• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Glad you're back!
    My personal recommendation, release a demo. You don't have to have all of the Fakemon inserted for a demo, and it should get people excited about your plotline/sprites/hack in general.
    I think this should remain a hack, but that's just me.
    I can do some scripting for you if you want. Proof of work, well, you can look at the hack in my sig, or I can post one of my scripts, if necessary.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    It should definantly stay a hack.
    I can map, and insert Fakemon and tiles for you if you want. :3
    I would script for you too if you need more scripters.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    keep it goin ive been waitin for a demo since i joined PC
    please dont stop, im lookin forward to it :3
    please release a small demo!!!!!!!!

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Well Mac, Good luck ;)

I've just come back too, but moved on to the game making department :P
    Anyway, I don't think you'll have much trouble finding a new team seeing as there are so many people watching this hack. I really hope that this will progress a lot farther because I know how many wonderful ideas you have! Once people see that Torzach is back you'll have support in no time xD

You should think about making Torzach a Game, it makes a few things easier, such as implementing new moves, pokemon, tiles, music because it has a lot less compatibility problems. My advice ^^

Good Luck! And I'll keep watching this!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Looks good :P
    Freezepool is a long name for a starter :S
    just sayin could use a shorter name :L

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Awesome tiles. Ugly paletts for those awsome tiles. You should hire a professional with tiles to get them to look better. They really have no color and make the game Dull. Im just sayin, you need to refine some of this stuff to make it deliscious!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Good to see Torzach up and running again.

I can help out as an idealist if ever the need arises but I fail graphically and my scripting, mapping, inserting etc. efforts all have to be ploughed into my own hack.

Good luck.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Thanks everyone for your support, I
    ' just like to throw some things out there for your consideration. The plus's of staying with a Hack are that we would be the most original Fakemon Hack that I know of, and a few other minor things. If we go to a game, then things would progress much faster, because many things like Sprite inserting, for instance, are insanely easy in the program we use. Plus, we can use better graphics, which is what you guys all love us for :D So have a think about that, and let me know. If we switch to a game, then I've already got someone to help with events, so we'll be able to move very fast and catch up to where we are now, which, to be honest, is not much at all :( But we're trying ^^

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Well, it sounds like you want to do a game, and this is your hack (/game), so I say go for it. And the game format should allow you more options than a hack anyway.
    Keep up the great work!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Hmm, I too wonder if it's better to make a game or a hack...
    The way you're going, it seems as though you're looking to completely revamp everything--something a game is good for. Of course there is always the novelty of a hack. It just feels good to play a hack the same way you would a regular Pokemon game--on the GBA (emulator). I've watched this thing for a while, and have been waiting for some kind of beta at least. This would be one of the few hacks I'll play, and I don't know if I'd ever get around to playing it if it were an actual game. I'm not sure how others feel in this regard, but bleh, I'm not very good at advice.
    Just follow your heart. XD

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Hmm, I too wonder if it's better to make a game or a hack...
    The way you're going, it seems as though you're looking to completely revamp everything--something a game is good for. Of course there is always the novelty of a hack. It just feels good to play a hack the same way you would a regular Pokemon game--on the GBA (emulator). I've watched this thing for a while, and have been waiting for some kind of beta at least. This would be one of the few hacks I'll play, and I don't know if I'd ever get around to playing it if it were an actual game. I'm not sure how others feel in this regard, but bleh, I'm not very good at advice.
    Just follow your heart. XD

This is actually one of the things you should also consider Mac... The hacking forum is a lot more popular than the game making forum. If you would decide to make it a game there is a chance you could lose some support :\ Basically because ROM Hacks get more attention... But it could also be that all these ROM Hack players go over to the Game Making threads for Torzach and thus make the Game Making section more popular :P

Anyway, there is a lot to be considered xD

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • I also think that while fangames have more freedom, hacks are much simpler to make as the whole interface is already there for you rather than having to design the pokedex and menu interfaces etc.

I wouldn't mind what you choose so long as I get to play it at some point. :cer_tongue:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • I also think that while fangames have more freedom, hacks are much simpler to make as the whole interface is already there for you rather than having to design the pokedex and menu interfaces etc.

I wouldn't mind what you choose so long as I get to play it at some point. :cer_tongue:

Actually making games is a lot simpler, if you use RPG Maker XP and poccil's starter kit that is... What makes it easier than hacking is that you don't have all the compatibility issues, with file extensions, palletes, music and what not. It's a lot less glitchy than hacking :)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    im just gonna say whats on everyones mind:

can we please have a demo???????

IMO it doesnt matter if its a hack, or game
    but hackin certainly seems easier,considerin i altered my Emerald ROM to be 20times harder
    while makin a game from scratch means you gotta start completely over, meanin we will have to wait even longer for a demo :(

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • im just gonna say whats on everyones mind:

can we please have a demo???????

IMO it doesnt matter if its a hack, or game
    but hackin certainly seems easier,considerin i altered my Emerald ROM to be 20times harder
    while makin a game from scratch means you gotta start completely over, meanin we will have to wait even longer for a demo :(

If he'll be making it a game, it won't be from scratch :P He'll be using a starterkit which already includes the Pokemon system and features xD So once he's decided it won't be all too long ;)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    If he'll be making it a game, it won't be from scratch :P He'll be using a starterkit which already includes the Pokemon system and features xD So once he's decided it won't be all too long ;)

but wont he have to redo his awesome sprites?

it took me a week just to alter Lucys sprite in emerald to be green instead of purple ^^"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back