• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2010
    Hey, I'm new to the site, but it was your hack that originally got me interested in all this stuff! So, great job, I'm playing your ROM now. It's awesome. ^-^

I did notice a glitch though. If you operate a computer (I operated the one in the room in the base with the map of all the towns with operatives and bases) Prof. Oak can still rate your Pokedex. But wouldn't he, you know, not rate it or alert an officer or something? I don't know if you can edit that or anything, but I thought I'd just let ya know. =)

But, really, great work! =D

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Oh, also a question. Are the 386 obtainable? If so, how are trade-based pokemon and happiness-based pokes going to evolve? Are their evolution requirements going to be hacked, so they evolve through level/stones?

Also been addressed multiple times in this thread. The first 251 will all be obtainable, and perhaps a few Hoenn Pokémon. Don't expect Sinnoh Pokémon. Trade-based Pokémon will be evolved through the use of a Rocket-built item called the PokéToaster, which is used to brutally force-evolve Pokémon. What fun. All trade evo, time-based evo, and Moon Stone evo Pokémon will be evolved by use of the PokéToaster. Team Rocket classifies such Pokémon as "difficult" evolutions, and so instead of taking the time and love to evolve them naturally, Team Rocket just shoves them in the toaster and forces the evolution. Espeon will still evolve by happiness—because, for one thing, it's always daytime in FR/LG, so it would make sense for Espeon to get to evolve that way, and for another thing, if you take the time to make it happy enough, you deserve that evolution. Umbreon will need the PokéToaster because it's never night in FR/LG and because, as a Dark-type, having a "darker" origin to its evolution would make sense. Most other happiness-based evolutions will probably have two options, you can either evolve them by happiness OR by the PokéToaster, and still get the same Pokémon out of it at the end.

Hey, I'm new to the site, but it was your hack that originally got me interested in all this stuff! So, great job, I'm playing your ROM now. It's awesome. ^-^

I did notice a glitch though. If you operate a computer (I operated the one in the room in the base with the map of all the towns with operatives and bases) Prof. Oak can still rate your Pokedex. But wouldn't he, you know, not rate it or alert an officer or something? I don't know if you can edit that or anything, but I thought I'd just let ya know. =)

But, really, great work! =D

Yep, I've noticed that. There's going to be some NPC that explains it later on; Prof. Oak has multiple trainers out working on Pokédexes, and the online rating system is anonymous. So, he doesn't know who actually owns the Pokédex he's rating, and probably just assumes that it's one of the kids he sent out. He's a very busy man.

(Basically, that's just a justification for not bothering to change all of those scripts.)

The Pokémon world's online services can be pretty anonymous; Bill is known as "Someone" until you meet him. This is also one of the reasons any Pokémon you steal can't be automatically sent to the PC. Catching a Pokémon naturally will register it to you and you can send it to the PC just fine, but stealing a Pokémon means that you own a Poké Ball registered under another Trainer's name. You have to physically deposit it in a PC to make sure it's registered to your name, otherwise if it's automatically sent to the PC it's just returned to the original trainer's box. All this is info that some pro-Rocket Super Nerd will give you in-game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Also been addressed multiple times in this thread. The first 251 will all be obtainable, and perhaps a few Hoenn Pokémon. Don't expect Sinnoh Pokémon.

Great, I was not expecting Sinnoh. I think 3rd gen should stay 3rd gen. I WOULD indeed like 3rd gen pokes, but if you feel it's better not to, then it's better not to. It is your hack, after all, and despite us fans agreeing or not, on ultimate analysis it IS true that you're doing that for free and at the expense of your own time: no one has the legitimacy to "demand" whatever it is of you. (which is my polite, semi-eloquent and incredibly farfetch'd way of saying "I REALLY want 3rd gen pokes in there but I REALLY don't want to tell that to you directly" xD)

As for the PokeToaster... LMAO! Great idea though!

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2010
    Ah, okay, that explains it. XD I wondered for a moment you were referring to the fact that the female Grunt mentions that a second Scope exists somewhere and thought you'd be able to get it later... the second one she's referring to is the one that Red will steal from Giovanni.

I certainly hope so!

Funny you should mention that... There's a similar event planned for later on in the game, as it happens...

So wait... If there's only two, Red steals one and the other's yours, what about Leone? Isn't he on the mission too? (I haven't gotten all the way to the tower yet, I recently downloaded it, so if he doesn't have the mission, ignore my noobishness... heh...)

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    no offense but you really need to get rid of all the potions and berries the trainers use. it gets annoying

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    no offense but you really need to get rid of all the potions and berries the trainers use. it gets annoying

There's supposed to be some sort of challenge to the game. It's not like everything should be easy. :/

ckret2

Years
  • Great, I was not expecting Sinnoh. I think 3rd gen should stay 3rd gen. I WOULD indeed like 3rd gen pokes, but if you feel it's better not to, then it's better not to. It is your hack, after all, and despite us fans agreeing or not, on ultimate analysis it IS true that you're doing that for free and at the expense of your own time: no one has the legitimacy to "demand" whatever it is of you. (which is my polite, semi-eloquent and incredibly farfetch'd way of saying "I REALLY want 3rd gen pokes in there but I REALLY don't want to tell that to you directly" xD)

As for the PokeToaster... LMAO! Great idea though!

XD Noted. There are going to be some 3rd gen Pokémon in the game, just not a lot. 3rd gen "babies" that you get from incense and such will be available, some wild ones will be available in the water (because it makes sense that Water Pokémon would swim all over the place), and some will be steal-able from foreign Trainers. Dunno how many other than that will be included. Perhaps some can be bought through a Pokémon black market.

So wait... If there's only two, Red steals one and the other's yours, what about Leone? Isn't he on the mission too? (I haven't gotten all the way to the tower yet, I recently downloaded it, so if he doesn't have the mission, ignore my noobishness... heh...)

Leone has the mission, but he didn't pick one up. :P When he catches up with you in Pokémon Tower, he mentions that he didn't get a Silph Scope and had to run past a bunch of ghosts to get to the top of the tower. Bonnie was expecting the two of you to go together, and so she'd thought one would be enough. Leone had other plans, to his misfortune.

Some will be removed, especially from the non-plot-essential trainers. Not all will, though.

And you can always counter heal items with heal items. There's vending machine items available in the Rocket Base, after all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    XD Noted. There are going to be some 3rd gen Pokémon in the game, just not a lot. 3rd gen "babies" that you get from incense and such will be available, some wild ones will be available in the water (because it makes sense that Water Pokémon would swim all over the place), and some will be steal-able from foreign Trainers. Dunno how many other than that will be included. Perhaps some can be bought through a Pokémon black market.

IMO, that water pokemon argument is not THAT true. I mean, on the real planet Earth, you don't see every kind of fish everywhere. You see codfish near finland, you see sharks in the warmer waters, you see dolphins on pure waters, you see eels in darker places...

The idea of foreign trainers is cool though. And such is that one of the black market, I liked it a lot! Maybe with 2 or 3 more ideas the rest of the pokes can be implemented, so that all 386 are catchable (sorry for my insistance, but variety means more ways to be creative on teams, and I absolutely LOVE being creative!)

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • IMO, that water pokemon argument is not THAT true. I mean, on the real planet Earth, you don't see every kind of fish everywhere. You see codfish near finland, you see sharks in the warmer waters, you see dolphins on pure waters, you see eels in darker places...

The idea of foreign trainers is cool though. And such is that one of the black market, I liked it a lot! Maybe with 2 or 3 more ideas the rest of the pokes can be implemented, so that all 386 are catchable (sorry for my insistance, but variety means more ways to be creative on teams, and I absolutely LOVE being creative!)

Hm... I think a lot of people would be happy if you could steal all of the starters, a lot of the good Hoenn Pokemon, (Aron and family, Ralts and family, maybe some of your favorites, ect.) and I would love something about the legendaries. Like you're sent on a mission to catch a Legendarey to help with Team Rocket's plans, but you turn good and use it against them! 8D But, that's just an idea. Don't have to use it if you don't want to. And I would love a battle with Giovanni sometime in the game...

ckret2

Years
  • Hm... I think a lot of people would be happy if you could steal all of the starters, a lot of the good Hoenn Pokemon, (Aron and family, Ralts and family, maybe some of your favorites, ect.) and I would love something about the legendaries. Like you're sent on a mission to catch a Legendarey to help with Team Rocket's plans, but you turn good and use it against them! 8D But, that's just an idea. Don't have to use it if you don't want to. And I would love a battle with Giovanni sometime in the game...

XD Don't expect any faction-switching, the point of this game is to get to play on the pro-Rocket side all the way through. That doesn't eliminate the possibility of a battle against Giovanni, though.

There will definitely be some legendary missions/events, though, and among third gen legendaries, Deoxys will be present. (Yeah, it's available in FR/LG already, but only through a Nintendo event and on the Sevii Islands. This is gonna be a completely different sideplot and, obviously, you won't need to do the Nintendo event to get it. :P)

I'm not entirely sure what other third gen Pokémon will be available. The only guarantees for now are Deoxys, the Trapinch evolutionary line, and Incense-based baby Pokémon. All others will be decided upon later.

In other news, due to the fact that I screwed up an attempt to turn a new Rocket Base into a place where you teleport when you faint, I had to go back to one of my earlier saved roms, causing me to lose two maps and a bunch of Trainers. Ack. Henceforth, I will back-up the rom file before attempting to screw around with the map header.

... I dunno why I'm telling you all this, I'm just griping.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012

:O
    black market is a sick idea haha like there could be a place where you could go and theyd have pokemon for sale, but different pokemon like for every 5000 steps u take or something.like i mean when u take 5000 steps the pokemon for sale will change to 5 random others. and the selection would be random out of like 50 possible ones. not like mewtwos but stuff that u dont see alot like electabuzzes or octillerys or magcargos you know that type of idea cuz they might not be that good but they are still fun to use, u know refreshing

oh and i was just thinking that i dont like how some ppl say that all 386 should be available. i dont even see why all 251 johtos should be there, i mean we aint trying to put together a complete red brick thingy (whatever u called it lol) we are trying to exploit what we DO have for our own good! haha we need to get into the rocket mindset i think!

Years
  • based on the step idea, how about the daycare center every certain amount of steps (a very large amount) you can go to the daycare and steal a random egg, just a fun little sidequest to get a random pokemon egg every so often
    i just like pitching ideas :)
    and i would get into rom hacking but, it all seems so complicated (just saying)

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • I'm not entirely sure what other third gen Pokémon will be available. The only guarantees for now are blah...blah...blah...blah........
    All others will be decided upon later.
    GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR

.....I mean....*cough*.....
    It's not like Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon or anything and I'm trying to incoporate Gardevoir into a game with ONLY Fakemon except for Gardevoir (jeez, what a long sentence).

And what's with your hack getting so many replies? Mine's still stuck on the 2nd page. TwT

ckret2

Years
  • :O
    black market is a sick idea haha like there could be a place where you could go and theyd have pokemon for sale, but different pokemon like for every 5000 steps u take or something.like i mean when u take 5000 steps the pokemon for sale will change to 5 random others. and the selection would be random out of like 50 possible ones. not like mewtwos but stuff that u dont see alot like electabuzzes or octillerys or magcargos you know that type of idea cuz they might not be that good but they are still fun to use, u know refreshing

Possibly... but I don't think a lot of Pokémon will be available through a black market system. Just a few rare, "in demand" Pokémon that would go for high prices, like Dratini, Ditto, Larvitar, Castform, Beldum... Not saying those all WILL be in the black market (if that system is even used), but that's the kind of Pokémon that would most likely make it in.

oh and i was just thinking that i dont like how some ppl say that all 386 should be available. i dont even see why all 251 johtos should be there, i mean we aint trying to put together a complete red brick thingy (whatever u called it lol) we are trying to exploit what we DO have for our own good! haha we need to get into the rocket mindset i think!

XD Thanks for saying that. It was never my plan to have all 386 to begin with. As for the 251, the reason they'll all be available is because, for one thing, I don't want to leave out a Pokémon that someone might want (I happen to like Slowpoke AND Psyduck, but they're version exclusive to LeafGreen and FireRed, respectively), and making all 251 available makes it easier to decide what Pokémon will be steal-only. In truth, there may end up being a little less variety of wild Pokémon in the grass (even if those Pokémon appear in new areas, like Zubat in Pokémon Tower), because nearly all FR/LG "version exclusive" Pokémon will be steal-only, in addition to many Pokémon that weren't in FR/LG to begin with. So, all 251 are in the game, but a lot of them can only be acquired one way: through theft. You'll even have to steal Ekans or Meowth if you want them.

GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR GARDEVOIR

.....I mean....*cough*.....
    It's not like Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon or anything and I'm trying to incoporate Gardevoir into a game with ONLY Fakemon except for Gardevoir (jeez, what a long sentence).

And what's with your hack getting so many replies? Mine's still stuck on the 2nd page. TwT

A very subtle request. :P You know, I'm planning on making Trainers for members of the main hacking team anyway; I've got a good idea for what Pokémon you'd like on your team. Anything other than a Gardevoir? No legendaries or fourth gens. (I'm thinking you'll be able to provide players a Gardevoir through theft. It'll probably be a female Gardevoir so that players can breed it more easily, if they want to start with Ralts.)

As for why it's getting so many replies? I dunno. Maybe because I list a lot of stuff on the front page? I stick around to look at threads that have a lot of info. And I end up having a lot of long discussions with various posters... Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that a lot of people must really want a Team Rocket game. Either that, or a game without HM slaves.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    Sorry if this has already been addressed, I admit I don't feel like reading through every page >.<

I just wanted to point out that Marowak is uber-easy if you just use the great ball you get to catch a Gastly. You can just sit there and lick it to death. I suggest giving Marowak some kind of move that can hit Gastly to make it more of a challenge :)

Looking great so far!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Sorry if this has already been addressed, I admit I don't feel like reading through every page >.<

I just wanted to point out that Marowak is uber-easy if you just use the great ball you get to catch a Gastly. You can just sit there and lick it to death. I suggest giving Marowak some kind of move that can hit Gastly to make it more of a challenge :)

Looking great so far!

I think, technically, that has pretty much been addressed.. although more people seemed to have used that Great Ball to catch Marowak. FYI, that Great Ball wasn't supposed to be there D;

edit: and won't be in the next release.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Is the guy in Saffron City (located in the bottom row of the houses, last one on the right) supposed to give you a Psychic TM?

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Is the guy in Saffron City (located in the bottom row of the houses, last one on the right) supposed to give you a Psychic TM?

In the next release he wont give you the tm
    this has been said before

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    WEll, just finished the Alpha in the first post, can't wait for this game to be released, it is fabulous so far. And >_>, don't take out Mr. Psychic, Psychic on my Poliwag is awesome

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back