• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Homosexuality - Right or Wrong? [Mature Discussion]

Is it right or wrong?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    It's hard to deem homosexuality right or wrong, seeing as the person in question doesn't have any choice in the matter. Personally, I don't have any problem with it. I know and have talked to many gay and lesbian people and they're perfectly normal and happy people. In this day and age, it's rather narrow minded to have a real problem with someone being homosexual seeing as it's becoming much more socially accepted. And yet bible bashers take to the streets and protest it every day....One of the many reasons why I hate religion >.<

On the flip side you have to understand that social acceptance is not a way to judge the rightness of something. I'm not talking about homosexuality either. In the bible, if you've ever read it, sexual debauchery and other sexual sins became the norm and became socially "accepted". But they were still sinful and wrong. The only person that can judge is God Himself and you'd be wise not to judge yourself based on what the guy next to you is doing.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    On the flip side you have to understand that social acceptance is not a way to judge the rightness of something. I'm not talking about homosexuality either. In the bible, if you've ever read it, sexual debauchery and other sexual sins became the norm and became socially "accepted". But they were still sinful and wrong. The only person that can judge is God Himself and you'd be wise not to judge yourself based on what the guy next to you is doing.

Are you saying that the sinfulness and wrongfulness of people's actions can't be judged by anyone else besides God? As someone who doesn't believe in God or any religion for that matter, I live by my own morals and therefore determine for myself what is right and wrong. I don't need to be told by someone else what is a sin and what is not. There are basic rules in this world which we should all live by and morals we should follow. Homosexuality is not a sin in my book.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Are you saying that the sinfulness and wrongfulness of people's actions can't be judged by anyone else besides God? As someone who doesn't believe in God or any religion for that matter, I live by my own morals and therefore determine for myself what is right and wrong. I don't need to be told by someone else what is a sin and what is not. There are basic rules in this world which we should all live by and morals we should follow. Homosexuality is not a sin in my book.

Easy there lay off being so defensive. I'm saying you can't judge the world based on a certain societies standards because it's possible that society falls into accepting morally irreputable things. I'm not saying homosexuality is one of them, I'm just saying that it happens.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Are you ignorant or not reading what I'm saying? I'm saying you can't judge the world based on a certain societies standards. This has nothing to do with your religion. I was using the bible as an example.

Well from the way you worded it, it sure sounded like it has a lot to do with religion.

Either way, I've already given my opinion. No need to debate it...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Well from the way you worded it, it sure sounded like it has a lot to do with religion.

Either way, I've already given my opinion. No need to debate it...

I edited my second post. I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I did, and I apologize for that. I was just using a biblical example (because you aren't religious, and I thought you'd find it interesting) to relegate to a modern example.

Societies standards =/= what is right.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I edited my second post. I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I did, and I apologize for that. I was just using a biblical example (because you aren't religious, and I thought you'd find it interesting) to relegate to a modern example.

No worries, sorry if I sounded harsh as well. But I do agree with you. Societies standards can never be accepted as what is right. I just don't think that applies to this question is all.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm fine with homosexuality. I am actually very passionate about the whole gay marriage issue and am rather disappointed with what happened in California, so I'm not going to go into it too much farther since I'm not good at keeping my cool in regard to this subject. Even if being gay was a choice, I don't see what's wrong with it. It's just different, and I'm honestly a bit disappointed that difference still breeds so much intolerance. But eh, we're only human, I suppose.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think that alot of people will say it's fine on this thread because they know It's the answer everybody knows is right. Whever they themselves think It's right or not, well thats another story.

I don't think so. If everybody knows the answer is right, they're going to pick it. Not to look politically correct, but because it's blatantly the right thing to believe in. I've met a lot of people who find homosexuals disgusting and they aren't afraid to admit it. I'm pretty sure it's the same for PC. Just give the thread time for more replies and eventually it'll turn into one poster versus the world.

Anyway, homosexuality is perfectly fine in my book. I don't care if religion denounced it, mostly because I don't believe in religion. Someone can't control their sexual orientation; why would you want to judge it? That's like going over to a couple of Jews and throwing them in concentration camps because they're different. It's discrimination and it's idiotic. Homosexuals are people, are they not? Are we not all meant to believe in equality?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No problem with it. Bu8t where i am making fun of it is cool so i just do so to seem cool. Otherwise i find em cool. As long as they dont hit on me i am fine. I mean i prefer girls and all.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    Look at the end of the day is it our problem i have gay friends and they really are no differant than others some eithen less camp than me!!!

I really dont care if someone is gay or not at th eend of the who cares what he or she does with guys/gals in bed?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I never really got the whole "hating gays thing." I mean everyone is a person, what's the point of hating people for no real reason.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years

I definitely agree with that.

Anyway, I did actually vote "I feel uncomfortable around pople like that". If I think about it, I can't see any moral problem with it, but the fact is that quite a lot of people's initial reaction is "Eww!" Its not meant in an offensive way, its just a reflex and when you actually ask people to think about it, they'll almost always say that its fine.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I'm fine with people being Gay, I mean why should we have anything against it. It's not affecting us, so just let it be.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Forewarning; this thread will be heavily watched.
    If any flaming comes up, this thread will be locked in a second, so let's keep this civil.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    The Odd One Out

Erm, don't take it offensively, but I think homosexuals are unnatural. I mean, the human body is programmed to like the opposite sex, and I can't really understand how two people of the same sex could love each other romantically. Could it just be a misinterpretation of feelings or do they really love each other?

I don't feel comfortable around homosexuals, and frankly, I find it disgusting, but bisexuals, I'm not too offended by. Meh, I may get over it after a while. It's just that it's a relatively new idea, this homosexuality thing, and many religions, including mine, condemn it. So I'm still trying to get around the idea of it. How exactly can two people of the same sex be romantically attracted to one another?

And the person who made this thread was also the one who made that God thread. You're quite the thinker, aren't you?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Erm, don't take it offensively, but I think homosexuals are unnatural. I mean, the human body is programmed to like the opposite sex, and I can't really understand how two people of the same sex could love each other romantically. Could it just be a misinterpretation of feelings or do they really love each other?

I don't feel comfortable around homosexuals, and frankly, I find it disgusting, but bisexuals, I'm not too offended by. Meh, I may get over it after a while. It's just that it's a relatively new idea, this homosexuality thing, and many religions, including mine, condemn it. So I'm still trying to get around the idea of it. How exactly can two people of the same sex be romantically attracted to one another?

And the person who made this thread was also the one who made that God thread. You're quite the thinker, aren't you?

Well as a gay male, I don't understand how one can be attracted to a female. But I don't find it disgusting. :|

Clearly I'm fine with homosexuals being one. Love is love.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    My girlfriend was a lesbian. I turned her bisexual. I have no problems with people who love the same sex. If I make fun of a homosexual guy, it'll only be because he might be wearin something rediculous. On the women's side....well, I'll keep my thoughts to myself on that part. ^_^;

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    No problem with it. Bu8t where i am making fun of it is cool so i just do so to seem cool. Otherwise i find em cool. As long as they dont hit on me i am fine. I mean i prefer girls and all.
    I think you're one of those people who try to please everyone. Those people are very disliked where I come from. Either you dislike gays, like them or ignore them. You can't say they're cool and then tease them just to be cool. That's just plain mean and hypocritical.

And to stay on topic, I just automatically say 'Eww!' when someone says they're gay. Otherwise, I don't really care. As long as they don't act like a girl, I'm cool with gays, despite what I said above. I just want to get over with the homophobia thingy and then figure out how people are born gay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back