the computer, and handed the card back to Cabbage.

"Thank you Cabbage. Your registration is complete. Please step right up or you want to change first?"

Cabbage smiled.

"I think I'll change first."

Cabbage went to the dressing room and traded her shirt and jeans for a black dress. Reina did say that this brings color to my hazel eyes, Cabbage thought. She smiled at the memory of them two shopping. It has never been the same ever since Reina moved to Sinnoh. Cabbage sighed. At least she promised to watch the contest by television. She then combed her brown hair and tied a black ribbon to make a ponytail. Then she put on her black heels and finally put on jade colored earrings. She then pulled out a soft sea green ribbon for Castform.

"You need to look your best out there Castform."

Castform smiled and cried in glee as she look herself on the mirror. Cabbage motioned to a dark green bracelet. Cabbage rolled her eyes as she put it on.

"Let's get going!"

Cabbage exited the changing rooms and walked up to the reception desk.

"I'm ready now."

"Okay. Step right up this way," the clerk said with a smile.

Cabbage's heart was pounding. Here we go. Soon Cabbage was inside and took her place as she observed the judges. Like always, Nurse Joy was there, this time, the second judge was Fantina, the gym leader from Sinnoh. Lastly was the previous winner of this festival, Robert. Castform slowly cried and gave Cabbage a sympathetic look. Soon she was in line, awaiting for the others ahead to appeal. As Cabbage stood there, she watched as trainers appealed. She felt sorry for a girl that tripped over while entering.

"Next participant: Cabbage Evergreen! Please step right up."

Great. Cabbage gulped. Here goes nothing. Castform stayed behind and watched her trainer at the sidelines appeal. Cabbage walked up and had her pokeball in her hand. As soon as she was at the center, she released her pokeball.

"At them Blaziken!"

Blaziken appeared in front of everyone, looking cool.

"Blaziken, Overheat!"

All of a sudden, a bright orange light surrounded Blaziken and fire was shooting out from him.

"Now use Fire Blast upwards!"

Blaziken jumped and swerved as he released his move above.

"Now use Sky Uppercut on the Fire Blast!"

With that, Blaziken ran and jumped using a somersault and his fists shot fire as he attacked the Fire Blast. Then the attack made fire fly everywhere, and Blaziken landed down on the ground. The fire was turning into orange fireworks and then created a wall of fire around him.

"Blaziken, charge at the fire!"

With that, Blaziken ran through the fire wall and put it out. Then he himself was engulfed by fire. Cabbage just hoped this performance was enough to move to the next round.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2023
Espeon, I choose you!
Appeal #1
Emerald had enjoyed a great nights sleep in his secret base. He climbed out and stretched, enjoying the mixture of scents. The ocean breeze was distant but noticeable while the strong smell of pine trees washed over him. The short trip to Slateport seemed to last longer than ever as Emerald was eager to get to the Festival.

Walking through Slateport, Emerald proceeded straight to the Contest Hall. He had arrived somewhat early as a majority of the trainers and coordinators participating hadn't arrived yet.

He pulled open the glass doors allowing Espeon to walk ahead of him. A clerk sitting a desk looked up at the two figures.

"Hello, will you be participating today?
If you haven't registered yet I'll need to see your ribbons and trainer card. If you have I'll just need to see your trainer card for a couple of seconds."

"Already registered." he replied, as he handed over his trainer card.

"All done, and good luck." She smiled at Emerald.

"Thanks"

Having already signed up, Emerald was able to proceed backstage to the dressing room without waiting. Emerald didn't believe in decorating Pokemon to make them look nicer or placing seals on the Poke Balls to impress. He simply put faith in his Espeon's skills and if the audience didn't approve so be it. Dressed in his cameo trousers the forest green jacket he always had with him, he proceeded to the stage.

Cabbage and her Blaziken had just finished their appeal. Impressed but still quite confident Emerald prepared to walk on stage with Espeon walking back and forth between his legs. Other trainers lined up behind him with their Pokemon, however some were quite nervous.

"Next Participant : Emerald Constantine , You're up!"

As Emerald walked up on stage, Espeon proudly on his left, he looked at the three judges. First was the Nurse Joy of the city, a customary tradition. The second was Fantina. Fantina, the Hearthrome Gym Leader, specialized in using Ghost type Pokemon. Emerald had defeated her with his Duskull a while back when he traveled the Sinnoh region. He still kept in touch with her as his dad was constantly looked for advice about Ghost Pokemon. The third judge was the previous Grand Festival winner, but Emerald couldn't remember his name.

Upon arriving at the center of the stage, Emerald took a brief glimpse of the crowd and saw Sapphire standing in the front waving.

Now I have to win.

"Espeon, I choose you!!" he yelled at the top of his voice.

Espeon ran up from behind and leaped, using Emerald's head as a springboard and flew into the air, spinning as she went higher.

"Espeon Shadow Ball!"

Espeon, still spinning in midair but starting to descend, started to summon a dark ball of energy. The ball followed Espeon's head as she spun.

"Now use Psychic and coat yourself with the ball!"

Using her Psychic, Espeon spread the now finished Shadow Ball all over her body, creating a pulsating grey suit of armor with a pink aura. She moved herslef in front of Emerald, front paws landing first as she gracefully landed.

"Morning Sun!" Emerald spread his arms wide as he said this. Rays of golden light started to break through the Shadow Armour and it eventually exploded outward, launching small blobs of greyish pink darkness though out the stage. It seemed to almost rain shadows.

Appeal finished, Emerald bent down, rubbed Espeon's head, then picked her up and placed her precariously on his shoulder and walked down, allowing the next contestant to proceed.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
The Crazy Hangout

As soon as Cabbage returned Blaziken and exited the platform, another trainer took her place and preformed. As she walked to the backstages, Emerald was waiting in line. Like every contest Cabbage comes across with him, she see his forest green jacket on him. Cabbage faces the crowd and sees Sapphire there, giving her a smug look. I'd take it as a compliment,Cabbage thought. As the next five trainers or so preformed, they were speaking very nervously.

"And knowing Emerald, this gives him an advantage over them losers," Cabbage whispered to Castform as soon as she found her partner.

Then from the screens, Cabbage saw Emerald pick out Espeon. Can't say I'm surprised, Cabbage thought. Then as he gave his commands, Espeon appealed pretty good. Cabbage smirked.

"Don't worry Castform. We'll make it. And depending how this this goes, I'm so using you."

Castform cheered in glee. Cabbage tried seeing the judges' reaction to the appeal but all they were doing was whispering. They're good at revealing nothing. Smart. Then Emerald left, carrying his Espeon with him. An alright appeal, but not enough to scare Cabbage. Then it was the next trainer's turn and Cabbage walked off.

"Will it be alright to congratulate him?"

Castform gave her a quizzical look while Cabbage smiled.

"You know we're going to win in the end, plus, it's kinda sad to see him using his best pokemon first."

Castform agreed and she tracked Emerald down. From behind him, Cabbage spoke.

"I really didn't expect that kind of appeal from you. But good job by the way. Hopefully I'm the one that kicks you out the next round."

She smirked behind him.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2023
Emerald was walking away when Cabbage spoke from behind him.

"I really didn't expect that kind of appeal from you. But good job by the way. Hopefully I'm the one that kicks you out the next round."

He stopped in his tracks. Emerald wasn't sure whether to take the bait and talk back or to ignore her. So far his speeches had gone through one ear and out the other but maybe one day it'll stick. Although based on past experience he would be a fool to try. Emerald was never the one to give up on someone but Cabbage was definitely pushing it.

"You can wipe that smirk off of your face, cause unless you start respecting your Pokemon more you wont be able to kick a out 5 year old. Power doesn't mean squat if you don't trust your Pokemon to use it themselves."

Emerald hating being rude but at this point anything nicer would just be wasted.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed - Appeal Post

Dallas leaned up against the wall behind the bench where he was sitting. He could sense overconfidence in some of the trainers. He watched the TV Screen that was in the corner of the room that showed all the appeals. He wondered why people were lining up when there was no real order to the whole thing and they just call you out.

"Dallas Reed, please report to the stage arena." The intercom rang.

Dallas took a deep breath and got to his feet. He walked toward the door, passing two trainers that sounded like they were argueing a bit. One was a female, one a male. He knew them by the names Cabbage and Emerald. Emerald had a Espeon and wore a green jacket and the girl was cabbage, with a Castform.

He fixed his hat and walked into the area. He could hear the crowd cheering. Some cheering his name, other cheering other names. The judges watched, as he stepped into the center of the stage. He looked around as all the people watched and cheered. He quickly found Ally, who was waving rapidly and yelling his name. Froakie was jumping up and down. He smiled and waved his right hand in the air. Then he blocked everything out.

Focus. He thought closing his eyes, and taking one more deep breath. Then opened his eyes, he dropped his hand to his waist and picked up Talonflame's pokeball and threw it in the air.

"Talonflame! Shine on!" Dallas cried.

Talonflame's pokeball exploded with a tornado of red and blue stars and flames. Talonflame shot out of the tornado and cawed.

"Alright! Talonflame use Tailwind!" Talonflame called a massive when that blew out behind it, sending the stars and flames over the crowd.

"Now! Cover you body in fire and use double team!"

Talonflame multiplied into ten other Talonflames with flaming bodies.

"Now use flame charge and fly in zigzag patterns and then a fast circles!"

Talonflame obeyed, creating a massive show of fire and then flying in circles, one higher than the next. Two Talonflame were hovering, one low, one high.

"Now!! Finish it off with a double Solarbeam and shot it through the flaming circles!" Dallas cried.

Talonflame quickly channeled a solar beam, and the two talonflame shot solarbeams toward one another, through the flaming halos made by the clones from double team. The solarbeam charged toward one another and met in the center and exploded with a beautiful orange, red and yellow light. Sending flames and solar energy fall out over the crowd.

"Now finish up with one more tailwind!!" Dallas cried.

Talonflame listened and a gust of wind from tail wind made light winds that glowed into stream of orange, yellow and red and finally subsided. Talonflame landed on the stage next to Dallas. Dallas smiled and raised his hand in the air and started waving. Talonflame followed, but with wings. Dallas could hear the crowd cheering loud. He walked out of the stage and back into the waiting room.

He took a seat where he was sitting and took a massive breath and then let it out slowly. He was positive he would make it to the next round.

"Great job Talonflame. You deserve a long rest." Dallas reported, petting Talonflame's head and then returning it.

Second later, Ally ran in and tackled him, knocking him from the bench. He fell on his back and Ally fell on top of him, elbowing him in the gut by accident.

"Ugh!" Dallas cried.

"Oh sorry!" Ally quickly got up, helping him up.

"Did you have to do that... I already feel sick." Dallas held his stomach where her elbow had went in.

"I am sorry! But you did awesome and I got excited! You will surely go on the the next round!" She yelled.

Froakie hopped around the corner and leaped on to him. Dallas got him in his arms and gave him a hug.

"Thanks Froakie and Ally. I do hope I did well." He said, holding Froakie in hi right arm, and taking Ally's hand in his left hand and sitting down on the bench with them. As he looked up at the screen. His nerves returning a little.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

Maria Consolacion Vivides Sarini

Majestic Freeze!
Appeals Post

#TeamSolaceSariniAppeals
Milotic ♀ ★ Marvel Scale

It was a few days after I battled Brett at the beach. Nothing much has happened to be honest. It is more on preparing for the Appeals Round. I decided to go with Milotic because she has the moves that can push me forward in the competition.

Before the day, I have already prepared my dress for the competition, which was a sky blue silk dress that showed off my figure well. It wasn't that fabulous, but it was cute nonetheless. I replaced the black ribbon on my sunhat with a sky blue silk ribbon instead. For shoes, I prepared my white heels which has blue accents on it. For jewelry, I decided to use my icicle shaped earrings and my sapphire necklace. If it wasn't obvious, I decided to go with an Ice Queen theme. I know the outfit you were doesn't really matter, but this is an official event. You have to look regal, or you'll just embarrass yourself. After I prepared my things for tomorrow, I went to sleep.

I woke up, feeling fresh as always. Today is the first day of Appeals Round. I am currently lined up for today, so I have to go to the hall right now to verify my presence. I took a shower, wore my Ice Queen outfit, arranged my hair in a frizzy curled state, took my essentials with me, and went outside.

The city was full of life. The fans of the Grand Festival lining up to the hall, coordinators getting ready for the appeals, tourists going here and there, and basically everyone is doing something to enjoy the festivities.

I arrived at the contest hall and went ahead to the reception desk. I registered for today's appeals, and went to the waiting room.

When I got there, there were coordinators who already gone through. I saw the appeals of a girl named Cabbage, a boy named Emerald, and a guy named Dallas. I couldn't believe how their combos were so good. My hands are feeling numb right now.

"Solace Sarini?" The stage manager asked everyone.

"Yes, that's me!" I said shakingly. God, I'm feeling so nervous.

"You are up for the next appeal." he said. Well, a better time than never. To be honest, I just hope I wouldn't fall flat on my face this round.

"For the next appeal, we have a familiar name in this year's contest circuit! She has done a well job with all of her contests, but it will be enough for her to get past the Appeals Round? All the way from Floaroma Town, Sinnoh, let's give a warm welcome and a merry applause to Maria Consolacion Vivides Sarini, also known in the circuit as Solace!" the announcer said. Judging by the crowd's reaction, they are going nuts! I'm pretty okay when it comes to cheers like that back in my other contests but considering this is my first festival, the fear overruled the feeling.

I walked up to the center of the stage and faced the three judges, which was Nurse Joy, Fantina, which I was really surprised, and the previous winner of the contest. I think it was Robbie? I don't remember.

I took a deep breath, and focused on today's appeal.

"Milotic, time for you to shine!" I called! I threw the Pokeball up in the air, and released a majestic looking Milotic, shining and sparkling in the light.

"Milotic Mii!!!" Milotic said as she landed on the stage.

"Milotic, use Rain Dance!" I said.

Milotic summoned a raincloud on the stage. It hasn't started raining yet.

"Next, jump in the air and use Aqua Ring!" I commanded.

Milotic then made rings of water and encased herself, forming a thin veil around her. By that time, the rain started pouring. Luckily, it didnt drop on me or the judges.

"Quick, use a weak Ice Beam on the droplets and the raincloud, and freeze the ring with Ice Beam!" I said.

She then used a weaker version of Ice Beam and froze the droplets and made the raincloud into a weaker version of a hail cloud. The droplets broke to the ground and created a shimmering effect. After that, she quickly froze the water veil that she is in and looked as if she is frozen inside.

"Finally, finish it off with Scald!" I said enthusiastically.

Milotic then used Scald to thaw herself out from the frozen veil, with the ice chunks dissipating, creating a shimmer explosion. By that time, the hail cloud disappeared.

The crowd cheered on, clapping, shouting, and basically gone wild. To be frank, I didn't expect this kind of reaction. I didn't get a great look at the judges' faces, since I was overwhelmed with the crowd's reaction.

Me and Milotic both bowed at the audience, returned Milotic to her Pokeball, and exited the stage.

I waited at the waiting room for a while, to see the other competitors in action. I just hope I can make it through. I sighed in relief, atleast this round is over.

Etherion

clawitzer.gif
Clawitzer (M) Nickname: Finick Mega Launcher Focus Blast | Dragon Pulse | Heal Pulse | Flash Cannon

swellow.gif
Swellow (M) Nickname: Valor Guts Whirlwind | Boomburst | Brave Bird | Heat Wave

meowstic-f.gif
Meowstic (M) Nickname: Maleficent (Effie for short) Infiltrator Psychic | Thunder Wave | Magical Leaf | Dark Pulse

Accumulated Points:

Austin Kavanaugh

He tried to sleep while waiting for the designated time for the appeals round of the festival. He was of thinking entering Effie in this round, because she had the most finesse than the other two. His eyes started to close, but his mind was still awake and was thinking about the appeals round. "To all coordinators" He jolted up and listened to the sudden announcement. His heart raced because of nervousness, he tried to ease himself and further listened. "The appeals round will start in a few minutes, all contestants of the Grand Festival, report to the Contest Hall right now." Nurse Joy's once booming voice dissipated into nothing. Austin exhaled and inhaled.

He prepared his outfit for today, a dark green long sleeve shirt with white flaps. Covering his neck is a green bow tie and surrounding him was a black vest. A tuxedo made by his aunt, who was a fashion designer. The same aunt who gave him an Espurr egg ages ago, the same Espurr who evolved into a Meowstic which his sister named Maleficent. It was too long, so he decided to cut it, he took the "Efi" part of Maleficent which became the name of his Meowstic.

Effie went out of her Pokeball just about Austin finished changing. "Hey there, you ready?" he asked, "Yeah, are you? I sense nervousness," the Constraint Pokemon said to him telepathically. He sighed. "I am, but, I'll be ok, I promise. Prepare that fashion skit we've been practicing," Effie nodded in response and returned to her Pokeball. After tweaking his bow tie in a nervous manner, he was finally ready.

He went to the Grand Festival hall talked to the receptionist to affirm his registration earlier, he joined the others in line and waited for his turn.

Word Counter: 299
CSS Credit: Nakuzami
BACKGROUND Credit: SweetLittleVampire

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Finding Out Of The Core

As Emerald gave his rant, Cabbage laughed it off.

"Sure Emerald. Whatever you say," Cabbage said in a sarcastic tone.

With that, she rolled her eyes and left with Castform. She was still laughing when she saw a trainer finished his performance with a Talonflame. Wait a second, isn't that... Cabbage remembered yesterday. It was that Kalos trainer who's pokemon evolved and he won the battle. His Talonflame was pretty good, especially with that Solarbeam. Too bad he won't beat me either, Cabbage thought. As he exited the stage, the host was saying something along the lines to Dallas. I assume this is the boy's name.

Then as she was about to say an actual honest good job, a girl hugged him and basically gushed at him. Meanwhile she saw in line a girl in a very attractive sky blue silk dress. Hope she doesn't trip on that dress, Cabbage thought. Then the two left sitting down on a bench. Cabbage turned to Castform.

"Hey, should I go say hi?"

Again Castform gave her a look.

"What? With that performance, he's obviously moving to the next round. I need to know who I'm up against."

Castform then rolled her eyes as Cabbage proceeded to Dallas, or whatever his name is.

"I saw your performance earlier. It's pretty neat for a Kalos kid. Name's Cabbage from Lilycove. You are?"

Cabbage extended out a hand to shake. This is better than putting up with Emerald.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed - Contest Hall Waiting Room

Dallas returned his Froakie a while ago after Ally left. She had to go do somethings in a different town for her father and said she would be back for the second round. She had given him a hug and left his bag with him as she ran off out of the waiting room. He watched as a girl, young than him, came through the door. She was wearing a dress that showed her figure off and had sapphire jewelry on.

Ah Solace Sarini. He thought.

He had watched some of her contests before in the past and she always seemed to do well. She watched her start to shake a bit when her name was called. He turned his head to the screen and watched her performance. It was very elegant and beautiful, along with her Milotic. He himself wished he had caught one before the Grand Festival, but wasn't able to find one of the rarest freaking fish in the world. He smiled as she finished and nodded his head.

After a moment, the girl he knew as cabbage started walking over to him. Telling him her name and put her hand out to shake. He was kinda glad Ally had left, because she would probably be annoyed to be honest. He moved his hand toward hers and encased it and shook it.

"My name is Dallas Reed. Nice to meet you. Your performed well and so did your Blaziken did well." He smiled.

He thought about petting Castform, but he recalled hearing something about a trainer at the beach yesterday that didn't like her Castform to be touched. He figured that this was the girl. She was also younger than him. He also remembered that this girl was the girl arguing with the one named Emerald. He recalled him saying something along the lines of not respecting her pokemon. He had to be careful what he said or she might go off on him.

"That is a nice Castform as well. Looks like it has been well taken care of." He said, releasing her hand and bringing it back to his side. Waiting for a reply.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
With Dallas Reed

Then Dallas shook shook her hand and introduced himself.

"My name is Dallas Reed. Nice to meet you. Your performed well and so did your Blaziken did well." He smiled at Cabbage.

Cabbage's attention slipped from him when she heard the host said to cheer for Solace Sarini. She turned around to the screen and saw the nervous girl from earlier. Neat Milotic, Cabbage thought before turning back to Dallas.

He was looking a bit hesitant towards Castform. Either he has a phobia with them or he has heard the word of what I did yesterday, Cabbage thought. Anyone is better to pet Castform than that little girl. Even if they are people like Emerald or Sapphire. Maybe even Ruby... Dallas continued to speak.

"That is a nice Castform as well. Looks like it has been well taken care of."

Dallas then released his grip on Cabbage's hand. Cabbage just stood there speechless, wondering if she looked too weak. Friendship with Castform?! Please people, those are sappy things. Although respect is the right word. Yes.

"Yeah," Cabbage said a bit stunned. "Our partnership is actually based off respect, but along the way we acquired friendship. We help each other a lot, and respect is the sole objective."

Cabbage smiled at what she said. I may have just made a fool out of myself. Castform cried in glee, clearly giving truth to Cabbage's words. Castform wanted to see more appeals as she nudged Cabbage towards the screens.

"Nice meeting you Dallas. Good luck on the second round!"

With that, Cabbage left and sat down near the tv just to satisfy Castform. She cheered as she saw more people preform. Hopefully this will end soon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed - Leaving Contest Hall.

Dallas thought that he would take his leave for a while. He didn't really care to watch everyone. There was no reason to worry, mainly because it was rare when someone used the same pokemon in the same contest more than once, unless there was multiple battle stages. He walked to the door of the arena entrance, hoping to see Solace Sarini so he could tell her she had a nice Milotic, but he did not see her. He looked back at where Cabbage and Castform were watching the other appeals and stopped to the side of her so he didn't block the television.

"Cabbage, everyone has their own way to train there pokemon. However, the bond of a pokemon and trainer can give them more power in other ways. Just remember that. But training is your own style. That is what makes a pokemon trainer, a trainer." Dallas said as he left the room. Not waiting for a reply and he plunged his hands into his pockets and walked out.

As Dallas walked, he rubbed his wrist, making sure his replacement was still on his wrist. He walked to the Poke Center and went into his room. He unlocked it and walked in. He quickly changed into his normal clothes. Put is watch replacement into his shirt pocket. To most, it my just be a normal watch, but to him. It was everything. He put his C Gear back on and he had a missed call. He looked at it, and seen that it was Ally. And moments later, the C Gear rang.

Ring ring ring. Ring ring ring. Face Call. Face Call.

Dallas quickly activated the call when he noticed it was Ally.

"Ally?" He asked.

"Dallas please help! Something or someone is after me on Route 110! Please! He-AHHH!" Ally cried.

Dallas couldn't see her face, but he could tell she was running. And heard a passive flash as the screen went blue. He turned the C Gear off and hit track and it showed she was in the water in the center of the route. He picked up his bag of pokeball that held his pokemon and ran out the pokemon center and north.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

Maria Consolacion Vivides Sarini

Getting Flirtatious

#TeamSolaceSarini
Bellossom ★ Braixen ★ Milotic

"Wow, these coordinators are really good!" I muttered to myself. I'm think I won't be going further in the festival. I remember watching Cabbage's appeal, which she was wearing a black dress, and her Blaziken was so amazing, with the fireplay that it displayed. Then I remembered Emerald's appeal, which his Espeon was amazing at controlling the Shadow Ball. Of course, I also remembered Dallas' appeal, which his Talonflame did a tremendous double team combo. Wow, now that remember it, I'm pretty convinced, this is where I am stopping. I sighed in disappointment.

I went outside the hall, and bumped into Brett, sending me falling flat on my butt. Great, just what I needed.

"Whoa, hey Solace! Glad to see you here!" Brett said while pulling me back up.

"Uh, hey Brett! I was just gonna go back to the Pokemon Center." I cleaned my dress, and proceeded to the Pokemon Center, but Brett blocked me.

"Hey, wait a minute! You were amazing out there! Look, I can sense you are getting nervous." he said.

I freezed for a second and faced him again.

"How was it obvious?" I asked shyly.

"You are avoiding me, hands shaking, looked fazed. Totally obvious." He smirked.

"Oh haha, sorry. The other competitors seems to be on the lead to be honest." I said.

"Well, don't be all Mrs. Downy Downerson! Be happy you are here! It doesn't matter if you win, right?" he encouraged me.

"Well, you're right. Whatever happens, happens, right?" I asked with a smile.

"Of course! Look, I have to go, I still have to watch the other appeals!" he said.

"Oh sure, I still have to change back anyways." I quickly said.

"By the way, you look hot, even without the dress!" he sent a wink at me which just made me more flustered. I can feel my cheeks burning up and getting butterflies in my stomach. Ugh, please stop!

I went back to the Pokemon Center, changed back to my normal dress, changed the ribbon back to black, and removed my accessories. I rested for a few minutes inside my room, and went back to the contest hall to see the other appeals. If I get lucky, I can meet the other contestants!

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Mason Kastell
To Appeal, or Not To Appeal

froslass.gif
Froslass Cursed Body Double Team, Captivate, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind
milotic.gif
Milotic Cute Charm Aqua Ring, Aqua Tail, Attract, Twister
leafeon.gif
Leafeon Leaf Guard Helping Hand, Grass Whistle, Syntheis, Leaf Blade
Leafeon Leaf Guard Helping Hand, Grass Whistle, Syntheis, Leaf Blade

"Good job Milotic!" called Mason, as he looked down at his watch and sighed. "Whoops. We're late for the appeals."

Froslass snickered.

"We can still make it." Mason said. "We just need to leave right now."

And with that, he recalled Milotic and Leafeon, then dashed out up his room and left the Pokémon Center. Mason and Froslass quickly weaved through the crowd until they reached the Contest Hall.

Soon, he got to the front of the line. "I'm here to participate," he said to the receptionist.

"Alright, I'll need your Trainer ID." she responded. Mason handed her his Trainer ID and waited.

"Alright, would you like to change? You're up soon."

Mason shook his head. "No thanks, I already did." He looked down at his outfit. A blue amd white tuxedo with formal white pants. Mason assumed he looked good enough.

After a few minutes of waiting, Mason heard the announcer say "And next up, Mason Kastell!"

He walked towards the stage, Milotic gracefully slithering behind him.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Appeal Sight

As Cabbage watches the tv of the next appeals, she felt sorry for yet another trainer that tripped over. Then she heard Dallas from behind her:

"Cabbage, everyone has their own way to train there pokemon. However, the bond of a pokemon and trainer can give them more power in other ways. Just remember that. But training is your own style. That is what makes a pokemon trainer, a trainer."

With that speech, he left outside before Cabbage could even decide to respond. Oh well, Cabbage thought. Everyone is pretty nervous about the final results. Plus, there's still more trainers to appeal. Castform cheered at the appeals; some were good, others were bad, and some too plain. All of a sudden, Cabbage heard her Pokenav ring. The caller ID stated Dad. She answered it.

"Hey sweetie! I saw your appeal earlier today! Nice job! Talk about making us Evergreens proud!"

"Come on dad. You know I didn't do that much."

"Stop pressuring yourself. I know all you think to being a coordinator is power..."

"That's because it is Dad. Without force, how exactly are you to make a name for yourself?"

"There's a right way and a wrong way to things Cabbage. This is one of those wrongs."

Cabbage sighed and rolled her eyes. Here we go again.

"Promise me you will not just use power in the next appeals."

"Dad..."

"Promise?"

"Fine then. Talk to you later."

With that, Cabbage hung up. Since when is my dad concerned about my performance? He's never said anything before. Castform beside her stared crying out. Cabbage turned to the screen and heard the host say:

"And next up, Mason Kastell!"

Cabbage smirked.

"Never heard of him before. This should be interesting."

Cabbage agreed as they awaited seeing this boy appeal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed - Route 110

Dallas ran north into the forest near the ocean. He ran toward the cycling road house, but knew he couldn't go there because he did not have a bike. he continued north until he got to a place known as the trick house and a route that went west. He ran east into the higher grass that was under the biking path. He finally go to an area in the walls where there was no wall. Where people could wish and what not, but he didn't see anything, but an empty island. He continued east and got to an open area. Suddenly, he was attack by a Mightyena. He dodged the pokemon and then jumped back. He threw his hand to his side and grabbed a poke ball and threw it in the air.

"Pancham! Your up!" He yelled.

Pancham appeared and it got ready to attack. Another pokemon, this time a Houndoom crashed through the grass and attacked Pancham, but pancham dodged it.

Dallas threw his hand down once again and pulled another pokeball out. Krokodile appeared. As soon as that happened, Pancham started to glow and evolved into Pangoro and both pokemon roared.

"Awesome!" Dallas cheered.

The two dog pokemon attacked, but were no match for his pokemon and were sent flying back. But they didn't give up.

"Have it your way! Pangoro, use Vital Throw! Krookodile, use Dragon Claw!" Dallas commanded.

His pokemon attacked using the moves he called, sending both pokemon into the water. He recalled his pokemon after telling them good job and ran north along the route. After a few minutes, he got to another large open area and he saw something shine in the grass. He squatted down, there was a piece of bag on the ground, he took it as sign of Ally. He ran toward the edge of the water. He looked in the clean water and could see a shining object in the water. It was pink.

"Froakie! I need your assistance!" Dallas yelled as he released Froakie into the water.

"Swim down and get the pink thing in the water, bring it back up please." Dallas asked.

'Froakie!' Froakie cried as he swam down to the bottom.

Second later, Froakie returned with a pink C Gear in his mouth, and jumped out of the water and onto the land. Dallas squatted and patted Froakie on the head as he took the C Gear from the pokemon's mouth.

"This... this is Ally's!" Dallas cried.

He shot a look across the water. Between the trees, he could see the entrance to New Mauville. He stepped back. He placed Ally's C Gear in his bag.

"Froakie, let's go!" He yelled, as he took off running and jumped into the water, ignoring the fact that he didn't wear swimming clothes, and started quickly swimming across the water.

Etherion

meowstic-f.gif
Meowstic (F) Nickname: Maleficent (Effie for short) Infiltrator Psychic | Thunder Wave | Magical Leaf | Dark Pulse

meowstic-f.gif
When in danger, it raises its ears and releases enough psychic power to grind a 10-ton truck into dust. The eyeball patterns on the interior of its ears emit psychic energy. It keeps the patterns tightly covered because that power is too immense.

Accumulated Points:
10☆

Effie's Fashion Show

"Austin Kavanugh" a stagehand said, he raised his hands and the man motioned him to enter. Upon arriving to the stage, he gazed around. The audience was composed of diverse people - big, small, tall, short, old, young - you name it, it made him nervous for a brief moment. The judges looked stern, Nurse Joy, Fantina and a previous winner, Robert all looked at him. He just smiled. "Slateport City!" he yelled on the top of his lungs, "Do you wanna see a fashion show!" The crowed was going unruly, screams, shout and everything.

"Go Effie!" he released the Psychic Pokemon's ball into the air and the cat-like Pokemon appeared, it let out a her cry. "Magical Leaf and Psychic combo!" First, glowing leaves appeared pointing upwards, Effie launched them into the air and with her psychic powers, redirected them towards her body. They formed a knee-length tube gown which swayed while Effie walked towards the judges.

"Next up!" Again, using her psychic powers, Effie launched the leaves into the air and it dissipated leaving a green glittering powder. "Thunder Wave and Psychic!" The Meowstic positioned her hands in front of her chest and released bolts of blue electricity that enveloped her. The Constraint Pokemon carefully used her powers to shape the electricity, allowing it to not shock herself in the process of making another dress. The final product of the combo was an electrifying Japanese kimono, a straight-lined robe worn so that the hem falls to the ankle, with attached collars and long, wide sleeves.

To end their appeal, Effie walked to the left, then to the right, then back at the center to turn and releasing the blue bolts. Austin ran forward and bowed down along with his Maleficent.

Word Counter: 290
CSS Credit: Nakuzami
BACKGROUND Credit: SweetLittleVampire

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Mason Kastell
The Appeal that May or May Not Be Appealing
froslass.gif
Froslass Cursed Body Double Team, Captivate, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind
milotic.gif
Milotic Cute Charm Aqua Tail, Safeguard, Aqua Ring, Twister
leafeon.gif
Leafeon Leaf Guard Leaf Blade, Grass Whistle, Synthesis, Iron Tail

Mason stepped up to the stage. "Make sure to wow the judges," he whispered to Milotic. He then gave a thumbs up to show he was ready.

"To start off," he said, "use Green Tornado!" Milotic began to spin, then used Safeguard. The Pokémon became enveloped in green light. This action was followed by Twister, which formed a green (thanks to Safeguard) twister around Milotic. She began spinning and was lifted up into the air. Milotic posed gracefully as she spun.

"Next, use Aqua Tail on the Twister!" Mason called. Milotic leaped up above the tornado. The Pokemon's tail was surrounded by a beautiful spiral of clear water, then she came gracefully crashing down with an Aqua Tail. The Twister soon was destroyed by the force and fell to the ground, leaving perfect rings of water on the stage. Milotic landed in the exact center and slithered around the smallest ring before returning to the middle and waiting for the next command.

Mason smiled. Milotic was doing great so far. Now to close.

"And for the big finish, use Water Cyclone!" Mason called. Milotic began to spin again this time on her head, as she used Aqua Ring. That must hurt, Mason thought. Soon, the Pokémon was surrounded by three rings of water, that spun as she did. Then, Milotic summoned a small Twister that was hard to notice, but was strong enough to send the rings of water on the stage into the sky. She leaped up as high as she could and hit the ball of water that had formed in the air with an Aqua Tail, causing the water to scatter and give the effect of looking like it was raining on the stage. Milotic landed gently on the stage, facing the audience, then bowed as the "rain" faded away.

"Four months of practice, but totally worth it," Mason muttered as he and Milotic exited the stage. "Great job Milotic!" he then said, but more audibly.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Keeping Eyes

As Cabbage watched this so called Mason, she was lost in thought. Why was my father worried? He's always approved of my methods, so why scowl at me now? Please don't tell me that Emerald got to him... Cabbage settled for a sigh. Castform in the other hand was quite amused by the boy who has a Milotic.

He first started out with a beautiful appeal of a mixed Twister and Safeguard. Cabbage and Castform stared at the tv in awe.

"Nice touch of color. Better be ready for this guy in the next round."

Castform nodded, agreeing with Cabbage. It seems Milotic is trendy in being in contests. But Castform is way better. Next he told his pokemon to use Aqua Tail and did other fancy combos. Once it ended, Cabbage turned to Castform.

"You don't mind going outside, right?"

Castform lead ahead and both went outside. Cabbage breathe in the air and stretched her arms. That feels better. All that crowd of people was really getting on my... Castform started to cry out.

"Easy Castform. I'm just relaxing..."

Then a shadow covered them both. Cabbage gave her partner a quizzical look when they both heard a voice.

"WATCH OUT!"

Then a Pelliper made a lazy landing and smack both to the ground. The a boy stood above them.

"Sorry about the crash landing Cabbage. How are you? Is Sapphire here?"

Cabbage and Castform picked themselves up. Cabbage rubbed her head. At least my dress isn't ruined.

"Hey to you to Ruby. Sapphire's in the Contest Hall cheering for Emerald."

"Oh."

His smile fell a little. Cabbage rolled her eyes.

"You Littleroot kids..."

Cabbage found out accidentally that Ruby liked Sapphire, despite her being into Emerald. Love Triangles are hell. These people annoy her and amused her from time to time. The only mystery is Emerald.

"You can go in there if you want. Depends if you want to put up with them."

"Nah. I just thought she wouldn't hurry..."

"I'm just out here to get some air. Tough crowd in there."

They both just stood there.

"I should get going. And maybe you should come with me too. Unless you came here for something else..."

"Fine," Ruby reluctantly agreed.

They both walked back inside and split off.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Reed: New Mauville.

Dallas and Froakie quickly swam across the ocean, taking in some salt water, but immediately spat it back out. They finally got to the island where the cave entrance was, luckily, the trees blocked him as he struggled in water logged clothing. After a few failed attempts, he finally got the grip he needed and climbed over the rocky edge. He silently made his way through the trees, Froakie on his back. He laid flat on the ground about half way and slowly army crawled over the hard, grassy, forest floor. He made it to the edge of the woods and looked toward the gave entrance.

There was two guards, but no pokemon. Both wore a combination of what he knew as Magma and Aqua clothing.

"What? Why are they here? I thought they had broke up long ago, and now I am seeing them with a combination of the science and pirate clothing that they wore." Dallas whispered to himself.

He glanced at there sides, both the guards had three poke balls. He turned to Froakie, Froakie's big eyes looked into his.

"Froakie, sneak up on them as a wild pokemon. As soon as you get a chance, use your sticky bubbles to cover their mouths and then quickly cover their hands in it once the reach for their pokeballs, if them do. After that, use it on their feet so they can't move. Just make sure they can breath though." Dallas explained.

'Fro-Froakie.' Froakie nodded.

With its speed, it quickly moved in. Before they could yell, the blue ninja frog pokemon covered their mouths and then stuck there hands and feet with it. It then used a tackle and knocked them to the ground so that the bubbles would stick them to the ground. As soon as it was over, Dallas started crawling and got to his feet which then turned into a dash to the cave. Dallas ran into the cave and stopped no time to advance further. He ran up on two people with pokemon. Froakie quickly used a smokebomb to shield them from view. The smoke filled the whole cavern. Dallas ran through the smoke, Froakie continued to use smoke bomb to stop them. Finally, after multiple smokebombs, Dallas found Ally. He ran to her and quickly untied her.

"Let me go!" She yelled.

"Shhhhh!!!! Ally, it is me, Dallas!" He said as he untied the finally knot.

"Dallas! Arceus be praised!! You found me!!" She cried as she threw her self around him.

"We got to get out of here, quickly! Froakie is starting to tire out!" Dallas yelled as Froakie threw one more smoke bomb before collapsing to the ground. Dallas scooped it up into his arms.

"Leave it to me Dallas! Gallade, teleport me, Dallas, and Froakie away from this place!" She cried.

Gallade popped out of the light from her pokeball. It touched both Dallas and Ally on the shoulder, they quickly blinked away and arrived back in Slateport City.

She returned Gallade and turned back to Dallas. He could she her face better and could tell she had been crying. She quickly wrapped her arms around him once again, he could feel his shoulder becoming wet from tears.

"Thank you so much!" She cried.

"Ally, who were those people? Why did they kidnap you?"

"I don't know! They just attacked me out of the blue! Maybe they know my father, and wanted to turn me in for ransom?" She cried.

"They won't bother you again. Not while I am around, after the Festival, we will confront them. Here." He said, reaching into his bag. He pulled out her C Gear and handed it to her.

"My C Gear! Where did you find it? Did you look at it!?" Her face started to turn red as she snatched it out of his hand.

"No.... Why?" He asked.

"Ne-nevermind!" She cried.

"Well listen Ally, here is my room key. Go upstairs and go to sleep. You look horrible." He smiled, as he pulled out his room key.

"A-are you sure? I can pay for another room."

"No, use mine for now. If they happen to know that your father is a rich duke from Kalos, they may track your name. I will join you after a bit. I am gonna head to the beach, maybe I can learn about who these new people are." Dallas said.

"K." She said as she took his key and went in.

He watched her go upstairs, making sure she had gotten to his room safely. He didn't think who ever these people were, would be stupid enough to kidnap someone in the Poke Center during the Festival. After a few minutes of healing his pokemon, mainly Froakie, he returned it to it's pokeball and walked south, toward the beach once more.

Back