• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Explore

Graphic Designer
Years
  • What do you mean by "bannerish thing"? Do you have an example you've done for another hack, by any chance?

Like, a big front graphic for the first post, to go ahead of the info.

I'm just starting out on this site, I could do something up and email it to you for approval/disapproval.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Hahas. Nice and Funny hack =D
    I'm supporting this hack so GOGOGO !

Is the beta version suppose to end after dealing with Marowak ?
    hahas

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Is there any website that offers this rom because I really want to play this game on the ds! P.S. I have tried patching this rom already.

Download GBA Tool on GBAtemp (easy to find).
    SRAM Patch the rom. (you will get a new rom named output-name_of_the_rom.gba).
    Fix Header of the rom.
    It should be OK.
    At least, it works for me.

EDIT : GBA Tool is useful to make many hackrom work on DS flash cards.
    It's common to have to srampatch and headerfix a game to make it work on DS.

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I haven't seen many new updates in a while hope every things going well
    I am anticipating the next release

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I haven't seen many new updates in a while hope every things going well
    I am anticipating the next release

Haven't had a lot to update lately. School's about to be let out, which means a whole lot of end-of-year-stuff. Plus, my tools have been acting buggy the past few days, for some reason.

But progress is still being made! I finally got all the bugs worked out of the promotion script, woohoo. Except I need to level down the Pokémon a bit. It's not hard to get higher-leveled Pokémon by the time you get to the promotion battle, but they've got a bunch of custom moves that are annoying as heck. Every other move will paralyze you, poison you, or blind you. Oy. Definitely need to be leveled down a bit, because I don't really want to change the movesets.

Other than that, though, and finishing making the new trainer sprite, at least that part is done. One huge, annoying script. After that, doing the hostage situation should be a piece of cake. :P

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • I played this hack and I really enjoyed it, there were flawless scripts and funny speech etc. However, the one problem that I have is the story line. I hate how you enter the game as already completed training to get a pokemon. I would love the "rocket training camp." If you ever need a break, and have time to spare, you should check out this video: https://www.megavideo.com/?v=X0FZTRF4

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I played this hack and I really enjoyed it, there were flawless scripts and funny speech etc. However, the one problem that I have is the story line. I hate how you enter the game as already completed training to get a pokemon. I would love the "rocket training camp." If you ever need a break, and have time to spare, you should check out this video: https://www.megavideo.com/?v=X0FZTRF4

Training Daze? Thanks, seen it. I watched it as research, to see if it had anything useful for ToxicPurple. :P

Training would be pretty boring to play through. It would mostly be physical training (which means you direct your sprite to run back and forth, which is kind of pointless), or it would be education (which means you listen to a sprite ramble for a dozen paragraphs about the world of Pokémon or some such nonsense), or it would be learning how to battle with Pokémon (and come on, who among us doesn't know how to do a Pokémon battle? That's why we're all here). It would essentially be an overglorified tutorial and a time-waster at the beginning of the game when you could jump straight into the action just as easily. The story starts best at the beginning of the action.

If it helps, there are going to be references to stuff that happened during the Player's hypothetical training, particularly once you reach Cerulean. You also might get to visit a Rocket training facility at some point, which will pretty much be a parody of the ridiculous Trainer's School that every game has. ("Gee, memorizing all these notes is hard work!" "5 ways to pickpocket a Rich Boy in a crowded PokéMart...")

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Ok I understand, but I think that it would be possible to have some inventive training approaches, but again, the hack is great without them :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2013
    Glitch:

I caught marowak with one of the great balls in the tower - after it was still there.

Hope this helps

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    Glitch:

I caught marowak with one of the great balls in the tower - after it was still there.

Hope this helps

This has already been made known to Ckret. If you bothered to read at least a few pages back you would have known that. The glitch has been dealt with by the removal of the great ball.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    I love this. I honestly can't wait for the completed version.
    Team Rocket based game? Always bonus points after all, haha
    Anyway, keep up the good work!

Mikaru

Keyblade master xD
    Years
  • i no its a great game, cant wait till i get to steal more pokemon >=]
    lol but yea great game and good luck hacking =]

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • VERY good job on this! I like the idea (I was never against Team Rocket hacks, anyway), and the storyline, the sprites and the scripts are excellent! I simply can't wait to see what else you're going to show the public, and I can't wait to play it! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back