• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
  • Hey if you dont mind Im thinking about the TR Admins teams

Clyde's team would be:

Gyarados
    Nidoking
    Sneasel
    Gengar

Bonnie's would be:

Vileplume
    Houndoom
    Umbreon
    Nidoqueen

You can add pokemon if you like, or change the pokemon
    IMO they're well balanced teams

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Hey if you dont mind Im thinking about the TR Admins teams

Clyde's team would be:

Gyarados
    Nidoking
    Sneasel
    Gengar

Bonnie's would be:

Vileplume
    Houndoom
    Umbreon
    Nidoqueen

You can add pokemon if you like, or change the pokemon
    IMO they're well balanced teams

Pretty good teams, definitely Rocket-appropriate. I'm not sure if you ever get to battle the Admins, though. There are absolutely NO plans for that right now. But if you do, this is a good start for the teams.

Since they're just Admins, it might be preferable to knock Nidoking and Nidoqueen down to Nidorino and Nidorina, since Giovanni has a Nidoking and a Nidoqueen and it would make more sense for him to have Pokémon that "outrank" his Admins' Pokémon.

Also, I kind of wonder how Bonnie would get an Umbreon, since it's a happiness evolution and Team Rocket isn't supposed to have happy Pokémon. And if these teams do get used, they would have to be used in the Johto arc, since there are a bunch of Johto Pokémon on the teams.

All that will be irrelevant, though, if there's never a battle with an Admin. And right now there's no good reason for the player to have to battle their superiors. We'll see. Maybe Bonnie and Clyde go turncoat at some point.

Tony Montana

Years
  • Pretty good teams, definitely Rocket-appropriate. I'm not sure if you ever get to battle the Admins, though. There are absolutely NO plans for that right now. But if you do, this is a good start for the teams.

Since they're just Admins, it might be preferable to knock Nidoking and Nidoqueen down to Nidorino and Nidorina, since Giovanni has a Nidoking and a Nidoqueen and it would make more sense for him to have Pokémon that "outrank" his Admins' Pokémon.

Also, I kind of wonder how Bonnie would get an Umbreon, since it's a happiness evolution and Team Rocket isn't supposed to have happy Pokémon. And if these teams do get used, they would have to be used in the Johto arc, since there are a bunch of Johto Pokémon on the teams.

All that will be irrelevant, though, if there's never a battle with an Admin. And right now there's no good reason for the player to have to battle their superiors. We'll see. Maybe Bonnie and Clyde go turncoat at some point.

yeah, I agree with the Nidorina/Nidorina Idea.

But I placed Umbreon because I couldnt think of other pokemon. Maybe a Golbat/Weezing/Arbok/Persian

So the final teams would be:

Clyde:
    Gyarados
    Nidorino
    Sneasel
    Gengar

Bonnie:
    Vileplume
    Houndoom
    Nidorina
    Weezing/Golbat/Persian

Oh, and they could evolve Nidorina/Nidorino during Johto, since they are in charge now

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    The "secondary" starters, you mean? The first starter is definitely Rattata. I'm pretty sure that the ones you'll get to choose to steal after that are Oddish, Poliwag, and Vulpix. Not entirely positive, though, since that'd make the triangle a bit unbalanced; the first two are three-stage evos that can split two ways, the last one is just a two-stage evo. But I'll probably stick with it anyway.

Well, since there aren't any three-stage evos for fire pokemon other than the standard starters, maybe you can change the Oddish/Poliwag for two-stage Grass and Water pokemon. There's a fair amount of choice for the water ones (like Krabby, Goldeen, or Magikarp), but then the grass starter would have to be Exeggcute if you stuck to that plan...
    Well, at any rate, that's just my suggestion. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Pretty good teams, definitely Rocket-appropriate. I'm not sure if you ever get to battle the Admins, though. There are absolutely NO plans for that right now. But if you do, this is a good start for the teams.

maybe you battle them as a test to become an admin yourself?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010

well first of all i would like to say: nice hack! keep it up!

as for the Bonnie/Clyde parties: just because bonnie is evil doesn't mean her eevee is not happy, just think of it as she got the eevee when it was still a baby and raised it to be evil, just because it is evil doesn't mean that it won't like it's trainer... as for the nidoking&queen... there are nidoking stronger than others... i don't see the problem in having kings and queens too... IMO

IMO the parites are:

Bonnie:
    Espeon
    Sneasel
    Vileplume
    Nidoqueen

Clyde:
    Umbreon
    Houndoom
    Gengar
    Nidoking

p.s. as for kris... i think meganium should be her starter rather than typhlosion

no offense to your rom! this is all just my opinion

Tony Montana

Years
  • Yeah, I think Kris should have Meganium because Gold's supossed to get Typholsion, Silver is supossed to get Feraligatr and Kris the other starter.

Also i agree with the team changes, but i think the Nidorin@ should evolve in Johto, as they're in charge of TR since Giovanni left.

ckret2

Years
  • well first of all i would like to say: nice hack! keep it up!

as for the Bonnie/Clyde parties: just because bonnie is evil doesn't mean her eevee is not happy, just think of it as she got the eevee when it was still a baby and raised it to be evil, just because it is evil doesn't mean that it won't like it's trainer... as for the nidoking&queen... there are nidoking stronger than others... i don't see the problem in having kings and queens too... IMO

Good points, especially on the "evil =/= unhappy" thing. However, I've already got Bonnie characterized as cruel to Pokémon. She's the one that kills the Marowak in Pokémon Tower, and doesn't get much nicer throughout the game. Clyde doesn't have much of a character yet, though, so perhaps he could be kind enough to Pokémon to have an Eevee that evolves by happiness evolution.

(There's still the argument that if all the Pokémon knew from birth was cruelty, they could come to love a cruel trainer; however, I don't think Stockholm Syndrome-induced "happiness" counts towards happiness evolutions. So, they could evolve if they had an evil trainer that treated their Pokémon well, but not if they had any kind of trainer that treated their Pokémon badly.)

p.s. as for kris... i think meganium should be her starter rather than typhlosion

I've been hearing a lot of that lately, heh. Perhaps, but if Kris has Meganium, since there's no Gold in ToxicPurple, Silver would have to have Typhlosion, which means Red would have to have Blastoise for the three of them to have a triangle without any type overlaps. Which I'd kind of like, although that might be just me. But if not, ehn. Maybe I should put it to poll or something...

Too much trouble. I can go in and switch the rival teams in AdvanceTrainer any time, they can probably be decided any time.

no offense to your rom! this is all just my opinion

No offense taken. No worries.

Yeah, I think Kris should have Meganium because Gold's supossed to get Typholsion, Silver is supossed to get Feraligatr and Kris the other starter.

Again: Gold is not in the game, in any way, shape, or form. If neither Kris nor Silver has Typhlosion, ain't nobody got Typhlosion. Also, again: while some things in ToxicPurple will borrow ideas from the manga, it is not a manga-universe game.

Also i agree with the team changes, but i think the Nidorin@ should evolve in Johto, as they're in charge of TR since Giovanni left.

Oh, good idea. If Bonnie and Clyde are ever battled, I'll use that. If not, I'll find some other Rocket characters to use that idea on.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Well to be correct Silver has Feraligatr. Gold is the one with Typhlosion and Red owns a Venasaur, so if you're looking to keep it true to POKEMON then have Kris use a Typhlosion because then it will be full circle.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • Aha wow! That video was really good. The scripts are awesome, the text is awesome "Uh-oh! Hope mom and dad don't get caught!" That made me laugh. It has a good story and very rocket centralized. They even act like true rockets! By the way, if this hasn't been answered before (to your call of making a Magikarp Submarine):

- Revamp the surfing sprite to Magikarp
    - Rename "Surf" to ________
    - Give _______ no effect like splash, so it can't do anything in battle
    - Let worthless pokemon like Magikarp or Ditto learn it. Magikarp can be a premature Magikarp Submarine and Ditto can transform into the submarine!

That's the best way I could think of it :P And I don't think theres a way to do it with a key item though. That ties in with movement permissions and stuff. :S

Anyway, good luck on the hack!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Todoroki said:
    I've been hearing a lot of that lately, heh. Perhaps, but if Kris has Meganium, since there's no Gold in ToxicPurple, Silver would have to have Typhlosion, which means Red would have to have Blastoise for the three of them to have a triangle without any type overlaps. Which I'd kind of like, although that might be just me. But if not, ehn. Maybe I should put it to poll or something...

IMO you should give kris the meganuim, silver the Feraligatr and red a charizard

and about the starters: i think the starters should be pokemon with types more associated with team rocket... IMO it should be:

Grass: Cacnea

Fire: Houndoom

Water: Carvanha

because they all evolve only once and they are all the dark type (except cacnea, it is only dark when it evolves)

Last edited by a moderator:

ckret2

Years
  • Todoroki said:
    and about the starters: i think the starters should be pokemon with types more associated with team rocket... IMO it should be:

Grass: Cacnea

Fire: Houndoom

Water: Carvanha

because they all evolve only once and they are all the dark type (except cacnea, it is only dark when it evolves)

They're also all Johto and Hoenn Pokémon, when Team Rocket is a Kanto-based group that in the games exclusively uses Pokémon native to Kanto, except for the Sevii and Johto branches in Gen III and Gen II, which have used Houndour and Murkrow. Those are the only non-Kanto Pokémon ever used by Rockets, and there were only one or two Grunts that even had those.

In any case, remember where the starters come from? They're being stolen from a little girl named Diana. While it might be thematically (if not canonically) appropriate for a Rocket to have a Cacnea, Houndoom, or Carvanha, it would not be appropriate for a little girl to have them, both because they're not suitable Pokémon for a child of her age and obvious wimpiness, and because they're from regions that she has most likely never visited before.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    They're also all Johto and Hoenn Pokémon, when Team Rocket is a Kanto-based group that in the games exclusively uses Pokémon native to Kanto, except for the Sevii and Johto branches in Gen III and Gen II, which have used Houndour and Murkrow. Those are the only non-Kanto Pokémon ever used by Rockets, and there were only one or two Grunts that even had those.

In any case, remember where the starters come from? They're being stolen from a little girl named Diana. While it might be thematically (if not canonically) appropriate for a Rocket to have a Cacnea, Houndoom, or Carvanha, it would not be appropriate for a little girl to have them, both because they're not suitable Pokémon for a child of her age and obvious wimpiness, and because they're from regions that she has most likely never visited before.

yh... you got a point...

is it gonna be able to get the other starters in the game???... like bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander, chikorita, etc...

ckret2

Years
  • yh... you got a point...

is it gonna be able to get the other starters in the game???... like bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander, chikorita, etc...

There's a possibility that you'll be able to steal the leftover Kanto starter from Oak's lab, which probably means Squirtle. That one's iffy, though, because Oak will catch you trying to make the steal; perhaps you'll be able to come back and steal it later.

You'll also definitely be able to steal the leftover Johto starter from Elm, which will be either Chikorita or Totodile, depending on which starter Kris ultimately ends up with. I'll find a way to make all the other Kanto and Johto starters available as well, but those are the only planned methods I've got for for giving a starter so far.

The plan is that ultimately, ToxicPurple will let you catch every Kanto and Johto Pokémon. To balance out the ridiculous number of Pokémon you can catch in one game, a lot of them will be steal-only; you've only got one opportunity to get some evolutionary lines, so if you battle a trainer that you can steal one of those Pokémon from and you don't have an open slot in your party to accept the new Pokémon, you'll never get it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    As far as I know, you will steal one from Oak's lab later on

ok... cool man... thnks for telling me

There's a possibility that you'll be able to steal the leftover Kanto starter from Oak's lab, which probably means Squirtle. That one's iffy, though, because Oak will catch you trying to make the steal; perhaps you'll be able to come back and steal it later.

You'll also definitely be able to steal the leftover Johto starter from Elm, which will be either Chikorita or Totodile, depending on which starter Kris ultimately ends up with. I'll find a way to make all the other Kanto and Johto starters available as well, but those are the only planned methods I've got for for giving a starter so far.

The plan is that ultimately, ToxicPurple will let you catch every Kanto and Johto Pokémon. To balance out the ridiculous number of Pokémon you can catch in one game, a lot of them will be steal-only; you've only got one opportunity to get some evolutionary lines, so if you battle a trainer that you can steal one of those Pokémon from and you don't have an open slot in your party to accept the new Pokémon, you'll never get it.

oh thats cool... i personally prefer cyndaquil... so i hope you make him possible to get

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    U got a really good review in that hacking newspaper. U should be proud.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back