• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #97] Pokémon Yonder! Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I think the follow script works fine :? what wrong with it?

School days again...
    Years
  • Nice hack, I really adore the background of your titlescreen, it's really nice and cool. The palette of the tiles seem to fit the storyline of your hack. It's like the 4th movie, about time traveling with Celebi. Is there a time that the hero will be back to the present time?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Really nice hack you have here.
    Your boot and title screens are simply amazing.
    CSS layout is nice also.
    And the feature part... marvelous! All things you mentioned are totally something new.
    Keep up the good work ;)
    I'll be keeping eye on this one :)

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
    Years
  • Sorry for the late update, I went on holiday and was without internet for 3 days.

looks amazing, love the title screen, simply done, and clean, good job :D

Thanks, spent a lot of time on the title screen.

This sounds like a awesome hack, going back in time isn't a new idea, but your storyline and features seem unique. I'd like to see this finished someday, it sounds like it would be fun to play.

I know going back isn't new, but I'm pretty sure that Medieval hacks have never been done before. Couldn't think of a new way to take you back that didn't sound like a dream (Because you not gonna wake up to a dream. Haha.) and now its stuck.

Quite the screenshots you have there, bud. Thread layout is also nice, as are tiles and palletes. Your mapping seems to be good from what I've seen so far, and I must say that boot screen is really creative! It shows promise, but do you have persistance to finish, I hope so. ;)

Thank you very much XD. First layout comment if I'm not mistaken. I'm still altering the layout, and adding a news section, so more comments on layout will be appreciated. I'm going to add more screenies, once I've mapped the first scene of the past.

First, I don't know what Paranoid is thinking, I think the palette works perfectly for what you are doing, a DARK ages time period, and a dream. I change of palette would work perfectly to distinguish between the brighter present and the darker middle ages.
    I am going back to college on the 10th, which means I will have a ton of free time. I would love to join your team, the caveat is that I only know a limited amount of XSE. The only reason is that I lack imagination, not skill - I figure I can pick up on the language way more quickly with proper motivation :) At the very least, I could help with boring dialog and XSE related event scripting.
    When I first read about this, I figured it was one of those over-ambitious hacks that never got anywhere, but it is AWESOME that you already have the features figured out!
    Either way, good luck with your hack, I really hope you can finish it!

Thanks, I will try to incorporate a palette change, though I still think the mountain needs to be several shades lighter. Second opinion on that? PM me contact details (MSN, Skype, etc) I would love some help!

I think the follow script works fine :? what wrong with it?

No, sadly, there are many bugs, such as no Start = Menu, Select = Registered item functionality, Walk through walls, buggy tile animations, and having to ability to talk/interact with warps, people, signs or other such events. Check my signature for a full list of bugs (follow the link and read the post)

Nice hack, I really adore the background of your titlescreen, it's really nice and cool. The palette of the tiles seem to fit the storyline of your hack. It's like the 4th movie, about time traveling with Celebi. Is there a time that the hero will be back to the present time?

Thank you. I wouldn't know, since I haven't watched the Anime in years. The hero won't be able to go back to his/her time until MUCH later, like the climax of the hack. The entire idea is that you get thrust back in time very early on, and the ENTIRE game is located in the past. I still haven't got far enough in the solid story development to decide though.

Really nice hack you have here.
    Your boot and title screens are simply amazing.
    CSS layout is nice also.
    And the feature part... marvelous! All things you mentioned are totally something new.
    Keep up the good work ;)
    I'll be keeping eye on this one :)

Thanks. I am hoping about getting those implemented soon.

UPDATE:
    Job Application:
    I currently have positions open for a good mapper, and a good spriter. I also need a very advanced scripter, capable of practically anything.

Application form:
    Position: [SCRIPTER|SPRITER|MAPPER]
    Team Experience: Have you been in a team before?
    Rom Hacks: What Rom Hacks have you been part of/made before?
    Proof of work:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots/Videos of Proof: This helps me see, and gets the application processed faster.
    Motivation: A paragraph of something similar motivating why you should be allowed to join
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Contact Availability: Do you have MSN, Skype, Yahoo, ICQ, etc? Say which ones you have here.

Need the BB-Code version? It's in this spoiler:
    Spoiler:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Position: [SPRITER]
    Team Experience: Not much, only joined three hacking teams, here, here and here. I don't actually want to be bound in a team, just sprite for people.
    Rom Hacks: Search the threads I made. I have an active hack's link in my signature.
    Proof of work:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots/Videos of Proof: no video. Screenshots - look above, in the spoiler.
    Motivation: I'm intrigued. And I can't help it.
    E-Mail Address: My MSN.
    Contact Availability: MSN - [email protected]

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
    Years
  • Position: [SPRITER]
    Team Experience: Not much, only joined three hacking teams, here, here and here. I don't actually want to be bound in a team, just sprite for people.
    Rom Hacks: Search the threads I made. I have an active hack's link in my signature.
    Proof of work:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots/Videos of Proof: no video. Screenshots - look above, in the spoiler.
    Motivation: I'm intrigued. And I can't help it.
    E-Mail Address: My MSN.
    Contact Availability: MSN - [email protected]

You're in. You pixel art is brilliant. Don't worry, you're not going to be bound to a team, I just want to know if you have the experience to listen to orders properly. If you've been in three teams, I'm sure you can - I just don't want to get a blank look when I ask for something. I'll add you on MSN later.

Years
  • The game is very interesting. The thought of the Pokemon world back 600 years ago is quite interesting, comparing it to the now a day Pokemon world.

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Application form:
    Position: SPRITER
    Team Experience: none
    Rom Hacks: What Rom Hacks have you been part of/made before? Ocean mist(you posponed it)
    Proof of work: For reasons unknown, I am unable to post spoilers, however if i remember correctly you have some sprites of mine.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Im so looking forward to this i just hope all the extra featured dont make it too complicated! I really look forward to seeing how the people in the past will deal with the hero.

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
    Years
  • Story Update

Ok, I'm restarting the scripting, to make use of a new story (don't worry it's the same concept, just adapted a bit), which is much better thought out and makes more sense. This will set back a bit on the release, but that won't matter much as I'm still waiting on the overworlds. So I might as well get an improved story. So for any of you that are still interested, here is the new adapted story, written in novel format:

Spoiler:

That's all for now. If that was tl;dr, I will be adding an updated short story to the main post, as well as this story I have posted here.

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    nice! btw hav u looked at my new groudon? comment when you have

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    This hack is lame as you modified the copyright by Gamefreak and Nintendo.

:) And it reminds me of one of those Pokemon shorts

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
    Years
  • This hack is lame as you modified the copyright by Gamefreak and Nintendo.

:) And it reminds me of one of those Pokemon shorts

0.o. I tried with just my copyright, then I decided that it was too empty, so then I made up a company. It was still to empty, so I added every copyright I could think of, now its not empty =).

Years
  • The spoiler on this page, for the story, wont work for me, is it the same as the one on the front page?

Years
  • Hey, give me more to do!
    I'm not sure if you have seen my earthquake/rockslide script, but I can adapt a similar one to (hopefully) make the ground dropping out from under four feet look pretty cool. For the blinding light, you could do the fade to white, with textboxes over it, I am pretty sure the fades are under the text layer, so you could visually show the trouble adjusting to the light. Anyway, PM and I'll give you my MSN sn.

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
    Years
  • I'm getting to the point in the hack where I am mapping routes. I need trainers for the routes.

Trainer Battle:

Name of trainer: Name
    Trainer Type: Youngster, Lass, Hiker, etc.
    Team: (Only Pokémon, no moves!)
    Spoiler:

Introduction: What they say before battle.
    Losing Text: What they say when you win.
    Additional Comments: Add more.

Please keep in mind that no gym leaders are accepted!

BB-CODE Version:
    Spoiler:

Keep in mind that if you fail to use this exact form, you request will be ignored! I will update all the trainers accepted on the main post. Remember that this will only be open for a limited amount of time, and that I hold the rights to end this at any time.

Last edited:

Alec_

Years
  • So far as what as I can see, It's pretty good.

I like how you present the hack, the screenshots, updates and etc. :3
    Good luck hope to see more updates and hope to play it~ :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back