• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I'm salivating. This just keeps getting better and better, which only makes the pain of not being able to play it more intense...

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Hey, guys! It's me, Westermeister--or should I say Wester Claus? Anyway, I'm here with a little Torzach Christmas gift! :cer_boogie:

[HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Yes, a little YukiClaus! You might have already seen it in my signature over on the Torzach forums, but I thought I'd post it here just because. Merry Christmas everyone!

Sorry, I don't have any other sprites in my goody bag to show you, but I just want to say I'll be trying to get at least something done soon. :cer_wink:

And thank you crunch and trebornosliw for the comments! I'm glad you like the hack!

Years
  • is there already a beta or alpha for this?

As should be done with the hundreds of other users who join solely to ask a single question, I will say that you should read the first page, and a few of the latest pages thoroughly. If there was a release, it would be in the first post. Nobody would post a download link on a middle page, it'd be like a shop putting a new release behind the second hand games.
    I don't mean to be rude, but people need to use their common sense, and if they don't have any common sense, read a bit.
    In short, no, there is no beta release, nor will there be until the hack is finished, I assume.
    PS. A post towards the top of this page speaks of a no-asking-for-a-beta rule, so that further backs up my point about reading before asking. Sorry to seem narky, it's not my intention.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • Ehem... I never left...

ANYWAY! It was taken off hiatus awhile back, but everyone went ghost. I'm not sure about Vrai, or Vannah. Mac gets on every now and then, but IDK.

Oh, gotcha ;) I cant believe I didnt see this back up. Well now i guess im just going to have to get activate on the Torzach website also!

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Hi, guys! Sorry for the long wait, but with Christmas and New Years, I was sort of indisposed for a while. But anyway, I've got a new sprite, so that has to count for at least something!
    You all remember Runcass, the evolved form of Weedlant, right?
    Well, here's his back sprite I've been working on!

So guys, how does it look?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Hi, guys! Sorry for the long wait, but with Christmas and New Years, I was sort of indisposed for a while. But anyway, I've got a new sprite, so that has to count for at least something!
    You all remember Runcass, the evolved form of Weedlant, right?
    Well, here's his back sprite I've been working on!

So guys, how does it look?
    I have a couple problems with it, first off his right arm(the one that is not extended) seems a bit unnatural if you know what I mean, also there seems to be a misplaced pixel at the bottom of the other arm, or is that a thron.

P.S. so you guys are back, that's good to hear. I wish you luck =]

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years

• I have a couple problems with it, first off his right arm(the one that is not extended) seems a bit unnatural if you know what I mean, also there seems to be a misplaced pixel at the bottom of the other arm, or is that a thron.

P.S. so you guys are back, that's good to hear. I wish you luck =]
    Okay, I think I can fix the right arm, and I believe what you're looking at on the other arm is just a thorn. Thanks for wishing us luck, and for commenting! = D

snap12

Years
  • I think the arm looks good bent. Im not a fan of when backsprites show the exact same pose as the front sprite, thats boring. I like the bent arm because it shows a different view, which is always interesting. good job West!

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • I'm glad you think so, KaiVii!

I think the arm looks good bent. Im not a fan of when backsprites show the exact same pose as the front sprite, thats boring. I like the bent arm because it shows a different view, which is always interesting. good job West!
    Okay, so the bent arm is good. Thanks, Snap! Now the only problem is the right arm. I've gone and edited it, because it was said it looked unnatural.

I kind of wanted to make it look like the front sprite, because much like Meestlee, Runcass is sort of being blown in the breeze. Any comments?

snap12

Years
  • @ West

By George I think you've got it! haha, but seriously I think it looks very good. No matter what, you could always edit it a little bit (even if its perfect) so I say that theres no point wasting time on a sprite thats already up to the Torzach standards!

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    when I mentioned the bent arm I was talking about the front sprite, sorry if that wasn't clear. =]

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • @ West

By George I think you've got it! haha, but seriously I think it looks very good. No matter what, you could always edit it a little bit (even if its perfect) so I say that theres no point wasting time on a sprite thats already up to the Torzach standards!
    Okay, thank you, Snap! I'm glad to know it's finished! :cer_boogie:

Matteron: Oh, the front sprite? Well, that really can't be changed right now, and in all due respect, it's supposed to look that way. I hope you understand. = D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    nice new sprites. ^^
    glad to know that progress is still going on. :)

Runcass' front sprite looks cute, but the back sprite looks like you used Weavile as a base.
    It doesn't look as good as the front, I dunno, maybe the front shows that its hair is a lot more longer/wider than what it shows on its back sprite.

Anyways, it's still nice.
    G'luck with this hack project~

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • oh ok well you should know you are one of the best spriters on pc =]
    Well, thank you. = D I'm humbled by your statement.

nice new sprites. ^^
    glad to know that progress is still going on. :)

Runcass' front sprite looks cute, but the back sprite looks like you used Weavile as a base.
    It doesn't look as good as the front, I dunno, maybe the front shows that its hair is a lot more longer/wider than what it shows on its back sprite.

Anyways, it's still nice.
    G'luck with this hack project~
    I did use Weavile as a reference of sorts, but only because its head is the exact same shape as Runcass's, and it was much easier spriting the details with the head already there. But looking at the big picture, you have to ask yourself: "Does it really matter?"

And no back sprite really looks as good as the front one, mainly because you're seeing the Pokemon from the side or back. And there really wasn't much I could do about the crown. The bigger it got, the goofier it looked. So, I kept it at that size and tried to detail it enough so it looked exceptable.

All the sprites look excellent! I really hope you produce something with this.
    Thanks! I sure hope we do, too. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back