• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoopa Officially Revealed!

Years
  • It was about time! Hoopa is a great Pokemon imo. I like it.

I don't think the event will be Wi-Fi , sadly :( but I understand why.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    Hoopa will be distributed the same as Diancie. I really think Gamefreak just hate the fanbase.

Also, I need to gets me a hacked Hoopa, don't wanna wait...but those one things are so expensive...is much easier IV breeding and access to event pokemon worth $200?

Yes...but I've gotta buy a car.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Well... I don't know how interesting this movie is actually going to be, given that they're featuring the Hoenn weather trio legends; gee, I wonder what is going to go wrong there?

I want to know what's up with Hoopa's Unbound forme, though.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Since it's starring in a movie it probably won't be available through Wi-fi and instead be given out only to people who actually watch the movie, because the folks at the Pokemon Company think it's still 2004.

I'm not too crazy about it. It's alternate form looks cool, but battle-wise it doesn't look that interesting to me. I'll probably be more interested in Volcanion and AZ's Floette if they ever come out. As far as previous-gen legendaries go, I'd really like to see Jirachi, Darkrai or Arceus as Wi-fi gifts for ORAS.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    About time he was finally confirmed. I actually don't mind him being distributed through the same way as Diancie. Also, I hope the Shiny Mega Rayquaza comes to the US somehow later on.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • @ Metal Man
    That's likely how it's going to be.

I hope we get an in game event, perhaps they could have it so that we get the bottle by Wi-fi which causes a ring to form above Hoenn...perhaps over Littleroot with Hoopa inside.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I hope we get an in game event, perhaps they could have it so that we get the bottle by Wi-fi which causes a ring to form above Hoenn...perhaps over Littleroot with Hoopa inside.

Unfortunately that won't happen because you get the bottle when you have Hoopa in your party.
    That does seem like a really cool idea though, they should have done something like that.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Since it's starring in a movie it probably won't be available through Wi-fi and instead be given out only to people who actually watch the movie, because the folks at the Pokemon Company think it's still 2004.

I'm not too crazy about it. It's alternate form looks cool, but battle-wise it doesn't look that interesting to me. I'll probably be more interested in Volcanion and AZ's Floette if they ever come out. As far as previous-gen legendaries go, I'd really like to see Jirachi, Darkrai or Arceus as Wi-fi gifts for ORAS.
    I thought a number of the event Pokemon which show up in movies (so nigh all of them the last several years) have come out as either wifi or shop events across many countries outside of Japan.

Neat it's been announced, not terribly excited about it though. I suppose I'm currently indifferent about its design.

Years
  • Or perhaps instead of a typical wi-fi gift Hoopa appears in the player's team if one has an empty spot while entering the Pokémon center after receiving the Mystery Gift. It'll be like how Shedinja pops up when one evolves Nincada.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • (I just got on my computer and opened Serebii)
    Finally! Hoopa has officially been confirmed! I've been the most excited for Hoopa out of the Trio(Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion). Hoopa is also going to be in the 2015 Pokemon movie! can't wait for that! all in all, I'm really excited for Hoopa :)
    I hope Hoopa will WiFi event for Hoopa. that would be awesome.

Last edited:

JVS

The very best.
    Years
  • He may be referring to how Hoopa is in the Kalos dex (while not being in the Hoenn dex) thus is a Kalos mon. Interestingly though Arceus and several mons from Gen IV aren't part of any regional dex...so therefore not part of any region by that logic. Though I actually think he is thinking of them as the way most mons are thought of when it comes to which region they belong to, in other words the region that was introduced in the same generation they were.

Anyways in response to the original poster, it's been done before. Deoxys was first available in FrLg not RS or Emerald despite being a 'Hoenn' mon.

It is just as ORAS says. Hoopa appeared for the first time in Kalos, and, therefore, he is a Kalos pokémon. As Hoppip appeared in Jhoto and Treecko in Hoenn, you don't say they are from Sinnoh or from Kanto. They are from their homelands, the first region they appear in. It makes, for me, no sense to launch Hoopa only in ORAS since it's first appearance was in XY. That pokémon is from the region of Kalos, not from Hoenn. I know that every pokémon can travel through every region, but it's where they first appear that matter.

If we went like that, all the starters where from all the regions. They're on the dex.

I was talking to the guy above you ORAS, I just quoted you since you answered for me in the way I thought to do. Thanks ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2015
    Re: the Japan getting events before everyone else thing, are there not devices you can buy where you can download exact copies of the official 'wonder cards' from a 3rd party server? Including all the 'legacy' X and Y wonder cards that are also shareable to Or/As.

Pretty sure you can get all the Korean and wider world event cards, too.

Years
  • I heard those kind of devices don't work on OrAs due to the company fearing they'll be sued. Not sure how true that is...but if it is it makes me wonder if we truly know everything inside OrAs...

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Hopefully this will be a Mystery Gift event. God knows if they learned from the Diancie Event. Hopefully this one will be released wi-fi. I'm pretty excited if this will a good Pokemon or not. Also if this Pokemon is true, i wonder about the other two that were found in Pokemon X and Y. I'm sure they will release it when the movie comes out. and hopefully it's wifi.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hoopa's attack and special attack are looking really, really good: like, it already has 110 base attack and 150 base special attack on it's normal form which in other words is about, 350 attack and 438 special attack, but theeeen comes it's unbound form: 160 base attack and 170 base special attack, which is like, 460 attack and 482 special attack. @_@ wow. Then again it kinda doesn't like bug and dark attacks, soooo.. maybe that makes up for it?

Anywho,I do look forward to it! I wonder how it'll fit in though; like a sidestory for Hoopa in ORAS? Maybe one for like, a third game for X&Y? Hm.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    My reaction to the trailer.

Hoopa Officially Revealed!

Back