• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    love the idea of visiting parts of all the reigons ... looks like this will be a sucess

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Looking great NiK! You're really good at coming up with original ideas for your hacks.
    ...is that, could it be, do mine eyes see a Scizor evo on that title screen? Guess I'll find out...
    This'll be one epic Christmas release.
    Oh, erm, do remember to back up...often. I'm still mourning the death of BCL...
    Not much else to say. Nice plot, and I personally think the normal FR tiles are the way to go, other tiles are a pain in various unmentionable regions of human anatomy.
    Good luck!

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • Porfyro
    He's a serial killer widely known for his horrible crimes. He is wanted everywhere, and the funniest part is that no one has actually confirmed any case of illegal action on his name, in public. Nobody has seen his face.

Intense .. must be real attentive when you're going out or not he'll kill you.lol joking :P

THe story made me to be a little curious in wanting to know more of the story.
    Job well done.

A pokedex that can talk? Seems a little ambitious but not if you got a good ASM HACKER.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • The story line is great but I am biases for the fact that it reminds me of mine :D

Choose your clothes*
    so there will be two versions? I got happy at first an thought you incorporated a clothing store. (oh well)

With the roller skate, what type of stly will the players use( yah I used to roller skate before rom hacking so this is a personal curiosity.)

The maps look nice, so far but there are not that manny screen shots. Hope to see more.

PS. You should learn scripting it's so fun! and you can learn it quickly.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hmm... The 3 starters may need rethinking NiKaNoRoU (wow, I didn't look at your name!), as... well, they are all Super Effective on each other, but Bug doesn't do much to Poison I think... And the Poison won't do much to the Ground on that Bug... So... That may be an issue.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • love the idea of visiting parts of all the reigons ... looks like this will be a sucess
    Thanks for the kind comment. I hope that it will turn out good, too.
    Looking great NiK! You're really good at coming up with original ideas for your hacks.
    ...is that, could it be, do mine eyes see a Scizor evo on that title screen? Guess I'll find out...
    This'll be one epic Christmas release.
    Oh, erm, do remember to back up...often. I'm still mourning the death of BCL...
    Not much else to say. Nice plot, and I personally think the normal FR tiles are the way to go, other tiles are a pain in various unmentionable regions of human anatomy.
    Good luck!
    Thanks, and no, it's the legendary fakemon, not a scizor evo (you wish, huh?)
    I do keep backups often. Don't worry about BCL, I have plans for it, too.
    Glad to see you like the FR tiles, too.
    Intense .. must be real attentive when you're going out or not he'll kill you.lol joking :P

THe story made me to be a little curious in wanting to know more of the story.
    Job well done.

A pokedex that can talk? Seems a little ambitious but not if you got a good ASM HACKER.
    The talking Dex feature does not include ASM, as you will see later on.
    And I made that out because great cities have great criminals, right? right...

The story line is great but I am biases for the fact that it reminds me of mine :D

Choose your clothes*
    so there will be two versions? I got happy at first an thought you incorporated a clothing store. (oh well)

With the roller skate, what type of stly will the players use( yah I used to roller skate before rom hacking so this is a personal curiosity.)

The maps look nice, so far but there are not that manny screen shots. Hope to see more.

PS. You should learn scripting it's so fun! and you can learn it quickly.
    In what way does it remind you of yours?

..yes, a male and a female version. I could have a wardrobe included, but I don't feel like it.

Free rollerskating! you'll see when the specific overworlds are up.

Same with screenshots, be patient.

Hmm... The 3 starters may need rethinking NiKaNoRoU (wow, I didn't look at your name!), as... well, they are all Super Effective on each other, but Bug doesn't do much to Poison I think... And the Poison won't do much to the Ground on that Bug... So... That may be an issue.
    Well, it's natural that the starter that you have a disatvantage on will be like that...
    ...oh, did I mention that Nincada won't be Ground type as well as Shedinja cannot be caught?

By the way, have faith in this triangle. The starters are these for a reason.

• Keep the comments coming guys! and let me know about your opinion on decapitalization!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • The whole Idea about light, balance and darkness. I am not saying you copied, me I am saying I like it and it reminds me of mine (in a good way)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion

[alink id="Au"]Author's Notes[/alink id] | [alink id="Up2"]Updates[/alink id] | [alink id="Re2"]Responses[/alink id]

[a id]Au[/a id]

Author's Notes

[assistance=constructive posting]
    Please Read:
    1. Please refrain from asking for beta testing. I'm going to beta test myself.
    2. Don't spam or make a post with almost 25 characters saying 'hey man cool hack there' just to boost your post count. It's just a number.
    3. Check the first post regularly before you criticise. It's updated more often than what it seems to be.
    4. Please give your vote on concepts that are on voting progress, in order to enlighten the final desicion.
    5. Give specific feedback on certain features that you like.
    6. Don't flame me if my hack didn't appeal to you. Instead, give me suggestions on how to improve it.
    7. Last but not least, remember, it's all about fun, not competition!
    [/assistance]

{NiKa's daily Newspaper}
    [jq]Hello there, it seems like the topic's going all rusty, so time for an update! Unfortunately there are no screenshots or eye-candy this time, but stay tuned for more!
    _ _ _
    Personal reasons have been keeping me away from the internet, and so my free time here is limited. However I'm trying my best to keep you all satisfied, so stop pouting, okay?
    _ _ _
    I have finally found someone to help me with scripting. He's a really good guy, but he prefers not to be montioned right now. So for now let's stick with the "he's a really good guy"subject. If he gets to script fast enough the alpha will be probably released a few days earlier.
    _ _ _
    That's it for now. Have fun reading the rest!
    [/jq]

[a id]Up2[/a id]

Updates

• A new textbox has been implemented!
    • Some spriting work is on hold, but it'll keep going smoothly. Mainly overworlds are currently delayed.
    • The starter is now only one, and it's Hoppip. Why so? well, wait for the alpha. Doesn't give you a choice, does it...
    • Some move changes. Splash should now deal damage, as well as Dragon Dance. Also, stomp's damage effect is similar to Low Kick, but it depends on the user's weight instead.
    • Some issues with map connections are finished. As well as mapping Kanto places.
    • So, when you visit Kanto, expect to walk in Vermillion City, the route above, go through the underground Path (the road to saffron is blocked), get on the day care Route and up to Cerulean. also, you can walk/surf at the Cape above.
    • Some Pokemon types are changed again. Since Nincada is no longer a starter, it's restored to ground type. Yanmega is bug/dargon instead of flying. Lugia is a water type as well.

What will you expecting next
    Spoiler:

[a id]Re2[/a id]

Responses

The whole Idea about light, balance and darkness. I am not saying you copied, me I am saying I like it and it reminds me of mine (in a good way)
    Oh, okay, haven't even seen your hack actually. It just came into my mind.
    This looks interesting!! Good luck!

I'll be keeping an eye out for releases!!! ^^
    Thanks, I guess. I'd appreciate more specific comments, but oh, well, can't be bothered to ask.

Last edited:

Mortal Danger

Like never before!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    What an amazing story!!! The features are impressive and the title screen is... fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!!! This hack will be a success and I'm sure about it! Good Luck!:)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Oh my god this hack looks godly.

8D

Need any help whatsoever? xP

PS. Use full caps on the actual names of items and Pokemon (so you see them with full caps in the menus) but leave them only first letter capitalised in dialogue.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Not an update this time.

[alink id="Aut"]Author's Notes[/alink id] | [alink id="Re"]Responses[/alink id]

[a id]Aut[/a id]

Author's Notes

{NiKa's daily Newspaper}
    [jq]Good day, readers! Today it's been cold, and I'm sick as well, but no heed! It's a passing illness.
    _ _ _
    Thanks to deathwish, I now can turn the default FR tiles to a new way of graphical amusement, through tile palettes! You'll understand when you see the screenshots, on the next update.
    _ _ _
    The character part of the storyline is updated, with new characters and an possibly evil guild!
    I'm still waiting to see whether I should use decap or not. I hope the matter will be cleared soon.
    _ _ _
    That's it for now. I'm gonna sleep for a while. =D
    [/jq]

[a id]Re[/a id]

Responses

What an amazing story!!! The features are impressive and the title screen is... fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!!! This hack will be a success and I'm sure about it! Good Luck!:)
    Thanks, it was my first tittlescreen attempt :X
    Dunno about the success part, though. ;p
    Well, it still looks good with your "word" updates.

Still, it would be better if you added OWs to this hack, 'cause you're
    a OW Spriter yourself, am I right?
    Sorry for not posting screenshots, I'm just not ready yet. As said in the features, there will be A LOT of new Ows. Hell lot.
    Oh my god this hack looks godly.

8D

Need any help whatsoever? xP

PS. Use full caps on the actual names of items and Pokemon (so you see them with full caps in the menus) but leave them only first letter capitalised in dialogue.
    Thanks! 8)

I need help indeed, well, mainly to save time. I'd be good if I found someone to insert anything (except tiles, which is Deviation's job), just to save me time from doing it myself. Major credit of course. Also, a music hacker with original ideas would be cool. ;o

Anyway, hope Web of Deceit goes as good, too. I could make custom character portraits for you. If you can index and insert them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Wow, great story!
    Although I was disappointed when I saw you were using FireRed tiles..

Years
  • This looks incredibly interesting. The storyline is original, and all the new features sound great.

Yay, you left the original tiles. I love the originals. Completely new ones usually look weird.

The L & R button utilization sounds incredibly useful as well.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this. *Subscribes to thread*

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I really like your storyline^^

Regarding the decap, I would actually say that ou should leave it. I seriously find it a waste of time and pointless. This is a hack of the gba, so it should reflect the gba Pokémon grammar. The decao was in the DS generation, so I think that you shouldn't decap.

However it's purely your choice. :P

Good luck with this. :3

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Wow, great story!

Right, as the Tile Inserter of this hack, I am actually allowed to say:

Firered tiles are pretty, OK? I admit, Manipulation's thoughts of tiles have got to me. Why be disappointed about something that isn't necessary, and actually sometimes make the hack worse? We are sticking with FR tiles, and only a few customs, that we need (I think), as the FR tiles are fine. Nothing wrong with them.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion

[alink id="Auth"]Author's Notes[/alink id] | [alink id="Up3"]Updates[/alink id] | [alink id="Re3"]Responses[/alink id]

[a id]Auth[/a id]

Author's Notes

{NiKa's daily Newspaper}
    [jq]Hey all, it's time for a 'non-word update'! I suppose that you've been expecting this, and in 9 screenshots many things are revealed.
    _ _ _
    For those of you that have been calling this hack 'Revolution', know that the correct name is PR: Expansion. The tetralogy theme is Revolution.
    _ _ _
    Since my last post, I have been wondering, should I really look for an inserter or insert everything myself?
    ...is anyone applying yet? =P
    _ _ _
    I need your suggestions and votes. Please, keep voting for or against decap, and tell me preferences on which moves/pokestats/items would you like to be altered and why. I'll be waitin'!
    _ _ _
    That's it for now. Don't worry, be happier!
    [/jq]

[a id]Up3[/a id]

Updates

[simple-spoil=Don't read unless you have read the previous posts!]
    Spoiler:
    [/simple-spoil]
    __________Here goes! Screenshots!__________

Ingame images - New palettes and the new textbox!
    [HotW 95]Pokémon Revolution I: Expansion

Battles - The new Dragon Dance sprite effect!

Part of my repose sprite pack, with many pokemon reposed. Needs a lot of work...

Josh (male hero) Overworlds and sprites (both clothes)

What will you expecting next
    Spoiler:

[a id]Re3[/a id]

Responses

Wow, great story!
    Thanks, but I can't satisfy everyone...I personally think that they are good enough. Some palettes will be of course, altered.
    This looks incredibly interesting. The storyline is original, and all the new features sound great.

Yay, you left the original tiles. I love the originals. Completely new ones usually look weird.

The L & R button utilization sounds incredibly useful as well.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this. *Subscribes to thread*
    Heheh, thanks a lot for the support! be sure to stay tuned in for more updates!
    I really like your storyline^^

Regarding the decap, I would actually say that ou should leave it. I seriously find it a waste of time and pointless. This is a hack of the gba, so it should reflect the gba Pokémon grammar. The decao was in the DS generation, so I think that you shouldn't decap.

However it's purely your choice. :P

Good luck with this. :3
    ilu, a vote for decap, even if it's against it! Thanks a bunch for the kind comment!

Right, as the Tile Inserter of this hack, I am actually allowed to say:

Firered tiles are pretty, OK? I admit, Manipulation's thoughts of tiles have got to me. Why be disappointed about something that isn't necessary, and actually sometimes make the hack worse? We are sticking with FR tiles, and only a few customs, that we need (I think), as the FR tiles are fine. Nothing wrong with them.
    You get kudos for this, Deviation. Almost every custom tile looks pixelated to me, and non-fitting to the FR/LG style. We shall see the palette result, though, soon...

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    That's a great idea for Stomp's new effect. Will the accuracy be improved? Oh, and can Snorlax learn Stomp in this game (I forget whether he could learn that already)?
    Anyway, looking good! Keep up the good work.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • The overworld is disapointing from what I have seen from your other work. The tainer sprite looks okay, the new battle animation looks awesome. I also Like the platelet changes you made.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back