• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: (HOTW: 8#) Pokémon Silvercurrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
  • So, how are those new gym scripts coming along?
    @Killerjockel: Use the edit button to add more to your post.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    So, how are those new gym scripts coming along?
    @Killerjockel: Use the edit button to add more to your post.

The Gym in question is now completely finished! =]
    It's not quite like a normal Gym, it is in fact scattered across the above- and underground level of an entire city =]

I am currently doing all those (sometimes annoying) little scripts for all the NPCs in my newly created maps.

@both "betatest requesters": Currently I am not looking for any beta testers. I forgot to update the OP, my apologies.

justdieplz

Pokemon White Enthusiast
    Years
  • This game plays shmexily. I also noticed that your Lugia script is probably alot of code, huh? :) Good luck on this game TSK! And best of luck to you too, Pellio! ;)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Very nice hack. I'm impressed with the fact that you could give me Lapras as a starter and still make it so challenging. Are you going to include Dive in this game? With your region set up the way it is, water HMs seem like the way to go (and plus it would be really cool to go to an underwater gym, or something like that...
    By the way, the one problem I have with this game is the method of obtaining Lapras. I think it would be cooler to encounter Lapras than to just be given such an awesome Pokemon by the professor.
    And just a small bug: A few of the people on the very first island say "yourney" when it should be spelled "journey."
    Anyway, I absolutely love the hack. Nice work!

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Very nice hack. I'm impressed with the fact that you could give me Lapras as a starter and still make it so challenging. Are you going to include Dive in this game? With your region set up the way it is, water HMs seem like the way to go (and plus it would be really cool to go to an underwater gym, or something like that...
    By the way, the one problem I have with this game is the method of obtaining Lapras. I think it would be cooler to encounter Lapras than to just be given such an awesome Pokemon by the professor.
    And just a small bug: A few of the people on the very first island say "yourney" when it should be spelled "journey."
    Anyway, I absolutely love the hack. Nice work!

The thing I'm facing now is a Lapras that is leveling like crazy... But I guess few people will complain about that.

As for Dive, well, I could consider it but it would require a lot of work. I haven't tested the underwater weather in FireRed yet so I don't know if that works. There's also no underwater sprite for the player in FireRed, making things even more difficult.

I could try and think up something more interesting for obtaining Lapras... It's not high on my list of things to do at the moment.
    I'm currently playing through the entire thing again with the idea of releasing a new Beta once I find everything is in order.
    ... it's been a while since I've heard from Pellio though so I still don't have any new sprites for the hack.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    To be honest, Lapras doesn't level too fast at all. It was still quite a scramble to keep my Pokemon at a high enough level to survive the trainers you threw at me. The only way I can think of that Lapras would grow too fast is if I didn't train anything else. Personally I think the challenge level of the game is just about perfect (which is to say, really hard), although there was this little episode where I beat the entire party of the second gym leader, including a Graveler, with a Lv. 21 Taillow (Double Team is such a wonderful attack). Great job, keep it up!
    By the way, for your Lapras event, what if you basically just stepped in to help protect it from an Omega grunt, or else it stepped in to protect you? It would be simple, but pretty effective.
    It sounds like you have enough beta testers, but let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.
    Oh, and one last thing, and then I promise to shut up. For the underwater sprites, what if you just exported the ones from Ruby and imported them to Firered, then edited them to look like Red instead of white-hair dude? Would that work?

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    To be honest, Lapras doesn't level too fast at all. It was still quite a scramble to keep my Pokemon at a high enough level to survive the trainers you threw at me. The only way I can think of that Lapras would grow too fast is if I didn't train anything else. Personally I think the challenge level of the game is just about perfect (which is to say, really hard), although there was this little episode where I beat the entire party of the second gym leader, including a Graveler, with a Lv. 21 Taillow (Double Team is such a wonderful attack). Great job, keep it up!
    By the way, for your Lapras event, what if you basically just stepped in to help protect it from an Omega grunt, or else it stepped in to protect you? It would be simple, but pretty effective.
    It sounds like you have enough beta testers, but let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.
    Oh, and one last thing, and then I promise to shut up. For the underwater sprites, what if you just exported the ones from Ruby and imported them to Firered, then edited them to look like Red instead of white-hair dude? Would that work?

I'm not a spriter so I don't really know how easy/difficult this would be =p
    Also, ever since I started playing Pokémon I always went for the "level up starter" route. I'm also playing through like that... So I don't know how difficult it is for those who train several pokémon.

Pellio

Dragonair :D
    Years
  • hero1-1.png

Four more of the hero OW. Sorry 'bout the slow progress :( Keep up the good work!
    Think I only sent the full heroine walking set in a PM so will stick it in here for people to see. Kind of wished I'd kept the ear-likeness in but nevermind!
    backfront-1.png

Edit: just realised she's a few pixels shorter than the guy because of his big hair so will add in the bow ends again shortly.

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    hero1-1.png

Four more of the hero OW. Sorry 'bout the slow progress :( Keep up the good work!
    Think I only sent the full heroine walking set in a PM so will stick it in here for people to see. Kind of wished I'd kept the ear-likeness in but nevermind!
    backfront-1.png

Edit: just realised she's a few pixels shorter than the guy because of his big hair so will add in the bow ends again shortly.
    Love the hair.
    Those are really cool, I look forward to seeing them in-game.

Pellio

Years
  • Thanks matey :) Yeah I thought I'd go with something different for their hair because I see a lot of people just using the Red sprite or doing brown hair... Will complete the hero walking set and edit the heroine when I get back from baby-sitting. Also I don't know about inserting them because I don't know how you do that ^__^;;

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I'm currently in the process of cleaning up all the errors my betatesters are finding.

Also, I'm going to add a little notification to the OP... Apparently the game is kinda difficult =p

Pellio

Years
  • Its not dumb :) I think it refers to the opening sequence, I'm guessing the bit where Prof. talks for ages.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    @Pellio and Ruka Price: OP is an abbreviation for Original Post. As in, the first post of this thread. ;]

Pellio

Years
  • Ooooh >...< *stupid* haha.
    I'm having a real hard time trying to make the bow work from the back view :(

ElPresidente

The President
    Years
  • According to the screenshots my computer could display, the scripting looks solid. Simple, but solid. I'm glad your grammar and spelling are acceptable. You don't know how much that means to me. Looks quite promising. Keep it up...blah, blah.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    According to the screenshots my computer could display, the scripting looks solid. Simple, but solid. I'm glad your grammar and spelling are acceptable. You don't know how much that means to me. Looks quite promising. Keep it up...blah, blah.

I actually tried not to overdo the scripts and keep it quite close to Gamefreak's style.

I've been removing plenty of spelling errors, typos and (a few) grammatical problems since my Betatesters started reporting. =]

EDIT: Yay(?) Reply 100! It also seems I make up 35% of those. xD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back