• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Megamaccer - I know the "swine flu" has been getting an incredible amount of attention, I can assure you that it's no worse than a normal flu. I have several friends in med school and my Dad is a doctor; the general consensus among all of their teachers/co-workers is that the H1N1 strand is just a glorified flu.

That's it right there. Don't worry Mac. You'll be fine. It's just like getting a cold.

And for the contest, I don't have anything ready. I'll try and get something up. I think I just may have some time. :cer_smile: And I love these smileys. :cer_boogie:

So um, on another note, I just want to tell Vannah you didn't send me a PM, so I'm lost. I certainly don't want to do anything that would start up another war, so it'd be nice if you could shed some light about the sprite I sent ya. Thanks. :cer_wink:

Edit: And why is it so important we save it on paint.net? Oh, and I should have asked this in the first place. Can members of the team enter?

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Sure. xD It's just, you can't judge yourself. lol. Oh and yeah, I'll get around to fixing that sprite you send me. It's basically fine, but I've been busy fixing up OWs and tiles lately, so I can't do anything just yet. Oh, and it's important that you save on a program that doesn't mess up everything. Like if you save on paint, the image gets disoriented. Know what I mean? ^_^;; Humm...

Well I just figured something out. o_o;; I think you can save in PNG format on paint without it getting ruined. Never knew that before. xD;; -shot- But anyway my point was....

We'd rather have this
rivalgree.png
than
rivalpoop.jpg
this.

So however you choose to sprite it, just make sure it doesn't turn out like the ladder image. o_o;;

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
:cer_wink:
Sure. xD It's just, you can't judge yourself. lol. Oh and yeah, I'll get around to fixing that sprite you send me. It's basically fine, but I've been busy fixing up OWs and tiles lately, so I can't do anything just yet. Oh, and it's important that you save on a program that doesn't mess up everything. Like if you save on paint, the image gets disoriented. Know what I mean? ^_^;; Humm...

Well I just figured something out. o_o;; I think you can save in PNG format on paint without it getting ruined. Never knew that before. xD;; -shot- But anyway my point was....

We'd rather have this
rivalgree.png
than
rivalpoop.jpg
this.

So however you choose to sprite it, just make sure it doesn't turn out like the ladder image. o_o;;

Okay, I was just wondering why you hadn't edited it before. X]

I've been saving all my sprites on paint in a PNG format ever since I came here, and they've come out alright. So far, I have the battle sprite and two of the overworlds done for my guy. I'll come back and edit/post them on here. And of course I wouldn't judge myself. X D

EDIT:
===

Okay, here it is.

Name: Westrmistr (You know what? I've come to the conclusion that people could be mispronouncing my name. It's pronounced Wester-m-eye-ster.)

OW:
gallery_11654_380_1186.png

Battle sprite:
gallery_11654_380_1099.png
Edited! X]

Other: Pokemon Breeder.

And if there's any problems, just tell me. :cer_wink:

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I may enter that sprite contest thing. ^^

You know that sprite I made a while back? The one I did for practice and whatnot? The bug thing? Well that was saved in paint. And it was saved as .png which is what I always use. You really didn't know that paint can save in .png? 0.o;;

Anyway, even though my spriting kinda fails, I think I'll at least give it a shot. ^^

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years

I've been saving all my sprites on paint in a PNG format ever since I came here, and they've come out alright. So far, I have the battle sprite and two of the overworlds done for my guy. I'll come back and edit/post them on here. And of course I wouldn't judge myself. X D

EDIT:
===

Okay, here it is.

Name: Westrmistr (You know what? I've come to the conclusion that people could be mispronouncing my name. It's pronounced Wester-m-eye-ster.)

OW:

Battle sprite:
Edited! X]

:O :D

Awesome, really like it!
Mabye try out rangers and bounty hunters next? xD
Really like them!

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years

EDIT:
===

Okay, here it is.

OW:

Battle sprite:
Edited! X]

I like it. :o -clapclap- 8.5/10 Nicely colored ad all, but the (our) right leg is a little messy. Legs are hard though. D; Oh, and if he's a breeder, I'd have him holding two pokeballs or have one sticking out of his bag or pocket. Looks great though. ^.^

Thanks, but, can contestants enter more than one entry?

Oh, and why wasn't I in on this contest from the beginning? :cer_shifty:

Because I spontaneously made it up. o_o; I posted it just an hour or so after I told Mac I'd be doing it. x3 And yeah, the more entries the merrier~ (You should make more trainer sprites/OWs as a part of your team membership because they're pretty good. D:)

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
I like it. :o -clapclap- 8.5/10 Nicely colored ad all, but the (our) right leg is a little messy. Legs are hard though. D; Oh, and if he's a breeder, I'd have him holding two pokeballs or have one sticking out of his bag or pocket. Looks great though. ^.^

Because I spontaneously made it up. o_o; I posted it just an hour or so after I told Mac I'd be doing it. x3 And yeah, the more entries the merrier~ (You should make more trainer sprites/OWs as a part of your team membership because they're pretty good. D:)

Okay, I'll edit him then. :cer_boogie: *Please watch the dancing emoticon while you wait.* ...

Battle sprite:
gallery_11654_380_117.png

There, I've added more Pokeballs, and fixed up his legs slightly.

I'll get some more done too. :cer_wink:

EDIT: Okay, I'm starting on the OWs for my Bounty Hunter. I'll be back soon. *Please watch the dancing emoticon*

:cer_boogie:

Loading complete.

Name: Westrmistr.

OW:
gallery_11654_380_446.png

Battle sprite:
gallery_11654_380_772.png

Other: Crazy cop Bounty Hunter.

Last edited:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Okay, I'll edit him then. :cer_boogie: *Please watch the dancing emoticon while you wait.* ...

Battle sprite:

EDIT: Okay, I'm starting on the OWs for my Bounty Hunter. I'll be back soon. *Please watch the dancing emoticon*

Loading complete.

OW:

Battle sprite:

Again, great! :D

Although, I think bounty hunters look different, this is more like a cop.
Google bounty hunter and you'll see what I mean.
Bounty hunters don't wear fancy clothing, but more ragged clothing ... :cool:

West, I really like your trainer art, the overworlds are really nicely colored and the trainer sprites are very good and official looking.
Keep entering more :D !!!

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Again, great! :D

Although, I think bounty hunters look different, this is more like a cop.
Google bounty hunter and you'll see what I mean.
Bounty hunters don't wear fancy clothing, but more ragged clothing ... :cool:

West, I really like your trainer art, the overworlds are really nicely colored and the trainer sprites are very good and official looking.
Keep entering more :D !!!

I'm glad you like them. I really like 'em too. But, I should, because I made them. X]

I know what a bounty hunter looks like, it's just I remember Mac saying something about the Bounty Hunters being like "special police." But, I could be mistaken. So, the idea of making them look like a policemen fit pretty well. I mean, wouldn't people start getting suspicious if they had weird Bounty Hunters dressed in loin cloths trying to capture the old "police"? *Rangers* So I thought that was a good design. I think it would be great for the Bounty Hunters. Wouldn't the Enigmas want people to not think they're Bounty Hunters? Eh, let's see what Vannah says... :cer_wink:

And I plan to make a Ranger, next.

Last edited:

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
I'm glad you like them. I really like 'em too. But, I should, because I made them. X]

I know what a bounty hunter looks like, it's just I remember Mac saying something about the Bounty Hunters being like "special police." But, I could be mistaken. So, the idea of making them look like a policemen fit pretty well. I mean, wouldn't people start getting suspicious if they had weird Bounty Hunters dressed in loin cloths trying to capture the old "police"? *Rangers* So I thought that was a good design. I think it would be great for the Bounty Hunters. Wouldn't the Enigmas want people to not think they're Bounty Hunters? Eh, let's see what Vannah says... :cer_wink:

And I plan to make a Ranger, next.

Great work West! they all look very legit. And i like the idea that they are special police. kinda like classy-bounty hunters

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years

Battle sprite:

Loading complete.

OW:

Battle sprite:

:o I like it. The legs could be a tad closer together (He looks like he's straining a bit though I know where you were going with it) As said, it looks a little much like a police man, but I looked for some bounty hunter pictures that wer already a bit similar to what you're doing now. I like this image a little.
http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//0000/800/90/4/30894.jpg So the essentials would be a different hat and a gun. The long coat and blouse isn't that important, but it'd be kinda cool. xD BUT, this is cool already. You could keep this and make it some cop guarding the outside of an enigma base or something.

xD Excuse my brainstorming, but I think it'd be cool if there were cop bases like there are in the actual series. (Or whichever building they usually find officer Jenny) Inside you'd find a bunch of cops with their coffee and donuts and when they talked to you they would battle you. =p I could make the building and stuff. I dunno, I think that'd be a unique little feature. :3

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Hey I am the best sprite collecter there is. I am not known but I basically have every good sprites out there ( not much splices) and even some of your sprites but I am making a game (not having much luck) and a couple websites for my business (different topic) but I would like to help you if tell me what you need.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
:o I like it. The legs could be a tad closer together (He looks like he's straining a bit though I know where you were going with it) As said, it looks a little much like a police man, but I looked for some bounty hunter pictures that wer already a bit similar to what you're doing now. I like this image a little.
http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//0000/800/90/4/30894.jpg So the essentials would be a different hat and a gun. The long coat and blouse isn't that important, but it'd be kinda cool. xD BUT, this is cool already. You could keep this and make it some cop guarding the outside of an enigma base or something.

xD Excuse my brainstorming, but I think it'd be cool if there were cop bases like there are in the actual series. (Or whichever building they usually find officer Jenny) Inside you'd find a bunch of cops with their coffee and donuts and when they talked to you they would battle you. =p I could make the building and stuff. I dunno, I think that'd be a unique little feature. :3

Yeah, use that sprite for a policemen. XD That's perfect.

Okay, so I'll try the Bounty Hunter again, then a ranger. Could I edit the policemen to make the Bounty Hunter? I just like the pose and how he looks. So, I'll try and get to 'em. I know they would look a little too similar, but what do you think?

Loading. Please wait...​

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Yeah, use that sprite for a policemen. XD That's perfect.

Okay, so I'll try the Bounty Hunter again, then a ranger. Could I edit the policemen tpo make the Bounty Hunter? I just like the pose and how he looks. So, I'll try and get to 'em. I know they would look a little too similar, but what do you think?

Loading. Please wait...​

Yeah, he's fine. You'll probably just edit his leg position slightly, his arm by a few pixels, and maybe even some pixels on his face. Just edit the current positioning slightly, basically.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Hey I am the best sprite collecter there is. I am not known but I basically have every good sprites out there ( not much splices) and even some of your sprites but I am making a game (not having much luck) and a couple websites for my business (different topic) but I would like to help you if tell me what you need.

I hope you have permission to have those sprites... you probably don't have Mac's permission for our sprites...
But we're trying to use as many of our own sprites as possible to keep the game original.

http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/u...90/4/30894.jpg So the essentials would be a different hat and a gun. The long coat and blouse isn't that important, but it'd be kinda cool. xD BUT, this is cool already. You could keep this and make it some cop guarding the outside of an enigma base or something.

Cop base xD Cool xD
But for who would these people be working for? Enigma or the Rangers?

Also,

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Yeah, he's fine. You'll probably just edit his leg position slightly, his arm by a few pixels, and maybe even some pixels on his face. Just edit the current positioning slightly, basically.

Loading complete.​

Okay, I have edited the Police man.

Battle Sprite:
gallery_11654_380_57.png

Other: Crazy Cop Enigma Policeman.

And I've gone and made a new Bounty Hunter. I haven't made the OWs yet, but here's the battle sprite.

OW: Loading... :cer_boogie:

Battle Sprite:
gallery_11654_380_791.png
Edited.

Other: Enigma Bounty Hunter.

Tell me how he looks. I think he needs more work, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back