• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    Sorry, but that's not a very good sprite. Completely incorrect shading, outlining and angling.
    Work on your sprites before you apply to help for a hack.

yea thats not my best work. that was a rushed sprite.

but my past work is good see

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    yea thats not my best work. that was a rushed sprite.

but my past work is good see

That's not really good, either. The OW's are too small compared to others. (Yep, I looked through your OW's in Paint. And no, I didn't steal your Sprites.)

I have nothing to say about the Sprites since I'm a OW Spriter, not a Spriter.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Here's a suggestion for the opening. I don't know if oyu planned to do this, but I think it sounds good, anyway. In the beginning when you see Oak and he tells you that you get a Rattata, I think that you should change the sprite for Oak to an Admin sprite, Nidoran to Rattata, and then change the call to match the Pokemon. I know that you're still in Alpha, I'm not trying to suggest that you do it immediately, but I think that it would be nice.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Here's a suggestion for the opening. I don't know if oyu planned to do this, but I think it sounds good, anyway. In the beginning when you see Oak and he tells you that you get a Rattata, I think that you should change the sprite for Oak to an Admin sprite, Nidoran to Rattata, and then change the call to match the Pokemon. I know that you're still in Alpha, I'm not trying to suggest that you do it immediately, but I think that it would be nice.
    But she already has an opening <<'.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    To all people who mention the Oak and Nidoran from the intro:

The start screen hasn't been changed, and all the sprites from the welcome-to-the-game-speech haven't been changed. They will be eventually.

From the very first post, thank you very much. I even bolded it, to help it stick out. No, that's not an Oak imposter talking to you, it's a plain old Rocket scientist. And yes, the Nidoran is supposed to be a Rattata. And the sprites of Red, Leaf, and Blue are supposed to be sprites of the Coreys and Leone. The sprites have not been changed yet. THEY WILL BE.

Seriously, after all the trouble I'm going through for this hack in the first place, why the heck would I do something as dumb as leave Oak's sprite the same? And even leave the Nidoran the same, when obviously from the dialogue it's supposed to be a Rattata?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    This looks really good.Improving when I stop by time to time.
    Your heroes also look good and its cool that you didnt do the generic rocket sprite or jessie and james.
    Good luck with this.^^

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I WILL MAKE YOU EVENTUALLY LIKE MY SPRITES!!!!!
    how about this protonagist?

First of all, you absolutely cannot "make" me like your sprites. People do not force other people into liking certain things.

Second, I don't recall saying that we need more spriters. I've got most of the trainer sprites covered myself, thank you, and when/if I need outside volunteers I will ask for them. I have not asked for any trainer spriters.

Third, I've already got protagonist sprites, both OW and Trainer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    First of all, you absolutely cannot "make" me like your sprites. People do not force other people into liking certain things.

Second, I don't recall saying that we need more spriters. I've got most of the trainer sprites covered myself, thank you, and when/if I need outside volunteers I will ask for them. I have not asked for any trainer spriters.

Third, I've already got protagonist sprites, both OW and Trainer.

oh sorry. i guss ill leave then.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey Ckret, would you mind if I attempted a sprite for Corey and Leone's intro sprites?All you gotta do is tell me what to makem look like :D

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
    Years
    To all people who mention the Oak and Nidoran from the intro:

From the very first post, thank you very much. I even bolded it, to help it stick out. No, that's not an Oak imposter talking to you, it's a plain old Rocket scientist. And yes, the Nidoran is supposed to be a Rattata. And the sprites of Red, Leaf, and Blue are supposed to be sprites of the Coreys and Leone. The sprites have not been changed yet. THEY WILL BE.

Seriously, after all the trouble I'm going through for this hack in the first place, why the heck would I do something as dumb as leave Oak's sprite the same? And even leave the Nidoran the same, when obviously from the dialogue it's supposed to be a Rattata?

*Headdesk* True that.

Anyways, I have a question.
    You said Red was going to be a rival in Toxic Purple, so what about Green/Gary?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back