• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    how about when you want to catch new pokemon you can steal them from trainers, but have catching them from the wild available. also when you steal them from trainers they have that "trade effect" like they dont obey your orders and stuff

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • Hey congrats for winning HOTW! I think this hack deserves it. And to think the beta is getting closer...I just cant wait

Again, well done.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Awesome looking game. Very original, and from what I've seen very well done.
    It's hacks like these that inspire me to keep at it, in hopes that one day I'll create something great as well.
    Can't wait for the Beta! Keep going at it!

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • LOLz awsome hack. the beginning is really good. if you want i can try to help you guys with the battle trainer sprites (if you dont have any. i read first and last page.). i got a few names too. Pokemon:Shadows of kanto, Pokemon Shade, Pokemon shadows, Pokemon Fuschia, Pokemon Mauve. And there is unused theme music for team rocket in pokemon ruby/saphire. Some one could sound rip it or whatever its called. (team rockets theme from Johto)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    LOLz awsome hack. the beginning is really good. if you want i can try to help you guys with the battle trainer sprites (if you dont have any. i read first and last page.). i got a few names too. Pokemon:Shadows of kanto, Pokemon Shade, Pokemon shadows, Pokemon Fuschia, Pokemon Mauve. And there is unused theme music for team rocket in pokemon ruby/saphire. Some one could sound rip it or whatever its called. (team rockets theme from Johto)

Well, to be honest, out of all the names, ToxicPurple fits this the best. It's almost becoming known by it; why change it now? I rather like it. :3

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Do you want me to send you the map any time soon, I'v varied the grass(it's the last thing I do because when I'm making the map I don't bother with it till the end). If you happy with the map what map should I do next.

HOTW
    :surprised:
    Yeah!!!

Yeah, I'm definitely happy with it! If it's finished, do please send it.

Could you do Ilex Forest next? The tree arrangements are a little rigid in the original, so feel free to vary up some of the straight lines a bit, but keeping the same general pattern would be best. You can Viridian Forest's tileset. You should probably add grassy patches so that it'll be in tall grass that you run into Pokémon, rather than all over like in the original, since I think we'd have to make a bunch of new tiles that function differently for Ilex Forest to act like that.

I'll do Celebi's shrine myself, so you can just leave a 4-by-4 patch clear where the shrine should go for me to fill in later.

how about when you want to catch new pokemon you can steal them from trainers, but have catching them from the wild available. also when you steal them from trainers they have that "trade effect" like they dont obey your orders and stuff

If you could catch them in the wild, and if they didn't obey you if they were stolen, why would you ever steal a Pokémon? It'd be so much easier to just catch them wild and never bother to steal a trainer's Pokémon. That would just be... un-Rocket-like.

I've got a rough list of the Pokémon that can be stolen, subject to variation later on. Currently, it includes 32 evolutionary lines: a total of 59 different Pokémon, evolutions counted. It's based off of the list of version-exclusive Pokémon in FireRed and LeafGreen, the Pokémon that you can catch in one game but not the other. For the most part, stealing these Pokémon will be the only way to get them.

That won't hold true in ALL cases, though. Slowpoke is version exclusive to LeafGreen, but since you'll have a mission in Slowpoke Well, you'll definitely have opportunities to catch one outside of stealing it. For most of them, though, stealing will be the only option.

As for "trade effect," I'd really like to be able to do that, but so far don't know if there's a way for non-traded Pokémon to act like they're traded.

LOLz awsome hack. the beginning is really good. if you want i can try to help you guys with the battle trainer sprites (if you dont have any. i read first and last page.). i got a few names too. Pokemon:Shadows of kanto, Pokemon Shade, Pokemon shadows, Pokemon Fuschia, Pokemon Mauve. And there is unused theme music for team rocket in pokemon ruby/saphire. Some one could sound rip it or whatever its called. (team rockets theme from Johto)

Don't need any battle trainer sprites right now--we've got ones for the male, female, rival, the Admins, and a side character. Maybe, though. Do you have any proof of work?

Thanks for the suggestions, but by now, I think the name ToxicPurple is stuck. (And it kinda matches FireRed and LeafGreen in style, which is nice.)

Wow, I didn't know there was unused theme music. Thank you so much for the info, having Team Rocket's theme from Johto actually used in Johto would be awesome. I'll find a way to get it into ToxicPurple. Thanks for telling me about it!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    Is there beta 1 or something of the game I can download and play and witch page is it on?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    please tell me you plan to finish this. :3

Okay seriously, i like the sound of this, and mewtwo underlings just sound llike so much fun.

flyin_hawaiian

the one nobody knows...yet!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    ckret, this hack has potential. I like the scripts in the video. Oh and by the way, I offer you my help in any way I can.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i can help with teams,like red'skabutops should be a aerodactyl,as no matter what you pick in game,you can always get an aerodactyl

heres a team for gold,if your interested

Typhlosion(starter)
    hitmontop(tyrogue in mt. mortar)
    steelix(onix for trade in violet city)
    shiny gyarados(loke of rage)
    togetic(egg)
    shuckle(given away in cianwood)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    Looks Awesome!
    The idea of starting with a bad pokemon.
    LOL!
    Best hack ive ever seen.
    -MrMoogle23

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • i can help with teams,like red'skabutops should be a aerodactyl,as no matter what you pick in game,you can always get an aerodactyl

Typhlosion(starter)
    togetic(egg)

I think it will be Crys instead of Gold, since Red is the male playable character in Kanto, and she is the feamle character in Johto

You could put Meganium instead of Typhlosion btw

ckret2

Years
  • i can help with teams,like red'skabutops should be a aerodactyl,as no matter what you pick in game,you can always get an aerodactyl

Typhlosion(starter)
    togetic(egg)

Thanks for the suggestions, but like Tony Montana said, it's Kris, not Gold. With some suggestions from BrainDamage, this is probably going to be Kris's team:

Typhlosion (starter)
    Togetic (egg)
    Hitmontop (Mt. Mortar Tyrogue)
    Dragonite (Dragon's Den Dratini)
    Suicune (since it's a huge part of the Pokémon Crystal plotline, in which Kris debuted)
    either Electabuzz (Daycare Center Elekid egg) or Jolteon (Bill's Eevee)

So half of them are the same as your suggestions anyway. I don't much like Togetic, but after shuffling around with the random Daycare Center egg you get in Crystal and with the various Eeveelutions, I can't come up with a way to replace it without knocking off the team's balance. Kris COULD have Meganium, at which point Togetic and that sixth Pokémon could be either Magmar/Jolteon or Electabuzz/Flareon. However, Red's probably going to have Venusaur now, and if Kris has Typhlosion then Silver has Feraligatr, and so you've got a lovely Grass/Fire/Water triangle between the three of them which I rather like.

I think i've been looking forward to playing this more than Pokemon Platinum.

Thank you! I hope it'll turn out that good. I've got a feeling that when I reach Distortion World, all my hopes of ToxicPurple ever competing with Platinum will be thrown to the wind. But I didn't have much hope anyway, and Platinum still doesn't start off the game with the question "So, are you a boy, a girl, or a Galactic Grunt?" so I doubt that'll be too much of a downer.

For those who've been wondering, my lack of a lot of progress on this recently can be at least partially blamed on Platinum. (Huzzah for Team Galactic and their boss's utterly ridiculous aspirations for godhood.)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Finally settle on starters yet?

ckret2

Years
  • Finally settle on starters yet?

The "secondary" starters, you mean? The first starter is definitely Rattata. I'm pretty sure that the ones you'll get to choose to steal after that are Oddish, Poliwag, and Vulpix. Not entirely positive, though, since that'd make the triangle a bit unbalanced; the first two are three-stage evos that can split two ways, the last one is just a two-stage evo. But I'll probably stick with it anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back