• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
  • This is looking absolutely amazing. I love the new tiles and I think they are much, much better than the old ones. The puzzle minigame you inserted looks very professional and it looks like it could have been in the original Fire Red ROM all along. The missions that you can only do at certain times of the day really interests me though. I think that is a spectacular idea and I'm really amazed to see it implemented. Also, seeing as you had changed the grass tile animation before, the new grass tile will also have a new animation, correct?

Good luck with the rest of the hack. I'll be watching this. :)

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    This game is awesome. I really dislike those people stealing your work and selling it. Don't get me started on that issue. Anyways though, great game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Could you perhaps make the game a little less offensive and silly? Use of the word "noob" in a game really does not bode well with me. Use of "O.o" makes it look less professional, too.

Most of the spelling is way off as well, I understand your English isn't the best, but there are spellcheckers which do come in handy. I have an example of the spelling, but due to that god-awful "no URLS to other sites until we deem that you have made a sufficient impact on this website, 15 posts", I cannot. Now, I'm not attacking your game; it's really quite good, but it could be a lot better if you cleaned it up, made it look more professional and cut down on the acronyms and other various silly things. Hate to seem like a critic.

ZZJ

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Could you perhaps make the game a little less offensive and silly? Use of the word "noob" in a game really does not bode well with me. Use of "O.o" makes it look less professional, too.

Most of the spelling is way off as well, I understand your English isn't the best, but there are spellcheckers which do come in handy. I have an example of the spelling, but due to that god-awful "no URLS to other sites until we deem that you have made a sufficient impact on this website, 15 posts", I cannot. Now, I'm not attacking your game; it's really quite good, but it could be a lot better if you cleaned it up, made it look more professional and cut down on the acronyms and other various silly things. Hate to seem like a critic.

ZZJ
    I think you've got this mixed up with the old Dark Cry.O_o

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Could you perhaps make the game a little less offensive and silly? Use of the word "noob" in a game really does not bode well with me. Use of "O.o" makes it look less professional, too.

ZZJ

Oh crap. Seriously, CALM DOWN!
    First of all, that's the old version.
    Why are you posting this in the
    new version's thread?
    Anyways, what's wrong
    with the word "noob"?
    Nintendo used it in D/P/P.

And also, "0.o" is an expression.
    It has NOTHING to do with whether
    the Hack is
    professional or not. It's
    not even related!!!

And the grammar mistakes will be
    corrected by me, if not, what
    are grammar correctors for?

Stop being a critic, okay?
    You're a major threat to this thread.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
  • Thanks for all the possitive commants people, I'm still annoy at the "Where is the beta or where can I download it" commants too all of the good and understand people just ignorethose @#!$. They will never learn it.
    ah well at the updates ^^

[highlight]:..:UPDATE:..: [/highlight]
    [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Please read first!
    Not much this time I just experiment with some new tiles that kyledove has made.
    I inserted the new Slowpoke well tiles from him to give a nice feel ^^ but where this update is really about is the new mining mini game in Dark cry :D
    I want too give Zel full credits for his idea to change the OW Variable too control the hammer or pick.
    Might you see the same text lines (2 times). Ofcorse I'll change it when I reached the end script. I scripted this in my own style and I didn't steal or used anything from the script from Zel, Thats also not possible because beta 6.0 never came out and I'll never steal other ones script...
    That would be unprofessional.
    So here I present the new tiles from Kyledove and the Mining mini game.
    Well...Enjoy :)

[highlight]Credits[/highlight]:
    Morris: The hammer and pick OW.
    Kyledove: Its new slowpoke tiles/small part of his map
    Zel: His awesome idea about the mining mini game
    Manipulation: Fxing the multibox error.

[highlight]Things that would be added/fixed[/highlight]:
    Note: This script is still WIP!
    - New text lines
    - Add a timer in the right corner with 1 minute countdown (possible ^^)
    - Other items

[highlight]Video[/highlight]:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSZ7Fvmjco
    Thats all people ^^
    -------------------------
    Mitchel1

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Credits to Manipulation for fixing my script.

Looks great, buddy. I see a few grammatical errors in there though, I'll point them out to you later. Good luck!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
  • First of all I must say that the new skin of PC is pretty...how can I say this...g*y. srry xD
    Not alot of commants sadly enough. Ah well new updates people :)

[highlight]:..:UPDATE:..: [/highlight]
    [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

READ FIRST!
    Like most people know I worked on an new script. This has took me a while because I worked on this like 3 hours and I'm already at 700 lines. So I hope you like it. It's based on the Hordle dash from HG/SS and its not added in a hack before. >Dante< and Link already has saw it and the where impressed.
    Btw. this will not be the full script this is just the "show" version. the real one will have above 1400 lines I'm afraid.
    so... enjoy

[highlight]Credits[/highlight]:
    Mitchel1 (me): Ripped the Hordle Dash tiles and improved

[highlight]Video[/highlight]:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMkbFj-0MC4

[highlight]How does it work?[/highlight]
    easy, this script will change your OW in the pokemon you've selected. When enter this "stadium" this script will control your OW you need to press A on the right time to collect points and records. When reach the end you points will get count and saved op jour card. With those points you can buy special items like Shiny Shard. This will make it possible to make 1 pokemon in your team shiny. But it will not be cheap, it'll cost above 3000points. and you can do only 1 mini-game at day.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • I love this idea. Its really awesome. Infact i havent seen anything like this in any other hack!!! it seems to be fully working right now. good job so far ;) looking forward to more updates.

off-topic: im just LOLing at 3 different members on this page having exaclty the same avatar... xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back