• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2009
awesome plot/story thing. hope that ur head scripter/mapper comes back soon. Good luck! And keep the legendary sprite for a surprise!

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Okay, how does this look guys?

2vc7zap.jpg

darthalex

Kidney Thief
Years
this looks very good :), i was also pleased to see some fakemon that actually look like real pokemon, i hope this can be finished.
but please do not rename the pokemons moves, i just finished playing pokemon topaz which had the moves renamed and was just really irritating

enViable

The Frozen Fire Alchemist
Years
looking good so far though, never sure about fakemon but yours are some of the best i've seen. i just hope you have more

when are you planning a beta release?? i will show my support when i've tested it

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
yes, the new sprite is very,very good. I love it. Cant wait for the alpha to come out...how come verybody keeps alling it a beta? Is it a beta,or what?

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
I believe it's called an Alpha. I think this will be like a demo. I think the Beta will be next. But, I don't really know the differences between the two. But I do know that the letter Alpha comes before the letter Beta in the Greek alphabet. (Get it? alphabet)

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I'm back, for everyone who wanted to know... I was gone for school reasons -.-

First a travel week, then a test week and then I had 4 school projects to work on... Anyway...
Everything's calmed down a bit, only one project left and then I'm free for about 6 weeks : D.

Oh, and for people who don't know, I'm the scripter/mapper X D.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
yeah, thats why im asking, because usally an alpharom is released before the beta one is. Cause the beta usually contains more stuff you can do.

And on a more impirtant matter: Welcome back Lyzo. :-) Godd to have you back.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Alpha, then beta. o-o And great to have you back Lyzo. ^_^ Anyway, I'm back from my long trip to the zoo today~ xDD So, I'll start spriting again! Ooh, and great job on the sprites, West. =3 Keep it up. Oh, and could you possibly make some of the little icons for some of the sprites I've done? =o (I still wanted to see some of yours. xD)

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
This is looking great, the Fakemon look exellent and the maps look good too. Good luck

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
yes, the new sprite is very,very good. I love it. Cant wait for the alpha to come out...how come verybody keeps alling it a beta? Is it a beta,or what?
Yeah, Alpha: Small taste of what the hack will be like. The Beta will be a lot longer, and hopefully more fun ^^

This is looking great, the Fakemon look exellent and the maps look good too. Good luck
Thanks! ^^

===========================================================
So, what updates have we got.... Well, we have another 2 positions open up, Mapper and Sprite inserter, so if you are interested, let me know. And there should be a CSS for the thread soon, like in the next couple of days ^^

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Your sprites are, like, beautiful. Honestly.. how long does it take you to make them? How do you choose palettes? All questions bouncing around in my head atm.

You see, I'm going to use fakemon as well, but mine don't look nearly as good, partially because I'm basically a newb at spriting.

But anyways, your sprites look brilliant, and I'd be proud to help this in any way possible. Although, I probably have limited time on the computer, since I got grounded from it.. :/

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
This is looking pretty good. I really like the new fakemons. They look really official. Great Work!

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Your sprites are, like, beautiful. Honestly.. how long does it take you to make them? How do you choose palettes? All questions bouncing around in my head atm.

You see, I'm going to use fakemon as well, but mine don't look nearly as good, partially because I'm basically a newb at spriting.

But anyways, your sprites look brilliant, and I'd be proud to help this in any way possible. Although, I probably have limited time on the computer, since I got grounded from it.. :/

Mm, It depends on the fakemon. If there's already concept art, you know what you're doing already and you have variations of the concept art to choose from. There's a 16 color limit to most sprites in game, so the trick is, trying to use the same color a few times over (especially on the more complicated sprites.) Another good thing to do when you're first spriting is to copy a bunch of official sprites down on paint and use them as references. Like I've said before, if it's a rodent pokemon about the size of a zigzagoon, then don't make it 3x the size of a zigzagoon or significantly smaller than the zigzagoon. Fakemon sprites should be no more than 64 x 64, and you should usually have lowlights and highlights for at least the main color. =3

Page 16 ftw. :x

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I don't like the Tiles...mainly cos its just a set of kyledove tiles, have some variety.
Nice spriters you have on your team too.
Don't give this up.

MegaMaccer

Years
I don't like the Tiles...mainly cos its just a set of kyledove tiles, have some variety.
Nice spriters you have on your team too.
Don't give this up.
Well, thats probably because I am a big fan of Kyledoves work ^^ We will be changing some tiles, not all though. Maybe the Paths.... Anyways, thanks for the comment ^^

MegaMaccer

Years
I just checked out the new CSS design, pretty fancy.

Good luck guys:P
Yeah, thanks for that ^^ For those who don't know, we have just put up a CSS design of sorts on the first page to make it look a little cooler, if anyone can think what needs changing to improve it, let us know ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back