• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
  • The moltres and zapdos thing i was thinking of was how in the manga each person like red, green, and blue each got paired up with one of the legendary birds after team rocket captured them do you know what im talking about?

I've heard of the arc, but haven't read it; it won't be included in this. No plotlines from other sources are going to be included in ToxicPurple. On occasion I'll include some characters (like Jessie, James, and Meowth) or some concept (like the idea of Silver being Giovanni's kid) from some other version of Pokémon canon, but no plots or sub-plots are being taken from any other sources. Unless you count the original games, since the events in ToxicPurple parallel the events going on in Gens 1 and 2.

Like I said, two of the three legendary birds will have a direct role in the main plotline. All three will eventually be catch-able. Nothing like their manga roles, though. And definitely no Zapmolcuno.

Great hack, I really think this will be awesome.

But whatever are you to do about the Hitmons?

(If it was my call, I would have removed the Karate Master and his disciples from the Gym with the excuse that they were training in Mt. Mortar so you steal one pokemon, and only one because he might get suspicious when he returns, only to fight him during Johto.)

There's already a plotline in place to allow you to steal one of the Hitmons. I'm not gonna contradict canon and say, "they all randomly ran off to Mt. Mortar and conveniently left the gym empty without a guard," though. You'll get to steal the Hitmon while Team Rocket is in control of Saffron. I've yet to decide on whether or not I'll find other ways to make the remaining two Hitmons and/or Tyrogue available later on in the game, or if you'll just have to turn your first one into breeding stock to get the rest.

Either way, though, there's already a method for getting a Hitmon.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    WTF IT RESETS! I CANT PLAY I PATCHED WITH LEAF GREEN IT DOES THE INTRO THEN IT RESTARTS I PICKED THE GIRL...RESTARTED... PICKED THE BOY...RESTARTED>>> WTH IS WRONG WITH IT

Uhm, well, first, don't type in all caps. It's annoying as hell to read.

Second, this hack is for FireRed. Not LeafGreen. Don't use LeafGreen. Even though they might be similar, LeafGreen's data could be stored in a different place, making it not work. So, yeah, use FireRed.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • This looks promising... but, just a suggestion, if you are going to be able to teach Surf to a pokemon, it is in your best intrests to be able to teach Strenth. It is good, solid damage and is only replaceable by Return/Frustration (not all that viable if your going to constantly switch members) and MAYBE body slam (does less damage).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2021
    This looks promising... but, just a suggestion, if you are going to be able to teach Surf to a pokemon, it is in your best intrests to be able to teach Strenth. It is good, solid damage and is only replaceable by Return/Frustration (not all that viable if your going to constantly switch members) and MAYBE body slam (does less damage).
    First of all, Body slam does more damage than strength and has a paralysis chance (85 base pow with 30% paralysis), so Body Slam>>>Strength in all cases and everyone and their mother can learn body slam through breeding.

Second, and this is directed at ckret, are you going to make the HMs work like TMs? The reason I ask is because learning another move has always been annoying, and since these moves no longer have any way of making you get stuck somewhere (as in surf to an island and unlearn surf), there is no point in having the move deletor only unlearning. This way, I could use surf right up until someone learns hydro pump, or strength up until body slam, or actually have a reason to use cut at all (lol slightly stronger tackle). It probably won't be much of a problem if you can't, but it's just an idea.

P.S. Sorry for rambling and sorry if this was answered somewhere else in the thread. I really enjoyed the Alpha and am waiting for the Beta.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • Wow, this looks awesome! At first when I heard you'd play as Team Rocket I was a bit weary on checking it out, but I''m glad I did! The storyline looks awesome, Keep it up! *Adds a support banner to his signature*

Exon

Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    This is great, and I really hope this is one of those hacks that hits a truly finished state. Downloading to play now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    I'm stuck can someone please help?
    I just finished the ghost tower in lavender town and my boss tells me to go back to base to get a promotion, but when i go back there's nothing there.
    Any clue?

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • I'm stuck can someone please help?
    I just finished the ghost tower in lavender town and my boss tells me to go back to base to get a promotion, but when i go back there's nothing there.
    Any clue?
    The beta's over....sorry. :(
    It ends there. Yea, we know we want more, but I guess we have to wait.......I hate being patient. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    aww what a bummer
    such a great hack too, and if it does finish, probably the best one i've ever played
    cant wait till u release it!

ckret2

Years
  • First of all, Body slam does more damage than strength and has a paralysis chance (85 base pow with 30% paralysis), so Body Slam>>>Strength in all cases and everyone and their mother can learn body slam through breeding.

Second, and this is directed at ckret, are you going to make the HMs work like TMs? The reason I ask is because learning another move has always been annoying, and since these moves no longer have any way of making you get stuck somewhere (as in surf to an island and unlearn surf), there is no point in having the move deletor only unlearning. This way, I could use surf right up until someone learns hydro pump, or strength up until body slam, or actually have a reason to use cut at all (lol slightly stronger tackle). It probably won't be much of a problem if you can't, but it's just an idea.

P.S. Sorry for rambling and sorry if this was answered somewhere else in the thread. I really enjoyed the Alpha and am waiting for the Beta.

I'd like to make HMs work like TMs. I'm not entirely sure what that'll take, though. I haven't tried this myself, but I've heard that even if a Pokémon learns an HM move naturally (for example, Rayquaza learns Fly by level-up) that move still becomes "permament" and can't be removed except by a Move Deleter. So it's obviously something about the way the move itself works, and not about whether or not the move is taught by an HM.

That being said, I'll try to find a way to make it so that HMs can be forgotten naturally. If I can't do that, I'll provide easily available Move Deleters and Move Relearners, so that if you've got Surf when you're about to learn Hydro Pump and so you miss out on your chance to learn it, it'll be easy to get rid of Surf and get another chance to learn Hydro Pump.

I think I might only be including Surf and Strength. Most of the other HM moves aren't that powerful (the only one with decent power is Waterfall, but Surf is stronger and would be available before Waterfall). The only other one that is fairly strong without being one-upped by another HM is Fly, but in several cases it would seriously break the logic of the game if you had the ability to Fly. Since "promotions" are represented in-game as badges, and you only need the third badge to Fly, I'd have to figure out how to remove the out-of-battle Fly function before I could include that HM.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I've heard of the arc, but haven't read it; it won't be included in this. No plotlines from other sources are going to be included in ToxicPurple. On occasion I'll include some characters (like Jessie, James, and Meowth) or some concept (like the idea of Silver being Giovanni's kid) from some other version of Pokémon canon, but no plots or sub-plots are being taken from any other sources. Unless you count the original games, since the events in ToxicPurple parallel the events going on in Gens 1 and 2.

Like I said, two of the three legendary birds will have a direct role in the main plotline. All three will eventually be catch-able. Nothing like their manga roles, though. And definitely no Zapmolcuno.

There's already a plotline in place to allow you to steal one of the Hitmons. I'm not gonna contradict canon and say, "they all randomly ran off to Mt. Mortar and conveniently left the gym empty without a guard," though. You'll get to steal the Hitmon while Team Rocket is in control of Saffron. I've yet to decide on whether or not I'll find other ways to make the remaining two Hitmons and/or Tyrogue available later on in the game, or if you'll just have to turn your first one into breeding stock to get the rest.

Either way, though, there's already a method for getting a Hitmon.

That's cool, because I tho- WAIT. TEAM ROCKET TAKES CONTROL OF SAFFRO- Oh wait,
    Silph Co.

ckret2

Years
  • That's cool, because I tho- WAIT. TEAM ROCKET TAKES CONTROL OF SAFFRO- Oh wait,
    Silph Co.

XD Yep, Silph Co. Since they're all over the streets of Saffron, even to the point of blocking off various buildings and homes (including the gym), and the citizens later say that they were scared to go out because of the Rockets, I figure they took over the city entirely. The thirsty guards' insistence that the road's blocked has always seemed suspicious to me, as well, since it's quite obvious that there's no reason for that road to be blocked except for the fact that Team Rocket's there. The Rockets probably set up that blockade themselves.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • Wow! This sounds amazing, but how do i get this hack? I've never d-loaded a hack before and I really want to test this because it sounds awesome!

Do i just d-load it onto my computer or what? (Sorry about this, i've never really been interested in hacks before)

ckret2

Years
  • Wow! This sounds amazing, but how do i get this hack? I've never d-loaded a hack before and I really want to test this because it sounds awesome!

Do i just d-load it onto my computer or what? (Sorry about this, i've never really been interested in hacks before)

Do you have Visual Boy Advance? You've got to download VBA first. Then before you can play ToxicPurple, you've got to download the FireRed rom. An ips file isn't a game by itself, it's just a patch you stick onto another rom, and the patch tells VBA "this is how this game is different from the normal rom." It's illegal to link to roms in PokéCommunity, so in this case, Google is your friend. Once you've got the FireRed rom and the ToxicPurple ips file, the quickest way to patch the ips file to the rom is to put them in the same file and name them both the same thing (for example, ToxicPurple.rom and ToxicPurple.ips) and then when you open the rom in GBA it'll function as ToxicPurple.

This isn't the full game yet; it's just the first mission.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • RIGHT!
    It's not as complicated as I thought it would be, so thank you! I just got to get my old laptop a charger, and get d-loading. Once again, brilliant game idea, it seems like you've really thought it all out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    I been playing around with the beta and I love it.

Although it seems theres some kinda bug with the text as soon as you leave the base and are talking to your partner.

ckret2

Years
  • I been playing around with the beta and I love it.

Although it seems theres some kinda bug with the text as soon as you leave the base and are talking to your partner.

Yeah, I found that out after the alpha was posted... It's been fixed for future versions. It's not an important line, so don't worry. You didn't miss anything. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back