• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: (HOTW: 8#) Pokémon Silvercurrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I just finsihed the Beta, and I had a really good time with it. I really like being able to get magby and elekid. The only bug that I noticed was on Route 3, the side near Plana City, there is a great ball that will reappear every time you enter a building and come back out.

Also, maybe you meant to leave it this way, there are no wild pokemon in the water on Route 3.

Nothing too major, but I can at least feel like I helped.

There's also an Ice-type Pokémon where Magby and Elekid can be found, it kinda belongs in the same category(so guessing which one that is shouldn't be hard ;]).

I'll look into the greatball, and the lack of wild pokémon is most definitely not intended.

Thank you for your input.

Pellio

Dragonair :D
    Years
  • A little birds tells me there will be a new vid up soon :D I was just wondering, do you need me to redo the hero/ine sprites? Because they're DPP size, or can you make the fit?
    TSK should stand for The Scripting King!

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    A little birds tells me there will be a new vid up soon :D I was just wondering, do you need me to redo the hero/ine sprites? Because they're DPP size, or can you make the fit?
    TSK should stand for The Scripting King!

Well, I believe the sprites would look "out of place" in DPP size. I would prefer FR size.

Anyway, here's that vid that birdie was talking about: Intro Script to an underground area

Enjoy!

Pellio

Dragonair :D
    Years
  • Ok, no problem.
    The script's awesome! I love how much detail you've put into it :D

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    I predict that the third baby pokemon in the cave is Smoochum! :D

Also, I found another bug. Well, it's kinda multiple bugs in one, but still. When you go into the Rest House near the cave, if you open up the map, it says you're in Pallet Town. But when you exit the house and open the map, it says you're on Route 4, and the marker is in another area. Due to this, when I rested in the bed inside the Rest House, I woke up and a message box appeared that had this in the middle of the top of the box: Âü
    And then I couldn't do anything. Luckily I saved, but still.

P.S. I like how you put yourself in the game blocking off the unfinished pathway. If you hadn't done that, I wouldn't have been curious enough to go up that grassy path and found the cave and teleporter. That was a nice touch, by the way.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Cool script and video! It looks like part of Silph co. actually (which is a good thing).
    It looks pretty far from the cave where the ALPHA ended, I can tell you've really worked on this a lot.

Can't wait to see more :D

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2013
    this is an amazing game, i like it and hope you will do very well with it.Good Luck.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I predict that the third baby pokemon in the cave is Smoochum! :D

Also, I found another bug. Well, it's kinda multiple bugs in one, but still. When you go into the Rest House near the cave, if you open up the map, it says you're in Pallet Town. But when you exit the house and open the map, it says you're on Route 4, and the marker is in another area. Due to this, when I rested in the bed inside the Rest House, I woke up and a message box appeared that had this in the middle of the top of the box: Âü
    And then I couldn't do anything. Luckily I saved, but still.

I haven't edited the map yet so it's kinda out of order until I decide to fix it.
    I can't seem to recreate the other error however which makes it hard to figure out what the problem might be.

EDIT: Here's another vid:

Shiny?!

Last edited:

lizardman974

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Not only is the Pikachu shiny, but it has three eyes, too!
    Picture3-3.png

Edit: I took a pic of the other error.
    Picture4-2.png

And just in case it matters, my party was this (in order): Lapras, Elekid, Clefairy

Last edited:

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Not only is the Pikachu shiny, but it has three eyes, too!
    [pic]
    Edit: I took a pic of the other error.
    [pic]
    And just in case it matters, my party was this (in order): Lapras, Elekid, Clefairy

Lol, DivX...

For the error, I haven't been able to recreate it but I have removed some unnecessary "special" commands from the script that might have been responsible. (I made the script in a hurry before the previous release and basically copied part of the Pokécenter script, thus leaving obsolete lines of script)

lizardman974

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Great! But I have another question: Are you gonna fix the three eyes thing or just leave it as is?

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Great! But I have another question: Are you gonna fix the three eyes thing or just leave it as is?

IIRC it doesn't have three eyes in game, the reason why it has three in the vid is because my videocompressor blended the white from the actual eyes to the center of the sprite where it forms a third eye with the black pixel for the nose.

lizardman974

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Actually, that could work for the psychic trainers. They could have a half-closed third eye a little bit above the space in between the original eyes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back