• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #100] Pokémon Beryl

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Uh, the text is pretty clear to me, you obviously have a bad eyesight. No heed though, since after you get Dextroy, he will talk instead, and the text will be green.

Those 'wings' are the indicators for the flying position. Throughout the hack there will be several of them, and not only in towns, and not in Pokecenters.

No,no I don't mean I can't read it I mean the colour of the next is not quite a good choice seeing as the text box is white and and the colour is a light beige sort of thing.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • No,no I don't mean I can't read it I mean the colour of the next is not quite a good choice seeing as the text box is white and and the colour is a light beige sort of thing.

The man has a point. My vision is 100% perfect but it still takes an awful lot of effort to read the text due to the similarity between the light grey hue and the white. Maybe yo ushould sort it out.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Well, one word: Awesome.

The scripting looks pretty well. Good luck with this.

Oh, and the palettes are awesome too.
    Thanks, after I started revolution I kept practising over scripts. Now I'm almost able to do level scripts. Yeah, I love daisies. : D

Glad to have you back in action!
    No,no I don't mean I can't read it I mean the colour of the next is not quite a good choice seeing as the text box is white and and the colour is a light beige sort of thing.

The man has a point. My vision is 100% perfect but it still takes an awful lot of effort to read the text due to the similarity between the light grey hue and the white. Maybe yo ushould sort it out.
    Okay, I still have no problem reading it, but in the end it seems that it's just me. I'll change it to green from the start.
    Is that your only comment?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • I'd have throw my hat into the alternate-coloured-text ring not that it matters any more. That greyish text is hard on the eyes and I'm not sure if I could stand to look at it for a prolonged period of time.

Is Zelatin your only choice of a starter? Its fine if it is, but two+ gives variety and choice :D

NiKaNoRoU said:
    I'm still stuck at the ows, and I can't see why. *cough-cough, job*

I see what you did there >_____________>

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Updatez

Here are some screenshots that will provide you certain info about how the hack's coming along:

[HotW #100] Pokémon Beryl

The palette is fixed!

Cyan is a bit lighter than blue, but seems better to me. Tell me if you still consider it a bad color.

that's a spoiler of what the Horn of Whispers can do to the same guy in the picture above.

Route 1001! And the old man is going to teach you how to catch wild pokémon! [the weedle thing will be changed as soon as I find a fakemon to replace it with]

Scaredy-cat.

Why are you scared of wild grass if you have a Repel, and what is more, give it to me?

The new Berry Bush from the berry system! It's emptying the bush when you get the item.

That's it for now. I'm going to finish scripts/maps up to the Alpha stage and will get Deviation to insert the sprites (I only do ow inserting D: ). Thanks for tuning in, guys!
    CSS @ Giga Universe - 2010 'Don't steal!'

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    This hack has a lot of potential. The scripting looks good and neat. The mapping is nice. Best of luck on this.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Nice updates, i like how your going about this.i like the side comments too

Your definitely going to win Hack of the week #100 :)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • This hack has a lot of potential. The scripting looks good and neat. The mapping is nice. Best of luck on this.
    Thanks, we're trying our best.
    Nice updates, i like how your going about this.i like the side comments too

Your definitely going to win Hack of the week #100 :)
    Thank you, I love putting side-comments as well!

Well, about hack of the week, it's not a 'goal', it's more like 'what people think'. Anyway...

Today I'm going to start mapping Bluegem City as well as try doing some ows.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Report from the Banjora side of things:

Just about got the hang of inserting Character Portraits (yes, we are planning on using some), so I hope to try it out soon. Ermm... Well, not really much else...

Oh, I will say this. I think the hero male OW is being made, as me and Nik have discussed what it will look like, so that may be in Nik's next update (and all of them thereafter, of course).

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    :o so can't you shed some light on us poor souls wondering how the OW will look like :)

U can simply avoid the grass there by walking around :/
    Are you gonna fix that or are you gonna make the repel man look even dumber?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    :o so can't you shed some light on us poor souls wondering how the OW will look like :)

All we did was describe what he looks like basically, so you will see what it will look like when Nik or even myself post the next update, if it is there.

Haven't you noticed most of the people in the real Pokemon World act stupid too? Such as the ones that point out the obvious a lot? And we can't see the rest of the route (Maybe Magikarp of Doom are ahead?!)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • :o so can't you shed some light on us poor souls wondering how the OW will look like :)

Well, fact has it that the "Veteran's House" isn't nearby, and has grass in order to go in there, not much, but still.

All we did was describe what he looks like basically, so you will see what it will look like when Nik or even myself post the next update, if it is there.

Haven't you noticed most of the people in the real Pokemon World act stupid too? Such as the ones that point out the obvious a lot? And we can't see the rest of the route (Maybe Magikarp of Doom are ahead?!)
    He has a point. Which was my point, too.
    You cant download it right now, or?
    Alpha 1 is still in progress, as Post #1 states.
    There's no download as of yet.

Anyways, Nika, I like the Oran Berry Bush.
    Much better than a tree. And also much more
    natural.

Good luck.
    Thank you, I'm planning to have a berry variation frame, too.

Now...

Male Ows! A Simple blond guy called [player] appears!

Preview of Bluegem City, showing off the overworld and palette changes.

Same as above, including the flying path.

Same again. The house with the note is the Medicine Man's house, who is currently travelling in search of resources [as the note says].

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do like the concept of this, Deviation and NiK, it has potential. In my opinion, the fly path's palettes are a bit... odd. And, although you do have palette limitations, I think the Male OW's hair needs a darker outline, as it's quite bright, especially from afar.

The scripting looks pretty decent, nothing outstanding, but good. But I understand that both of you aren't veterans of scripting, so no hard feelings. ^^

Best of luck with this. Your cool features should hopefully pull you through.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I do like the concept of this, Deviation and NiK, it has potential. In my opinion, the fly path's palettes are a bit... odd. And, although you do have palette limitations, I think the Male OW's hair needs a darker outline, as it's quite bright, especially from afar.

The scripting looks pretty decent, nothing outstanding, but good. But I understand that both of you aren't veterans of scripting, so no hard feelings. ^^

Now that you mention it I too believe that the hair should have a darker outline. Also I think you should update the screenies in post #1 :)
    Don't worry bout scripting, everyones gotta start somewhere XD.
    Hopefully the scripts will be reasonably complicated. The grammar seems fine :D
    And i like the RTC berry system :)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • awesome, this looks promising and pretty nifty, keep at it!
    Thank you very much, we appreciate your comment!
    I do like the concept of this, Deviation and NiK, it has potential. In my opinion, the fly path's palettes are a bit... odd. And, although you do have palette limitations, I think the Male OW's hair needs a darker outline, as it's quite bright, especially from afar.

Okay, thanks a bunch, The Master. The OW is fixed (I won't bother posting it now), as for the palette...I will do a mess-around.

Yeah, you can say that, after all, I've been scripting for only two weeks, and already did a level script or two. :P
    Now that you mention it I too believe that the hair should have a darker outline. Also I think you should update the screenies in post #1 :)
    Don't worry bout scripting, everyones gotta start somewhere XD.
    Hopefully the scripts will be reasonably complicated. The grammar seems fine :D
    And i like the RTC berry system :)
    Thanks, I'm planning to update the first post when I have a solid proof of screenshots, as the ones posted above, for example, are always subject to change.

Back