• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Awesome work. Just finished the Alpha (i think- it ends after Marowak is killed, right?), and I like everything. Just one thing, and I know you've already mentioned it-
    Those Trainers in Route 8 are a bit too hard. For one thing, take away their items- official Pokemon Games never have ordinary Trainers using items during battle, excluding Ladies and Rich Boys, Leaders, enemy Bosses, Elite 4, Champion, and thats it, I think. That said, it's a brilliant idea, the work so far is excellent, keep it up!
    Btw, taking away the items, it's just a suggestion- sorry if it sounded like I was telling you what to do.
    Nice work!
    EDIT: Yeah, maybe do something about that first battle with Tyron? I played through twice, once as male, once as female, and I fainted both times. Yeah, it helps with levelling up, but it could be more easily avoided by.. I dunno, just change the moveset of Mr Mime to something a bit more.. Harmless? Just suggesting. Great hack!

Last edited:

PearlShippingDawn

Empress of Koguryo
    Years
  • Awesome work. Just finished the Alpha (i think- it ends after Marowak is killed, right?), and I like everything. Just one thing, and I know you've already mentioned it-
    Those Trainers in Route 8 are a bit too hard. For one thing, take away their items- official Pokemon Games never have ordinary Trainers using items during battle, excluding Ladies and Rich Boys, Leaders, enemy Bosses, Elite 4, Champion, and thats it, I think. That said, it's a brilliant idea, the work so far is excellent, keep it up!
    Btw, taking away the items, it's just a suggestion- sorry if it sounded like I was telling you what to do.
    Nice work!
    EDIT: Yeah, maybe do something about that first battle with Tyron? I played through twice, once as male, once as female, and I fainted both times. Yeah, it helps with levelling up, but it could be more easily avoided by.. I dunno, just change the moveset of Mr Mime to something a bit more.. Harmless? Just suggesting. Great hack!

The game needs to be hard xD If all those suggestions would be done , it would be to easy. Btw Mr. Mime's set isnt hard, Mimic isnt that dangerous . If he used mimic when I did Tackle with the Rattata, I kept tackling. xD

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Nice job. I have one recommendation; I think that when the main character and his/her rival return to the Rocket Base from Lavender, you should have them double battle Jessie and James for the promotion reward (you've already classified them as field agents, so it would work out fine).
    By the way, I'm having trouble reading through the entire forum (this thread is huge!). Has the beta been released yet?
    And great job, I love the game.

Oh, and one more thing. I don't think you should keep people out of the Dojo 'till later, since they'll have to level up their pokemon enough to beat everyone inside anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • wow i have downloaded this game and completed the alpha i think its the best game ive ever played that ive downloaded i liked the way you were able to steel pokemon good luck and is there any news when the next beta or alpha 2 is coming out thanks

Years
  • Just downloaded the alpha, i think tge idea is really good and the gameplay lives up to that but ...
    How the hell do you beat the guy with an abra and a pokemon that i don't know cos i fainted every other time?

#Other than that its good. btw its probably cos i missed something huge out.

MizuNeko

Professional Spaziod
    Years
  • I just played the alpha, and it looks great! IMO, it'll probably turn out to be the best rocket hack so far! The storyline and scripting are very good so far. Well, I actually don't know the first thing about scripting...but I know what it is/does(sorta) and the story/scripting is extremely well-done/original. Provided that I'm not getting scripting mixed up with something else...O.o;; I'm such a n00b at this stuff. Sorry, I tend to ramble, so...

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Just played through it again, this with Oddish, and I noticed two things:
    1. The early trainers are too strong, especially for Oddish, though some of the channelers in Pkmn tower are too weak for anything but Oddish.
    2. You have almost no early capture options whatsoever, and the first time I played, I grew my Poliwag to Lv. 18 by the end of the Marowak incident simply because I had nothing else worthwhile to train besides Gastly and Zubat (Cubone is too rare to be viable, though I did catch Marowak, don't know if I was supposed to...)
    I'm sorry if I'm giving a little too much feedback, but this is a great rom, and I'd love to see it get even better.
    Ckret, you're a genius.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2009
    Looks great!

Love your idea! It's brilliant, yet expected, in a good way, as in anticipating a hack like this. When I was playing old school Yellow or blue, after Nugget road in Cerulean, the guy asks me if I want to join Rocket. I was like hell yeah!... But sadly, I couldn't answer for myself, so... Thanks for the genius hack!
    Haven't played it yet, but I am right now!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    This is a very, very good ROM.

I've decided to do a LP of it =D

You can find it on youtube on my channel if you wanna check it out, YT = conicsonic5

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Just played through it again, this with Oddish, and I noticed two things:
    1. The early trainers are too strong, especially for Oddish, though some of the channelers in Pkmn tower are too weak for anything but Oddish.
    2. You have almost no early capture options whatsoever, and the first time I played, I grew my Poliwag to Lv. 18 by the end of the Marowak incident simply because I had nothing else worthwhile to train besides Gastly and Zubat (Cubone is too rare to be viable, though I did catch Marowak, don't know if I was supposed to...)
    I'm sorry if I'm giving a little too much feedback, but this is a great rom, and I'd love to see it get even better.
    Ckret, you're a genius.
    1.You can skip all the early trainers if you want to.
    2.It's pointed out that the point of the game isn't to capture pokemon but to steal them, with that said there really is no point in catching pokemon because team Rocket considers them worthless.

Also, for future reference, you should refer to hacks as "hacks" and not roms because that could cause some trouble.
    I don't mean to be rude :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back