• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen #HoennAllDayEveryday [Day and Night Speculation Thread]

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm sure day and night make its way into ORAS. They're such an advanced feature, and I'm more than positive that a console like 3DS would have no problem handling such data; there might've been issues regarding it with GameBoy, but same can't be said for this. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to it! It would be amazing to see Hoenn at night, for first time ever.

One location that I'm really looking forward to see is Slateport. It's one of my most favorite places of this region, and have always wanted to experience it in dark, with lights out. Should be pretty amazing. As far as wild Pokémon go, I could definitely imagine them change depending on hour of day. At morning, perhaps there would be more fairies out there, as well as bright and colorful grass-types. In afternoon, more rock-, ground-, and fire-types would be found. In evening and night, water, ghost, and dark would be common.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm sure day and night make its way into ORAS. They're such an advanced feature, and I'm more than positive that a console like 3DS would have no problem handling such data; there might've been issues regarding it with GameBoy, but same can't be said for this. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to it! It would be amazing to see Hoenn at night, for first time ever.

One location that I'm really looking forward to see is Slateport. It's one of my most favorite places of this region, and have always wanted to experience it in dark, with lights out. Should be pretty amazing. As far as wild Pokémon go, I could definitely imagine them change depending on hour of day. At morning, perhaps there would be more fairies out there, as well as bright and colorful grass-types. In afternoon, more rock-, ground-, and fire-types would be found. In evening and night, water, ghost, and dark would be common.

I don't think that's why, there were games that could switch between night and day in the GBA era after all. Plus the GBA was more advanced than the GBC which could handle Night and Day. I think it was like seasons not being in this generation (likely they'll return in the next generation and be in the Sinnoh remakes <3).

Tbh I don't have high hopes for GF to revitalize the night and day cycle of which Pokemon appear and when :(. They've been ignoring it after Gen II (they even left it out in the already mentioned Gen III/GBA era) introduced it...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't think that's why, there were games that could switch between night and day in the GBA era after all. Plus the GBA was more advanced than the GBC which could handle Night and Day. I think it was like seasons not being in this generation (likely they'll return in the next generation and be in the Sinnoh remakes <3).

Tbh I don't have high hopes for GF to revitalize the night and day cycle of which Pokemon appear and when :(. They've been ignoring it after Gen II (they even left it out in the already mentioned Gen III/GBA era) introduced it...

They seem to ignore that every once in a while, but it'd be a lot nice if they could stop; it'd add more realism, in my opinion! After all, in real life, that's how this works with animals; some could be found outside in daytime, while others are available only at night.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • This is for sure coming back. It's been around for quite a few Pokemon games, I don't see why they'd stop now. It's become both an important mechanical and aesthetic feature and I don't expect Game Freak to discontinue using the day/night feature.

If they could only bring back the seasons we had for so short of a time...

Years
  • They seem to ignore that every once in a while, but it'd be a lot nice if they could stop; it'd add more realism, in my opinion! After all, in real life, that's how this works with animals; some could be found outside in daytime, while others are available only at night.

It would be nice. GF didn't really take advantage of Night and Day last Gen, and while they had seasons they barely did much with that.
    I just wish that GF will one day take advantage of seasons, weather, and time of day to make it more realistic.

Years
  • There were some obvious discrepancies in the original RSE, and I think most if not all of them will be taken care of, including the addition of the Day & Night system. There's no downfall to the feature, only positives. In other words, no reason why they wouldn't implement it, except to remain traditional with the original Hoenn games, but I think that would be totally unnecessary.

Years
  • There were some obvious discrepancies in the original RSE, and I think most if not all of them will be taken care of, including the addition of the Day & Night system. There's no downfall to the feature, only positives. In other words, no reason why they wouldn't implement it, except to remain traditional with the original Hoenn games, but I think that would be totally unnecessary.

I think they'll add it too, but it'll likely lack species exclusive to a certain time like there were in Gen II. No other generation has done as good a job of taking advantage of Day-Night encounters as the generation that introduced it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Seasons look promising but it doesn't fit it in Hoenn, considering it is a tropical region, and tropical places dont have the 4 seasons :P They only have wet and dry season :33

Years
  • Seasons look promising but it doesn't fit it in Hoenn, considering it is a tropical region, and tropical places dont have the 4 seasons :P They only have wet and dry season :33

That's true, and sometimes a windy season depending on where one lives...

Anyways I would like to see Mauville at night. I hope we get some screenshots of cities at night.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2018
    I am sure we'll see it, but I hope the differences between night and day are more noticeable than they were in X/Y. My only issue with the night cycle in Kalos was how light it was when the battle scenes were so much darker. Hoenn could look really beautiful all lit up and with much darker settings during night hours.

Years
  • I am sure we'll see it, but I hope the differences between night and day are more noticeable than they were in X/Y. My only issue with the night cycle in Kalos was how light it was when the battle scenes were so much darker. Hoenn could look really beautiful all lit up and with much darker settings during night hours.
    It sure was, it looked as if a full moon covered Kalos every day. Speaking of the moon I'll like it if they added in moon cycles to the game where the amount of light at night depends (at least partially as seasons also play a role) on the moon's stage.

Years
  • Can certainly imagine strolling through a robustly lit Lilycove. Would make for some gorgeous scenes, that's for sure. I didn't find any issue with X and Y's system to be honest, and wouldn't be surprised if the exact same feature is implemented in ORAS, as they are most likely using similar engines.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • idk I mean Hoenn would certainly be awesome with Day and Night but I'm really unsure whether GF will actually implement the feature. The games did introduced real-time clocks, and it would be a little odd for them to suddenly remove such a staple to the series for no particular reason.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Now that this intrigues me, that in RSE, we had to set the clocks. Do you think that they will remove it in ORAS since we already have the 3DS internal clock?

Years
  • Can certainly imagine strolling through a robustly lit Lilycove. Would make for some gorgeous scenes, that's for sure. I didn't find any issue with X and Y's system to be honest, and wouldn't be surprised if the exact same feature is implemented in ORAS, as they are most likely using similar engines.
    ORAS is created from the same engine as XY but it'll likely have a upgraded version of it like past generations updated the engine of the previous games. So perhaps they will add i.

I think they will erase that part. I wouldn't mind it as it means we get to start our journey quicker :D!

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • I'm just so excited to see Hoenn at night xD
    well the berry factor will be present,
    probably influence the appearing of pokemon at sea. I would love to see Chinchou lights in the sea (one can dream)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The night and day thing was only important in Sinnoh and Johto. It had no effect on Unova or Kalos other than a few moves get boosted at night.

It is possible, but I do not think they will have it. Main reason, because it is a tropical area, although it did get night in Hoenn. Even though they have had it out for a while, does not really mean anything. They had it in original Gold and Silver, but the left it out in Hoenn. But then again, there are a lot more requirements for night time now.

Back