• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Ugh, I need to continue my monotype AND start my other challenge as well. I've recently been hit with a bad case of unproductivity both in this and my other content, so I haven't updated in some time, but I'll try to get back into it.

Also, gotta love that totally not stolen straight out of the nuzlocke comic part of the new splash, that's what caught my attention the most.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I'm still playing my Pokemon Blue Randomized Nuzlocke, and although I still have 4 badges, I managed to grind my Pokemon team to Level 55 just to challenge Koga.

I don't know why I'm still grinding. Must be the deaths to my Haunter and Kadabra that caused it...?

Years
  • I made a challenging game, all Pokemon are balanced and much more, I made a thread about it, can't post links yet though, still new here.

I still don't know how to upload the ROM itself, and if anyone wants to help work on it, that'd be great.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    What type should I MonoLocke?

Hello! It is I, KnSlash. I am starting up a YouTube channel and looking to do a Monolocke. I've been thinking about doing either Normal or Dark, but I'm not sure what to do. What type do you think I should do?

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • Hello! It is I, KnSlash. I am starting up a YouTube channel and looking to do a Monolocke. I've been thinking about doing either Normal or Dark, but I'm not sure what to do. What type do you think I should do?

Normal is more interesting my eyes just due to the versatility of the type itself. You should do that. Also link it so I can watch it as well.

I had a question for anyone here. I should of posted it here first but I wasn't really thinking. I wanted to start another ultimate run soon, however, I kind of ran into a predicament. I want to do a run with my favorite legendary Pokemon, Mewtwo. This could work up to generation 5, however, I fail to see how it would be possible without extreme annoyance in X/Y. Would someone with any experience with hacking or cheating in those games give me some knowledge on how I could get a controllable Mewtwo in that game? Do you think it would be possible with a powersave? Does that give you controllable Pokemon or only just random ID ones through the spawn Pokemon cheat.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I had a question for anyone here. I should of posted it here first but I wasn't really thinking. I wanted to start another ultimate run soon, however, I kind of ran into a predicament. I want to do a run with my favorite legendary Pokemon, Mewtwo. This could work up to generation 5, however, I fail to see how it would be possible without extreme annoyance in X/Y. Would someone with any experience with hacking or cheating in those games give me some knowledge on how I could get a controllable Mewtwo in that game? Do you think it would be possible with a powersave? Does that give you controllable Pokemon or only just random ID ones through the spawn Pokemon cheat.
    I've never used a Powersave, but if you have access to a Gen 5 hacking device and Pokemon Bank you might be able to hack one in with your exact OT and ID there, with the help of Pokegen.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I still need to get a Power Saves so that I don't have to always ask someone to clone Pokemon for me...haha. I feel like I get annoying, but it has been a while since I had to ask.

Anyway, I recently restarted White just for a normal playthrough, but to make it fun, I asked staff to pick a Pokemon for me to name after them, whether it was on my planned team or not. So the Pokemon not on my team, I try to use for at least one gym badge and...well, I didn't intend to play this way and I never play Pokemon this way (I always use only my planned team and nothing more), so it kind of turned into a challenge for me! lol How do you like that...an accidental challenge. :P I've been thinking about doing Ones That Got Away on Y soon. Need to just finish up Victory Road and the E4 in my Wonderlocke and then I can sign up and start.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • I've never used a Powersave, but if you have access to a Gen 5 hacking device and Pokemon Bank you might be able to hack one in with your exact OT and ID there, with the help of Pokegen.

Would a level 5 Mewtwo even pass bank? You think they would check for something that obvious. That being said I don't know, I can try something. I need to pick up a copy of Pokemon Y used for testing today anyway.

I also don't have Pokemon Bank so I can't test that either sadly. I can do everything else but upload it to bank.

With that in mind, I've no clue what to do for a challenge right now. I just finished a random Pokemon run, and I don't necessarily want to start the solo Mewtwo run yet. Any suggestions? Nuzlockes are usually extremely boring to me, so, I don't think I'd want to do that. I guess I'll surf through the forum right now.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Would a level 5 Mewtwo even pass bank? You think they would check for something that obvious. That being said I don't know, I can try something. I need to pick up a copy of Pokemon Y used for testing today anyway.

I also don't have Pokemon Bank so I can't test that either sadly. I can do everything else but upload it to bank.

With that in mind, I've no clue what to do for a challenge right now. I just finished a random Pokemon run, and I don't necessarily want to start the solo Mewtwo run yet. Any suggestions? Nuzlockes are usually extremely boring to me, so, I don't think I'd want to do that. I guess I'll surf through the forum right now.
    Bank isn't super strict about what can get through. idk how sensitive it is to level, but as long as all the data is otherwise legal looking it should pass. I could try to hack you one later maybe.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • Sorry, I haven't done them yet. I'm kinda slow when it comes to emblems. If only you knew what it was like working with the Emblem menu >.>

Hey, don't worry about it, was just wondering if I missed something xD. Good luck with it though :)

On a side note, I've started again with doing more monotype challenges! I'm now doing fighting on Diamond. Diamond is so slow >_> And no gallade for me D:

Years
  • I'm really tempted to do a Dragon ultimate monotype challenge, but when you've been playing on VBA where you can just speed it up, going to a DS game feels so slow. However, I have literally a month of doing nothing so I might try. I've always wanted to complete every possible type on Emerald since I can do one per day if I don't get distracted.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I've been doing challenges for quite a while and I thought I'd try my hand at something new. Normally I document my runs through screenshots (which I still do), but I branched out and tried recording my runs. I only record the final battle and while I plan on doing this for all my runs to come (except for the X ones), I was kinda bummed I did so many solo's already. So I looked up the files I still had and I'm doing the 'final' battles for the second time. It's a lot of fun, and if anyone wants to know the Exploud on Diamond run is the first I did again.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Hey! I've been meaning to check out this part of the forum for a while! I'm ready to start a new run through and have decided to make it a challenge... So many good ones to choose from! I think I may start with the Duo Species Challenge on Fire Red or a Bug-type only on White.

I also quite fancy doing a challenge where you only use single-stage Pokemon, is there a challenge that matches that? I've seen the not fully evolved challenge which allows them but only ones below a certain base stat.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't think there's a thread for that yet, so you should definitely make one if you can! :) I haven't made a challenge in forever it seems like, ugh. I thought about reviving something I've done before, but idk which I'd revive.

Years
  • What sucks about being new here is I want to do every challenge lol but I got to try not to lol. And yes it says that I joined last year but I kinda forgot I did haha. I also have a challenge up if anyone wants to check it out. Its the RNG type challenge.

Years
  • I don't think there's a thread for that yet, so you should definitely make one if you can! :) I haven't made a challenge in forever it seems like, ugh. I thought about reviving something I've done before, but idk which I'd revive.

I think I will! Might as well jump in at the deep end! :)

I know what you mean, Supersatan25, I wanna try them all too!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What sucks about being new here is I want to do every challenge lol but I got to try not to lol. And yes it says that I joined last year but I kinda forgot I did haha. I also have a challenge up if anyone wants to check it out. Its the RNG type challenge.

Don't overwhelm yourself like I've done before. :P I usually try not to have more than two challenges at once.

Years
  • Don't overwhelm yourself like I've done before. :P I usually try not to have more than two challenges at once.
    That's what I'm trying. I have two challenges at the moment, mine and the random pokemon challenge. But alot of these challenges seem really cool ^^
    Patience young caterpie, patience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back