• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: (HoTW #59) Pokemon Dissension

Status
Not open for further replies.

qgmon1234

Teh Shiney Trainah
Years
  • There is not really an 'easier' one to work on, they both require... well work. Each has it's challenges and each has its easy aspects.

I will keep everyone informed over the next week as to what might or might not happen.

More feedback would be great in the mean time :P​

Yeah i understand what you mean about the "easy" thing >_>

Im willing to be a beta tester though if you need any >_>

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I would like to see a ROM version, that way I could play the game when im on the go on my PSP. However, if the RMXP version would have more features without the need for two ROMS, I'd want that.

Have one group of people working on the RPG Maker version, and then another group of people working on the ROM Hack. If you worked at the same pace, both betas could be released at the same time, and if one is more well received then the other, finish work on that one and ditch the other. I would like more features over portability.

I have fooled around in RPG Maker before, and although I'm no expert at ROM Hacking or using RPG Maker, RPG maker was very easy to use. It was simple and easy to follow, and I didnt need to look up a bunch of tutorials.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I honestly think you should keep it on FR and Ruby...
    Spoiler:

So I mean... RMXP would be kinda pointless... BUT... It is your hack, so do what you think is right.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I honestly think you should keep it on FR and Ruby...
    Spoiler:

So I mean... RMXP would be kinda pointless... BUT... It is your hack, so do what you think is right.

There is a point to switching over. RMXP has no limitations that the GBA ROM would have.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • There is a point to switching over. RMXP has no limitations that the GBA ROM would have.

Well... I offered my help to World already, and I have helped him quite a bit on the hack already, providing much information on the game, and hacking it...
    I would prefer if all that help was all for naught. Besides, there is a big reason why the hack was for Ruby and FR... But I Have already thought of a few great things that could happen by making it for all 3! I have an over active imagination okay... >_>

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • 0m3GA ARES3NAL has pretty much been my ROM HACKING mentor I guess you could say.

For that very reason I will not work on both at the same time. I am not a fan of Vaporware either, and for that reason Dissension will be in a ROM hack on Ruby and FireRed even if an RMXP version is put out there.

I am avoiding the idea of getting a second team together simply because I know I have the dedication to see both projects go through and finish, and I am not going to have another team work on a project for me to join later and wonder what the hell they did with everything.

I am a game modifier, modding and hacking is just something I do and have done for years, so it may seem like 3 versions of Dissension is a lot to take in right now, which it is, but only 1 project can continue at a time for the sake of sanity and staying away from this game becoming vaporware.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • lol What you've said is true Worldslayer, I'm also working on two...Well...games not hacks but it can get confusing. Anyway this has to be one of the most interesting hacks I've seen out there I love the rombase and who made the sprites for this hack? I'm amazed at the colorshceme as well as the apperance I really can't wait to get my hands on this one I support this all the way It makes me want to start hacking again.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • That is very kind of you to say World, I am flattered.
    I am glad to hear that. I have a little experience with RMXP, and I would have helped, but I think this works well being a FR/Ruby only hack.
    Like I said before, I am at your disposal, and arsenal of knowledge, your Omega Arsenal.
    (Oohh haha, my name has 2 meanings now!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    wow man! this hack looks awesome! i can't wait to see the finishing touch (though i doubt that would be in a few days =p)
    makes me realize how bored i am playing the original stories over and over again
    good luck ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    omg thats soooo cool
    good job to you and your team
    i wanna beta test but cbf posting the thingo

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back