• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2011
    ... What difference would it make whether or not I used the same flag? And the flag allowing Surf is the Fuchsia Badge flag, which means it's going to be a "promotion" flag.

sorry, when I posted my comment, it sounded like you were having trouble with how to avoid people surfing before they got a raft. as for fly; a rocket-copter idea, that sounds a way better than holding on to a tiny bird (also seems like a more Rocket move).

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • The TR chopper looks cool to replace Fly, so does the Magikarp boat to replace Surf.

Also, like I said before you could use some robotic arms like Doc Ock to move them. And use them to smash rocks (a.k.a. Rock Smash).

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I think the second map will be fine if you add some books and obviously trainers or at least people. That'll instantly jazz it up a bit. And if you're not wanting to add more people, you could have more stuff, for sure (like a mess of papers or maybe some closed/open books on the ground). Make it look cool/chaotic.

Hmm... It's a really hidden location--under lock and key and everything--so there won't be any trainers there naturally. But I can come up with a "companion" to come with you on your first trip down, he can hang around near the desk on the left side and that should fill in some of the space. And yeah, chaos is encouraged in this particular room (just looking at the peeling walls and everything :P) so I can toss a few more book piles around. Thanks!

sorry, when I posted my comment, it sounded like you were having trouble with how to avoid people surfing before they got a raft. as for fly; a rocket-copter idea, that sounds a way better than holding on to a tiny bird (also seems like a more Rocket move).

Ah, no, sorry for the confusion. xD It wouldn't be too hard to forbid people from using Surf before they're supposed to; I could just delay using that flag or delay handing out the move. If I let people get the Surf HM where they naturally get it, they wouldn't have access to it until long after they get the raft anyway.

The TR chopper looks cool to replace Fly, so does the Magikarp boat to replace Surf.

Also, like I said before you could use some robotic arms like Doc Ock to move them. And use them to smash rocks (a.k.a. Rock Smash).

Thanks, glad you like the chopper and boat. :D I've already settled on a Jackhammer for the Rock Smash replacement (we shall say it is a "miniature jackhammer" to make it easier to carry), and the Strength replacement is going to be some sort of portable soundwave-inducing machine, although I haven't settled on a precise design form for the machine yet.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Hmm... It's a really hidden location--under lock and key and everything--so there won't be any trainers there naturally. But I can come up with a "companion" to come with you on your first trip down, he can hang around near the desk on the left side and that should fill in some of the space. And yeah, chaos is encouraged in this particular room (just looking at the peeling walls and everything :P) so I can toss a few more book piles around. Thanks!

Yeah, I saw that room. I bet it's where you get your first promotion. If not, it's a room in Cinnabar Mansion. If not, it's a place over in Johto. If not, it's a place you go to AFTER Kanto and Johto.

And I heard about Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I'm a little over whelmed by all the new games they are coming out with. But I'm going to get both.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • The sound-wave-machine (or whatever its called) thing looks fine too.

And about the 2nd map, is it by chance where Mewtwo is created and you find it there for the first time, in Cinnabar Mansion probably?

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • So, are we going with the sound-wave idea for Strength? If so, what is producing it? Megaphone? Stereo? Speakers? I need to sprite it!!!

ckret2

Years
  • So, are we going with the sound-wave idea for Strength? If so, what is producing it? Megaphone? Stereo? Speakers? I need to sprite it!!!

Yep, we're going with the sound-wave idea. Where I'm stuck is with what's producing it. Not a megaphone, megaphones are for people to shout into and enhance their own voices; it doesn't produce its own sound, which is what this machine needs to do.

However it looks, it might have a speaker component, but it won't look like a plain speaker box or a boombox. We're probably talking Highly Advanced Carefully Constructed Machine here for the express purpose of shoving large objects around with the Power Of Sound. Make it a boombox-like design and people will think that scientists just took a regular boombox, turned the volume up really loud, and said they'd created a very intricate new machine.

... Actually, that'd be kind of funny. The Rocket Scientists make some amazing new technology and everyone thinks they're bluffing because it looks like just a normal boombox. Think you can design an ultra-high-tech boombox? Without all the normal buttons and slots for CDs/cassettes/radio, since this item's going to be a soundwave-inducer exclusively, not a music-producer.

Then again... maybe a few normal radio buttons. It can double as a radio. Maybe I can replace the Poké Flute with the Strength boombox, figure out how to edit the sound so that using the Poké Flute plays that unused Rocket song from R/S/E, and say you can use the boombox to wake up your Pokémon due to the sheer volume of the device. What a Rocket thing to do, wake up Pokémon by blasting their eardrums out.

But mostly, boombox shape, boombox speakers, but not the other dials or buttons or antenna and such.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Yep, we're going with the sound-wave idea. Where I'm stuck is with what's producing it. Not a megaphone, megaphones are for people to shout into and enhance their own voices; it doesn't produce its own sound, which is what this machine needs to do.

However it looks, it might have a speaker component, but it won't look like a plain speaker box or a boombox. We're probably talking Highly Advanced Carefully Constructed Machine here for the express purpose of shoving large objects around with the Power Of Sound. Make it a boombox-like design and people will think that scientists just took a regular boombox, turned the volume up really loud, and said they'd created a very intricate new machine.

... Actually, that'd be kind of funny. The Rocket Scientists make some amazing new technology and everyone thinks they're bluffing because it looks like just a normal boombox. Think you can design an ultra-high-tech boombox? Without all the normal buttons and slots for CDs/cassettes/radio, since this item's going to be a soundwave-inducer exclusively, not a music-producer.

Then again... maybe a few normal radio buttons. It can double as a radio. Maybe I can replace the Poké Flute with the Strength boombox, figure out how to edit the sound so that using the Poké Flute plays that unused Rocket song from R/S/E, and say you can use the boombox to wake up your Pokémon due to the sheer volume of the device. What a Rocket thing to do, wake up Pokémon by blasting their eardrums out.

But mostly, boombox shape, boombox speakers, but not the other dials or buttons or antenna and such.
    Aye, aye, cap'n. :D

I'm gonna be busy tomorrow night, but I can get it to you by friday.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Yep, we're going with the sound-wave idea. Where I'm stuck is with what's producing it. Not a megaphone, megaphones are for people to shout into and enhance their own voices; it doesn't produce its own sound, which is what this machine needs to do.

Haha, yes! That would be perfect. I would love a scene where you're getting the device and people will laugh at you and the scientists. I bet you could make that pretty awesome, ckret2!

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    sounds and looks cool i'll get it once i'm done playing LC by linkandzelda so ya i'll get it soon

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2011
    Make it a boombox-like design and people will think that scientists just took a regular boombox, turned the volume up really loud, and said they'd created a very intricate new machine.

Hey, if it goes up to 11.

I like the idea of using the Sound-Box as a Poke-Flute, especially if it has a volume dial (tone down the volume so your pokemon doesn't shot across a cave). Also, I was looking over the map of the very first room (where you get your rat), and noticed there is a warp-pad sitting in the corner. Could this be used to go to your Promotion site?

ckret2

Years
  • Aye, aye, cap'n. :D

I'm gonna be busy tomorrow night, but I can get it to you by friday.

Sounds good. :D Can't wait to see it.

Hey, if it goes up to 11.

I like the idea of using the Sound-Box as a Poke-Flute, especially if it has a volume dial (tone down the volume so your pokemon doesn't shot across a cave). Also, I was looking over the map of the very first room (where you get your rat), and noticed there is a warp-pad sitting in the corner. Could this be used to go to your Promotion site?

There's not a volume dial; it's a key item, not a real radio. It will act like a regular Poké Flute except it will play a different song, and once you have it in your bag you will be capable of using Strength, and it will trigger other scripts. That's what the item can do.

And no, the warp is not for that. The promotion site is inside the break room. Notice that there's no way back into the first room once you leave it? There is a reason that there's no doorway back: it's because you never go back into that room again. There's also a reason why that warp is completely off-screen and invisible inside the actual game: it's because you're never supposed to see it, reach it, or use it.

I put it there so that, when I'm test-running the game to make sure my scripts are working right, I can go into AdvanceMap and change the movement permissions so that I can walk behind that table, change the warp to go to any room I want, and then be able to start a new game and jump directly to where my script takes place. When I need to start a new game and go battle Marowak to make sure that it actually sets the flag and says the dialogue it's supposed to, I absolutely do not want to start a new game, get a rat, go outside, get a Pokédex, get a Silph Scope, battle a Psychic, battle a bunch of Channelers, and then get up to the top of Pokémon Tower, only to discover I scripted the flag wrong and have to fix it and start the process all over again. The warp allows me to get a rat, warp to the top of Pokémon Tower, and start the battle.

I explained this several pages ago. The warp is for game-testing use, not for player use, and if anyone uses a cheat to get behind the table and use that warp, they will find themselves stranded in Viridian, where there is no way back and no hacked content whatsoever to make up for being stranded.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Nice game so far. I already finished the first Alpha, I hope the next release is coming soon!!

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    I played Alpha and I have to say I enjoyed playing it. It was very epic!
    I support you and I can't wait till the next update!

Last edited:

ckret2

Years
  • I played Alpha and I have to say I enjoyed playing it. It was very epic!
    I support you and I can't wait till the next update!

Thanks, glad you like! :D

Can someone post the download for the latest version

The download for the latest version is on the front page. That IS the latest version.

This, technically, could be classified as "asking for a release," which is against the rules. Game creators don't like being harassed by a bunch of people going "Where's the latest version? Can I have it? When's it going to be up?" I mean, it's not like we're even being paid for this. :P We work on the hacks and get updates posted when we find time.

It's especially annoying if an answer is already given, as it is here: the latest version's downloadable on the front page, at the bottom of the first post. You have to patch it onto a FireRed rom to get it to work, and there are instructions on how to do that in the general Emulation section.

Typically, most ROM hackers will just report or ignore people asking for a release date or a download, especially if that info has already been given. However, I happen to think that anyone with Cthulhu in their name (and spelled correctly, no less) deserves at least a little respect. :D

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Hmm, the ghosts are a pain :frowny face:
    Maybe you should add more type of pokemon at the beginning to be able to be stolen, for example that voltorb the freak has 4 :o
    (BTW I will keep giving suggestions :D)

ckret2

Years
  • Hmm, the ghosts are a pain :frowny face:
    Maybe you should add more type of pokemon at the beginning to be able to be stolen, for example that voltorb the freak has 4 :o
    (BTW I will keep giving suggestions :D)

Thanks, suggestions are appreciated. :D

Sorry the ghosts are so annoying. BTW, the one Channeler on the bottom floor with a Gastly will have her Pokémon changed to something else. Something a Rattata can attack. That way, on your way to the top of Pokémon Tower, the only Ghost-types you'll have to deal with are wild, so you can run from them if you don't want to and/or can't fight. (Luckily, Rattata has a 50% chance of having Run Away. So that'll make it easy to run.) On your way back down, you'll get to start catching other Pokémon.

I don't want to have two Pokémon steals so early so close to each other (Diana and that Nerd), and most of the ones you can steal will be really rare ones. Otherwise it'll start to look like you can steal Pokémon from every third Trainer, which kinda destroys the challenge of it.

You'll get to start stealing more Pokémon starting in Rock Tunnel, which is the next area that'll be opened up in the second alpha. When it gets done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back