• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Homosexuality - Right or Wrong? [Mature Discussion]

Is it right or wrong?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazukii

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Please be aware that this is a MATURE discussion thread and anything other will only result in trouble. Please give sensible views.

So do you think It's right or wrong to be a Homosexual?

Me, I think It's fine.

Homosexuality - Desire/Lust for somebody of the same gender

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Well first off let me say this:
    It's not really a choice, it's something your born with and its perfectly fine to be.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • If a man chooses to love another man, and the other one has the same feelings then I say it's nothing for others to concern, I'm okay with it, and if they love each other they should be allowed to be with each other, there is nothing right or wrong about it, it's perfectly natural for humans to experience attraction for other humans, this is like saying,
    Straight people, right or wrong, there is no difference there, we are all humans and whom are others to try too control the feelings of others. Que sere sera.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
  • I'm fine with homosexual people. I have some IRL friends that are, actually. :) At my school, homosexuality isn't as condemned as it is in other places. A lot of people are accepting of them here but there are still some that say it's wrong or evil. But oh well.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I think that alot of people will say it's fine on this thread because they know It's the answer everybody knows is right. Whever they themselves think It's right or not, well thats another story.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • A lot of my friends are gay, I mean honestly it's 2009. I thought most people were past the whole homophobia thing.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I think that alot of people will say it's fine on this thread because they know It's the answer everybody knows is right. Whever they themselves think It's right or not, well thats another story.

I think you're underestimating us.
    I believe a lot of people will say it's fine because they really think it's fine. As you can see, countless members are friends with gay people and are fine with that, myself included.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'm fine with homosexuality, but at some points it bothers me; espeically at schools. This guys are homosexual, but they walk and talk like a girl. Seriously? I can understand homosexuality - Everyone has those thoughts once in awhile.

To me it's just weird. Everyone knows your gay, everyones fine with it, but why do you want to walk and act like a girl. Thats when people start to get mad.

Sorry, but thats just my opinion - Sorry if I was offensive to anyone in particular.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Its been proven that 4/5 people go through a homosexual period, so theres nothing wrong with it.

Proven by who? What?

I think the poll options are worded pretty poorly and should have as little bias in them. The only option for "I'm not fine" uses the words 'gross' and 'dislike' when you can obviously disagree with homosexuality but still like a gay person. I think the options should be:

1.I'm OK with it, everybody is free in that regard.
    2.I'm not OK with it, because of religious/moral reasons
    3.I don't really care one way or the other.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I don't think its wrong at all. I have friends who are either gay or lesbian and to be honest, I think they should have every right to marry.

I mean, whatever happened to the right of freedom and speech? It only contradicts that and keeps a man from marrying another man and a woman from marrying another woman. Freedom and Speech applies to them because its their freedom and if they want to marry some of the same sex, let them.

That's like saying that a woman shouldn't do a man's job. Yet, you still see women working their ways into wrestling and football. Men are usually against it because they like having their on luxuries without a woman interfering, am I right boys?

So, I say let them marry and be happy. It's not hurting anyone because it's not wrong.

It's also like telling a person in a wheelchair that they can't bring their service dog into a restaurant. People have reasons for doing things and as for love, I will safely say...

Love has no boundaries and as long as you are happy with your partner, your partner treats you with love and respect and doesn't do anything to hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable in any way, it's not wrong.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • As I grow older and more mature, the more I understand it. I used to be an extreme homophobe. But that's just silly now. I'm still deciding whether or not you choose or are born gay. Heck, I think sometimes I might be homosexual, but it doesn't matter as long as I love someone who cares enough to love me back.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't really care, if someone has feelings for the other, so be it. Though, it is the human nature to be with the opposite gender.

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
  • I think its not that big of a deal. After all, if you were in Homosexual would not think it the same way a person did if they like someone of the opposite gender? Love is love after all. As long as the other person is confortable with it, its fine.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • There is nothing wrong with being homosexual. Now there's a certain act I object to, but I have no problem with the fact that there are people who are just attracted to the same sex.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • It's hard to deem homosexuality right or wrong, seeing as the person in question doesn't have any choice in the matter. Personally, I don't have any problem with it. I know and have talked to many gay and lesbian people and they're perfectly normal and happy people. In this day and age, it's rather narrow minded to have a real problem with someone being homosexual seeing as it's becoming much more socially accepted. And yet bible bashers take to the streets and protest it every day....One of the many reasons why I hate religion >.<

Years
  • I have 3 homosexual cousins, and many homosexual/bisexual friends. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I believe that people should have the right to love whoever they want. The only good Family Guy episode once said "Its legal for two straight people who hate each other to get married, but two gay people who truly love each other can't" and that's true in all but two states in the a USA (if I'm still up-to-date with my information) and I think that's pretty damn sad. I participate in every special day my school has devoted to homosexual awareness (we have many Days of Silence, not just on the national day) even though I'm straight. I'll always give my support to the cause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back