• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Oh man, what a blast from the past. I think its been about 3 years since the last time I was on PC and yet I still find myself all over the challenge forums. So excited to be back.

I'm sorry, I'm just feeling really nostalgic

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Oh man, what a blast from the past. I think its been about 3 years since the last time I was on PC and yet I still find myself all over the challenge forums. So excited to be back.

I'm sorry, I'm just feeling really nostalgic

Welcome back ^^
    I know what you mean. I've been signing up on challenges everywhere since I returned xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'm back too! I gotta recollect all the challenges I've done and put on my profile >=[
    Sadly some challenges are no more :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've been working on a challenge (sorta?) by playing through each generation (remakes included) in anticipation for Sun and Moon's release this fall. :) Playing all these games should at least take me that long, haha. Though knowing me, I might get tired once I hit FRLG.

I do plan on doing a random when I go to Emerald next, mainly because I have used all the Hoenn Pokemon a ton and don't really want to play normally like I have with Red and Crystal. And possibly a monocolor on Gold as a side kind of thing, just cause I'm really into GSC lately.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    What do I do in a Nuzlocke if I haven't caught enough Pokémon for that aide of Prof. Oak to give me HM05?

I'm playing Pokémon FireRed Omega Nuzlocke.

I've only caught 8 Pokémon.

I need 10 Pokémon in the Pokédex to get HM05.

What do I do? Are there any nuzlocke rules about this?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    This is a tough answer, because do you really need Flash to complete the game? I could see if it was Surf, but Flash is completely optional, and you can just use a map on Bulbapedia to find your way around Rock Tunnel.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I have Rock Tunnel down to where I can navigate through to the other side without Flash haha!

I'm sure as long as you release them, catching a few Pokemon for dex entries wouldn't be a big deal.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    Problem solved, I realized I hadn't visited 2 routes up ahead! I was able to catch Natu and Voltorb, so now I have flash :)

Lynda

Redhead Ponytail Gal
    Years
  • I submitted a challenge I'm pretty excited about. I hope it gets accepted. :)

Basically you can't evolve any Pokemon, and there are different ways you can approach the Elite Four and Post Game that give you different Thread Ribbons. I'm currently 4 badges into the run, but I think I'll slow down and just level grind some random Pokemon until the thread gets posted. I'm probably going to want a bunch of different Pokemon anyways.

Rewy

untitled follower
    Years
  • Evening, morning to ya'll! o/
    Nice to see few familiar names hanging around still.

I seem to have gone in a coma concerning pokemon and challenges for the longest of time. Once I'll finish up some favorites runs that I have going on I'll be back to challenges and the forum - hoping to find some interesting ones try.

And - Oh wow my signature is outdated.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Good news, everyone! I update the Challenge Index. Yay! I need to keep up with it better, it's really not that complicated. If you ever notice it being left out of date for a long time be sure to poke me, guys. Sometimes I just need some motivation.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Evening, morning to ya'll! o/
    Nice to see few familiar names hanging around still.

I seem to have gone in a coma concerning pokemon and challenges for the longest of time. Once I'll finish up some favorites runs that I have going on I'll be back to challenges and the forum - hoping to find some interesting ones try.

And - Oh wow my signature is outdated.

You and me both. I haven't been on for at least 5 months. But I'm kind of in between TV shows right now and need something to do, so maybe I"m back for now?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Hey guys! I'm planning on completely overhauling the splash with my own code, and am now taking suggestions! Post here if you have an idea or just message me, either way works.

Also, I know it's been a while since we have an event. Sorry about that. I want to do something soon, but finding a theme in the middle of the summer is tough. There's hardly any good holidays, and Summer itself has been done before. American Independence day would be cool, except... yeah, it's American only. So if you think that would be a good theme, do chime in and let me know~.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2016
    Are there any games where monotype steel challenge is feasible?

What is the best game to do a monotype steel challenge? I have always loved steel type but there aren't many Pokemon in that type.

Years
  • Hm... Well, let's see.

Platinum: Empoleon, Steelix (0 badges), Wormadam Trash Cloak, Bronzong (1 badge), Bastiodon (requires ID No. ending in even #), Probopass (2 badges), Scizor (3 badges), Magnezone, Lucario (5 badges)
    B2W2: Lucario (0 badges), Magnezone (1 badge), Excadrill, Steelix (2 badges), Klinklang, Probopass, Ferrothorn (4 badges), Aggron (5 badges), Skarmory, Bisharp (6 badges), Bronzong, Metagross (8 badges)
    XY: Lucario (0 badges), Aegislash, Steelix, Probopass, Ferrothorn, Mawile (1 badge), Escavalier (5 badges), Klefki, Magnezone, Bisharp (6 badges), Aggron (X only), Durant (7 badges), Scizor, Skarmory (8 badges)

May be missing one or two in there, but... Hope this helps!

Years
  • Hey guys, so I'm going on holiday next week and I'm gonna be playing through Platinum again whilst I'm out there. Just wondering what the best challenge would be on this game, thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    What Has Been Your Best Nuzlocke Capture?

So recently I just started my first nuzlocke on my youtube channel. I am playing leafgreen and my subscribers wanted me to start with Armaldo. Things went rough in our first episode, but then I caught a Wartortle!!! Pretty good first capture for my first nuzlocke. So I wanted to know what others best capture has been so far??

Dice_

Max
    Years
  • Probably my Shaymin that I managed to catch in my half-randomized nuzlocke, she was a total legend and even though i ended up losing to Lance at the end of the nuzlocke, i will always remember her as a badass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back