• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
  • Thanks ^^

==========================================================

Finally, an update :D We're still inserting tiles, so for now, just have a look at these battle backgrounds by FMP. Please, no one use these, they are for certain people only. We will find you if you steal them. Also, they are a wip, so expect them to improve. Its just to give you something to look at for the time being. Remember, theft is well... theft. And you'd have to be pretty low to steal someone elses work. Remember that.
    Spoiler:

There's also a grass one, which we aren't showing just yet ^^

SWEET battle backgrounds. ^^ I like them a lot.

It's too bad you aren't showing the grass one yet since... there's kinda an empty space below the water one and next to the rock one... lol

anyway great job FMP and I hope to see more great work from you! (and our other graphic peoplez too. LOL)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I don't want to quote the post above mine two posts above mine xD (as it's rather long), but I really think that it's a good idea. Alternate side-plot = A-OK in my book. :3

I'd think of something myself, but I'm too lazy. xD Good luck to everyone on this contest-thing. ^^

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Aha! So there is room for an English major in a pokemon programmer's world! Here's what I'm thinking, Mac: Pokemon games tend to have terribly linear plots, so what we want here (to mix things up) is something completely new to pokemon. Sure, we've seen events such as a sick pokemon who requires medication, but that's really just a plot device used to steer the player towards the next gym (rather than down some path that'll come later); so we want a pure side story. I'm thinking something along the lines of a feud - something completely unrelated to the government, to the rangers, or to the plot at all except for the fact that you're required to help them before leaving town and heading to the next gym. It's a small town off the beaten path, so maybe we're looking at a forbidden romance a la Romeo and Juliet (we could say there are now, and always have been, two families - the guy is from one the girl is from the other), a land dispute, or anything else.

I can whip something up pretty quickly but I'm kind of tired now... It can be as cliche or original as you'd like, as grown up or dumbed down as you like, but the basic gist of my pitch is an unrelated and completely story driven encounter. I'd probably have the player initially hear out the two sides, pick which one he thinks is in the right (this one couldn't be romance) and ally with them. If you like the idea it could even turn into a subplot, continuing in various forms later in the game and offering the player various rewards based on who they chose (maybe one leads to receiving pokemon x while the other leads to pokemon y in the end). Regardless, after the player makes his choice the other family would then turn hostile, fights would ensue, and you'd leave the town when the feud was completely resolved. Again, I can spin it however you want, make it as long or short as you want, etc... I tend to be relatively long winded (see this post), but I'm a solid editor and writer. Let me know what you think of the idea and I'll churn a quick draft out for you.
    Wow, awesome post :D
    I've read through it, and I like the general idea. However, I don't want something to far off from the story. A side plot would be very good, but nothing to in depth. I'm sure you understand ^^ Once you get something written up, post it here (just wrap it in spoiler tags :D) and we'll all have a look. From the sounds of it, what you're going to come up with will be very good ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing it ;)
    Hey Mac what's up
    I will try to get to you later with an event or events.
    Btw, the backgrounds are cool.
    Well, you can get one up if you want, but you're already in the team :P

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Sure thing, sounds good. I'm looking forward to it ^^

==========================================================

CONTEST
    Alrighty people of the world, I've decided to have a little contest. The prize is a position as assistant event thinker-upper and Beta Tester (I couldn't think of anything else to call it :P)
    The objective is to think up an intriguing event, complete with words, character names, and movements. The list of rules is in the spoiler below, as well as something to get you started:
    Spoiler:

Mods, if I'm breaking any rules here (I don't think I am, but I've been wrong before :P) Let me know, ok? Thanks~

Cool, now we're talking Mac! And yes, I'll try and get to some sprites when I have some more free time.

Spoiler:

Well, I hope you like it. And like I said, I'll try and work on some more sprites later.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Did I mention I'm long winded...?

Spoiler:

I have a lot of ideas here, and if you like this at all I'd be happy to work with you on fleshing things out. Thanks for hearing me out : )

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2012
    OK, so here's my plot:

One of the pokemons the gym leader uses is one of those that are specially created by Enigma.
    So, as you win, he disappear while using this pokemon to spread a huge spores-cloud.
    As you and your team have aspired this spores, they are running all through your system, and soon, plants will be growing inside your bodies, killing both you and your pokemons.
    So, as a countdown starts, you have to find the cure before you run out of time!
    For this, your dad teleport you to a secret underground like maze-ruins where an Enigma's lab especially dedicated to grass pokemon investigation is now running. You have to get to the chief and get the medicine, or you will be ancient history!
    There's two options:
    1) You continue playing as yourself.
    2) The hero is put away in quarantine, you get to play as the rival/the opposite-sex hero, which will do anything to save you as you're her long time crush.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • Well, here goes nothing.

Spoiler:

MAC, let me know if you like this so far. This is just a prelude to the event that I have in mind. But before I write down the whole event, let me know if I got any major facts wrong or if its just not what your looking for.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Did I mention I'm long winded...?

Spoiler:

I have a lot of ideas here, and if you like this at all I'd be happy to work with you on fleshing things out. Thanks for hearing me out : )
    I'm liking you already ^^
    I love the idea, and you've written it out perfectly. The one flaw (and major thing I forgot to remember to tell you :\) is that in this game the player doesn't talk. I should have mentioned it earlier, but what I'm planning on doing instead is have characters close to Hero (eg the Rival) ask the questions that need answers. If you can re-write that to fit the limitation, I'm sure you'll have an excellent chance of winning the competition. Sorry about my mistake :P~

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Spoiler:

Those are just the parts where I had the player talking, obviously.

Gotta love the quick turn around, yeah? : )

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ahh I'll give the plot a go:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    I like Hot mess' plot. Its not too short and not too long. Also I love the Idea of playing as the rival, to save the hero.
    You have my vote :-) Not that I have one, but if I had, you'd have it :-D

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • Well, here goes nothing.

Spoiler:

MAC, let me know if you like this so far. This is just a prelude to the event that I have in mind. But before I write down the whole event, let me know if I got any major facts wrong or if its just not what your looking for.

Hey MAC, my last post was 2 minutes before yours so i assume you didnt see it. Im sure it wont stand a chance against Agraja's post but i might as well try...

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • I like Hot mess' plot. Its not too short and not too long. Also I love the Idea of playing as the rival, to save the hero.
    Yes, it would be awesome to play someone else in a pokemon game. The problem is... scripting isn't capable of doing this. You can only play as 1 sprite and not more... Mabye there is a way using ASM hacking, but I'm Torzach's scripter and I know nothing about ASM xD. So we'd need to get an ASM hacker on the team, if it were possible to do this, using ASM code.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Yes, it would be awesome to play someone else in a pokemon game. The problem is... scripting isn't capable of doing this. You can only play as 1 sprite and not more... Mabye there is a way using ASM hacking, but I'm Torzach's scripter and I know nothing about ASM xD. So we'd need to get an ASM hacker on the team, if it were possible to do this, using ASM code.

Errr...actually...It's quite possible to play as another OW...problem is that when you walk through transport places that take you to another map...you change back, and It's only one man that can do this...He's known among us as a legend and he was the one that actually saw the legendary Arceus in Reallll life...-_-' Yeah okay I lied, but he's a hell of a scripter though lol...I think Mac knows him.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Yeah, he's called Yunghove and he is a god. But, he is hard to get a hold of. He is banned everywhere, he can get a fully working follow script too. But, I think I might have a hunch of how to do that, with my little bit of asm knowledge.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Yeah, he's called Yunghove and he is a god. But, he is hard to get a hold of. He is banned everywhere, he can get a fully working follow script too. But, I think I might have a hunch of how to do that, with my little bit of asm knowledge.

Hm... A scripting legend? That's interesting. And I've always wondered if you can make a following script.

===

Well, I'm sorry, but no sprite updates yet. I haven't had anytime yet to make a sprite. Plus, the only sprite I HAVE made is a little iffy on if it's a 'good concept' or not, since I made it before Vannah came back. And I don't know if she's been on lately either. But once she comes back, I'll see what she thinks of the sprite. And if I find more time, I will sprite something and post it up for comments.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2012
    OK, so here's my plot:

One of the pokemons the gym leader uses is one of those that are specially created by Enigma.
    So, as you win, he disappear while using this pokemon to spread a huge spores-cloud.
    As you and your team have aspired this spores, they are running all through your system, and soon, plants will be growing inside your bodies, killing both you and your pokemons.
    So, as a countdown starts, you have to find the cure before you run out of time!
    For this, your dad teleport you to a secret underground like maze-ruins where an Enigma's lab especially dedicated to grass pokemon investigation is now running. You have to get to the chief and get the medicine, or you will be ancient history!
    There's two options:
    1) You continue playing as yourself.
    2) The hero is put away in quarantine, you get to play as the rival/the opposite-sex hero, which will do anything to save you as you're her long time crush.

I like Hot mess' plot. Its not too short and not too long. Also I love the Idea of playing as the rival, to save the hero.

Yes, it would be awesome to play someone else in a pokemon game. The problem is... scripting isn't capable of doing this. You can only play as 1 sprite and not more... Mabye there is a way using ASM hacking, but I'm Torzach's scripter and I know nothing about ASM xD. So we'd need to get an ASM hacker on the team, if it were possible to do this, using ASM code.

Errr...actually...It's quite possible to play as another OW...problem is that when you walk through transport places that take you to another map...you change back, and It's only one man that can do this...He's known among us as a legend and he was the one that actually saw the legendary Arceus in Reallll life...-_-' Yeah okay I lied, but he's a hell of a scripter though lol...I think Mac knows him.

Yeah, my plot FTW! :)
    So thrilled that you liked it guys.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Well, I'm back, again, fully recovered from a downed telephone and power line from last weeks storm.

West, your Dragonfly sprite (to lazy to check name) looks great. Well, the second one with the modified eye and wing, at least.

Mac, love the contest idea. Also, my vote goes to Romeo and Juliet guy, (again, too lazy to check your name; sorry!!) but, I would probably do it a lil' bit differently.
    I would make the feud a power struggle between the ruling bodies of the nearby Enigmas. Especially since they haven't, at least not yet ;), learned your name. I would keep the idea of getting a different Poke depending on which side you choose, though. I've always loved the idea of getting different benefits in-game depending on your personal choice. Additionally, whichever faction(s) you don't side with, they will be of some importance throughout the game; however, what this importance is, I haven't quite decided yet XD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back