• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Are you going to make it so players can name their Rattata starter if they want to? Did you take away the ability to name any of the pokemon players get, or just the starter?

No nicknames of pokemon or having to wait until further into the game to name them would be a major reason for me not to play this. That's why I want to know about that before getting into playing it.

Due to my incompetence at the time I made the original script, no, you can't nickname your Rattata or your second starter immediately. You also cannot immediately nickname Pokémon you steal, both because it's easier to script and because it doesn't make a lot of sense that when you steal a Pokémon you'd stand around to give it a nickname while its ex-owner is just sitting there staring at you.

However, you DO still get to nickname the Pokémon you catch in the wild as normal, and you WILL get to rename your Rattata and all stolen Pokémon at the Nickname Rater's place. You start the game in Saffron City, but then you immediately go to Lavender Town, which is where the Nickname Rater is located. So you'll get an opportunity to nickname the Rattata, just not immediately. (It's kind of like in R/S/E, where you first have to choose your starter and save the local professor before you get an opportunity to nickname the starter.) I'm also going to add another couple nickname raters or so scattered around, for the stealable Pokémon.

So, the only Pokémon you can't nickname immediately are the Rattata and the steal-only Pokémon, but it's still pretty easy to nickname them and the first opportunity to do so is VERY near the start of the game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    sprites

hellooooooo i am a trainer spriter and im am just sooooooooo intreagued by your hack! i thought you could use some trainer sprites so heres a look at my work :) YOU CANNOT USE THE WORK IM SHOWING YOU IT IS CURRENTLY BEING USED IN SOMETHING ELSE THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF MY WORK.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    hellooooooo i am a trainer spriter and im am just sooooooooo intreagued by your hack! i thought you could use some trainer sprites so heres a look at my work :) YOU CANNOT USE THE WORK IM SHOWING YOU IT IS CURRENTLY BEING USED IN SOMETHING ELSE THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF MY WORK.
    Your sprites aren't so good. Work on them, and there is no point in using the work that you're showing anyway. Actually, it's best to ask if you can be on the team through private message, so you're not just showing your sprites that you don't want anyone to use to the public.

Oh, I heard the alpha was out... I never really paid attention to this hack much, but it's starting to catch my attention! It seems so professional; the hack is in good, experienced and responsible hands... Good luck, ckret2!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    This is the first hack I've played (I'm such a newbie D:) and it's awesome.

Thanks for creating it, and I look forward to updates! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    In the next alpa at the start when prfessor oak is askin your name and stuff, are you gonna change oak to a rocket admin or something, and when he asks if your male or female change that to the guy on the trainer carad, and likewise to gary?

Great hack btw:) is the marowak mission the end of the beta?

In the next alpa at the start when prfessor oak is askin your name and stuff, are you gonna change oak to a rocket admin or something, and when he asks if your male or female change that to the guy on the trainer carad, and likewise to gary?

Great hack btw:) is the marowak mission the end of the beta?

Its okay i've just read the "bugs" part on the front page and seen tat your onto that:)

Last edited by a moderator:

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    I dont like the fact of how i cant catch another trainers poke with my pokeball. Can you fix that please? ): that cubone was mine ):< i mean theyre team rocket :o no wonder they couldnt really get pokemon in the anime

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Ja, you think it might be possiable to add a feature that will allow you to attempt to steal from pokemarts? It just seems like a good feature for a team rocket centered game.

Another feature that might be interesting is one that would allow you to steal and hold other trainers pokemon for ransom.

ckret2

Years
    I dont like the fact of how i cant catch another trainers poke with my pokeball. Can you fix that please? ): that cubone was mine ):< i mean theyre team rocket :o no wonder they couldnt really get pokemon in the anime

That would require going into the hex that composes the game and breaking apart the coding that controls how trainer battles work. Attempting to do that may well glitch the game to the point that it would be unable to function normally.

In any case, logically it wouldn't be a good idea. Pokémon that are caught with a Poké Ball are attached to the Poké Ball they're caught with, making it physically impossible for another Poké Ball to work on them.

Besides, doing that would make it ridiculously easy to catch whatever Pokémon you wanted, and stealing is supposed to be more of a challenge than that. You DO get to steal Pokémon from other trainers, but it's only specific trainers with specific Pokémon, and you don't steal them in the middle of battle. After the battle is over, you get the option to steal the Pokémon from its original trainer, Poké Ball and all.

But no, Poké Balls do not work like that. Nor would the game be very interesting if they did. Stealing is supposed to be a challenge; it's not as easy as lobbing a Poké Ball at any trainer's Pokémon and grabbing it.

Ja, you think it might be possiable to add a feature that will allow you to attempt to steal from pokemarts? It just seems like a good feature for a team rocket centered game.

Another feature that might be interesting is one that would allow you to steal and hold other trainers pokemon for ransom.

Hmm, attempted stealing. Certainly sounds interesting.

Note, if I do implement that, it will most certainly be ATTEMPTED stealing. It'll probably set so that one time out of five, you manage to steal something, but the other four times you get caught and fined for the attempt. Or something similar. :P I'll see if I can do something like that.

Already got the "steal Pokémon" feature covered in the game, but ransom... Also a good idea. I'll see if I can't set up some events where a Pokémon can be held ransom.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Wow. I just tested out the alpha and I must say that exceeded my expectations by far. I joined the forum for the sole purpose of tracking the progress of this hack. I really like the storyline of this particular project. It seems like the last Team Rocket hack I played through was really nothing more than a Pokemon game with the sprites changed and text slightly different. I really like how you are actually capturing what it is like to be a member of Team Rocket and not just your run-of-the-mill trainer. Plus, I really like the sense of humor that your writing conveys.

Great job! I look forward to continuing this adventure.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I highly doubt that a rocket member will be paying fines for trying to steal stuff.

Perhaps make it to were4/5ths of the time you get a item that isn't work much (A plain potion for example, or a berry of some sort) and 1/5th of the time you get a good item (ultra ball, protein, rare candy, pp up and other items like that.

ckret2

Years
    Wow. I just tested out the alpha and I must say that exceeded my expectations by far. I joined the forum for the sole purpose of tracking the progress of this hack. I really like the storyline of this particular project. It seems like the last Team Rocket hack I played through was really nothing more than a Pokemon game with the sprites changed and text slightly different. I really like how you are actually capturing what it is like to be a member of Team Rocket and not just your run-of-the-mill trainer. Plus, I really like the sense of humor that your writing conveys.

Great job! I look forward to continuing this adventure.

Thank you so much! :D I'm honored you're enjoying it so much. I'm certainly trying my hardest to really make this game like what the real experience of being in Team Rocket might feel like, so I'm glad you think I'm achieving that. (Also glad you like my sense of humor. :P)

I highly doubt that a rocket member will be paying fines for trying to steal stuff.

Perhaps make it to were4/5ths of the time you get a item that isn't work much (A plain potion for example, or a berry of some sort) and 1/5th of the time you get a good item (ultra ball, protein, rare candy, pp up and other items like that.

Well, they'd pay fines if they were caught in the act and arrested. :P That's what I meant by fines. In fact, there's already going to be at least one other situation where you can be temporarily caught by the police, and it's basically like an all-your-Pokémon-faint situation, because you respawn in a Rocket Base and lose a hefty amount of cash. Team Rocket thought it'd be easier to bail you out than to bust you out, and they're going to take the bail money out of your cash rather than use the Team's funds.

I don't want it to be a guaranteed success that you get something from the theft, because then what's to prevent you from just doing the steal script over and over and over and then selling all the items to buy decent supplies? (And yes, you can sell items; there are black market operatives scattered around that you can buy select items from and that you can sell your items to.) If 4/5 of the time you get something that can earn you a little bit of money and 1/5 of the time you get something that can earn you a lot of money, and there's no chance that you'll lose money, the Mart script would basically be a guaranteed supply of endless cash.

So there's going to be something of a "gamble" involved, so that there's a chance you'll lose money/items, and that will balance out the fact that you're getting free stuff. Unless Mart robbery is going to be once-per-location or something like that, and I don't like that idea much.

Alternative to the "fines" idea, perhaps instead you always have to pay operatives to try to steal stuff for you? If it's a set rate like $1000, then they could still go and get a Potion 4/5 of the time and something like a vitamin 1/5 of the time, so even though you're always getting an item, you'd lose money in the long run. Although I'll have to do the math on that. If you pay $5000 and get four Potions and a Carbos (based on the odds), you'd still be making a nice profit long-term. I'll find a way to make it more evened out.

I actually like that idea better than the fines. Thanks for protesting the fines idea. XD This is definitely an improved system, as soon as I work out the math properly so that there's an appropriate ratio between the imputted money and the hypothetical profits.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Thank you so much! :D I'm honored you're enjoying it so much. I'm certainly trying my hardest to really make this game like what the real experience of being in Team Rocket might feel like, so I'm glad you think I'm achieving that. (Also glad you like my sense of humor. :P)

Well, they'd pay fines if they were caught in the act and arrested. :P That's what I meant by fines. In fact, there's already going to be at least one other situation where you can be temporarily caught by the police, and it's basically like an all-your-Pokémon-faint situation, because you respawn in a Rocket Base and lose a hefty amount of cash. Team Rocket thought it'd be easier to bail you out than to bust you out, and they're going to take the bail money out of your cash rather than use the Team's funds.

I don't want it to be a guaranteed success that you get something from the theft, because then what's to prevent you from just doing the steal script over and over and over and then selling all the items to buy decent supplies? (And yes, you can sell items; there are black market operatives scattered around that you can buy select items from and that you can sell your items to.) If 4/5 of the time you get something that can earn you a little bit of money and 1/5 of the time you get something that can earn you a lot of money, and there's no chance that you'll lose money, the Mart script would basically be a guaranteed supply of endless cash.

So there's going to be something of a "gamble" involved, so that there's a chance you'll lose money/items, and that will balance out the fact that you're getting free stuff. Unless Mart robbery is going to be once-per-location or something like that, and I don't like that idea much.

Alternative to the "fines" idea, perhaps instead you always have to pay operatives to try to steal stuff for you? If it's a set rate like $1000, then they could still go and get a Potion 4/5 of the time and something like a vitamin 1/5 of the time, so even though you're always getting an item, you'd lose money in the long run. Although I'll have to do the math on that. If you pay $5000 and get four Potions and a Carbos (based on the odds), you'd still be making a nice profit long-term. I'll find a way to make it more evened out.

I actually like that idea better than the fines. Thanks for protesting the fines idea. XD This is definitely an improved system, as soon as I work out the math properly so that there's an appropriate ratio between the imputted money and the hypothetical profits.

Would you also be able to sell pokemon back? Like the pokemon that you buy from the black market?

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
    Great hack ! Loved the Alpha . Did you figure it out how to be not able to escape the Marowak ? If not , here are some ideas -
    1)You make Marowak a trainer . This will not allow escapes and capture .
    2) You can give Marowak the ability ' Arena Trap ' .

ckret2

Years
    Would you also be able to sell pokemon back? Like the pokemon that you buy from the black market?

I haven't come up with a system for that yet, but I'd assume that, yes, there'll be points where you can sell Pokémon. (I mean, if you're gonna keep them ransom, you may as well be able to sell them, too.)

And that'd be a good addition for a black market. When you buy normal items you can then sell those items back for half price; why not be able to sell back the Pokémon, too?

If I do that, though, I'm gonna have to figure out which Pokémon you can sell back, and for how much. I'll have to come up with a system that'll make sure it's impossible to, say, catch a Pokémon with a $200 Poké Ball and sell it for $1000, since that would be just another form of free money... I'll see what I can come up with.

Great hack ! Loved the Alpha . Did you figure it out how to be not able to escape the Marowak ? If not , here are some ideas -
    1)You make Marowak a trainer . This will not allow escapes and capture .
    2) You can give Marowak the ability ' Arena Trap ' .

Yep, I figured out a way. It'll be implemented in the next alpha. I've got a long description on how to do it a couple of pages back, for anyone who's interested. :P It's neither a trainer nor does it have Arena Trap; it's now set up so that if you run from it, it'll just stay there, so you'll just have to battle it again until you beat it. (Unfortunately, it also still stands there if you catch it, but in the next alpha it'll be impossible to get any Poké Balls/Great Balls before you battle it, so that won't be a problem.)

Last edited:

Dodahustle

Retrorific
    Years
    I'm a little confused. Is the end of the Marowak mission as far as it currently goes?
    And by the way, this is easily the best hack I've ever played... And I've played alot of 'em!

ckret2

Years
    I'm a little confused. Is the end of the Marowak mission as far as it currently goes?
    And by the way, this is easily the best hack I've ever played... And I've played alot of 'em!

Yes, that's where it ends for the time being.

And thank you, I'm glad you like it so much so far. :D

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    This is, literally, the best hack that I have ever seen, simply because of the Rocket premise (and the BRILLIANT humor - someone deserves a medal). I cannot wait.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back