• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HOTW #99] Pokémon Metallic Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
    hey dudes i'm back with a little favour
    [HOTW #99] Pokémon Metallic Ice

can you guys make a backsprite for that?
    I already made the preevo and backsprite for that, but i can't get the backsprite rite for this...
    I remember that fakemon you showed it to me one day i thought it was awesome :)

Last edited:

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    that was unnecessary.... and this is the older version T_T i have a newer one :P
    and if u make fun of it i won't help ya :P

PS. I made the grass lighter, and the red/blue less intense anything else?

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    @jt & TK- course it is

EDIT: new screenshots in first post, and older screenshots have been changed a bit.

Last edited:

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Spoiler:

EDIT: and maybe a few sinnoh pokemon....

EDIT #2 :P : Moving to prog hacks today....hopefully, we get more constructive critisim on some more stuff like the storyline :)

Last edited:

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Congrats on making it progressing hacks! And is that the final evo or is it just the 2nd stage?

thanks sully, and it is second stage.

PS. working on scratching some tiles :)

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    Hmm, at first, I thought the grass pathways looked funny and weren't bright enough to stand out on the grass, but it looks better from the in-game screenshots. Other than that, I find the mapping to be fairly decent. And the sprite you made is pretty good for a custom, but you'd just have to go over it in the official style to make it looks "Nintendo-Authentic". I could help you if you don't get what I mean.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Hmm, at first, I thought the grass pathways looked funny and weren't bright enough to stand out on the grass, but it looks better from the in-game screenshots. Other than that, I find the mapping to be fairly decent. And the sprite you made is pretty good for a custom, but you'd just have to go over it in the official style to make it looks "Nintendo-Authentic". I could help you if you don't get what I mean.

god dangit...i only made the pathways lighter cause everyone said it was to bright back in scrapbox. thnx, but i still haven't mastered shading yet, so i'll get one of my spriters to help me on that :P I'm more of a mapper/scripter/otherstuff than a spriter...

EDIT: new tree i made from scratch, but i have no use for it, so take without credit:

[HOTW #99] Pokémon Metallic Ice

Last edited:

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
    Cool tree, sorry about dropping off the face of the earth while you where questioning me, Um the older tiles looked like they had 6 color pallets like in G/s/c thats what I meant they didnt look new they looked like someone had threw paint up on them but the newer ones look alot better.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Cool tree, sorry about dropping off the face of the earth while you where questioning me, Um the older tiles looked like they had 6 color pallets like in G/s/c thats what I meant they didnt look new they looked like someone had threw paint up on them but the newer ones look alot better.

kk, I'm debating on having a short 1 gym beta or a longer one like in sienna Oo what do you guys think?

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    I think a simple 1-Gym Beta would do.

Mainly because it's easier to check stuff and BETA test, since there's less maps you have to go through, and you can get your results back faster. Plus, More Gyms means More Stuff...When I do my Betas, I usually do one Gym at a time. Maybe throw in a few non-city areas to keep players occupied or something.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I think a simple 1-Gym Beta would do.

Mainly because it's easier to check stuff and BETA test, since there's less maps you have to go through, and you can get your results back faster. Plus, More Gyms means More Stuff...When I do my Betas, I usually do one Gym at a time. Maybe throw in a few non-city areas to keep players occupied or something.

yea i wanted one gym too. But my one gym is one cave, two mini-routes and a few events away...so i think that should be enough to occupy people for a good hour or so....

PS. if your one of my beta testers PM me rite away, private announcement.

EDIT: should i try and run for hack of the week or something or wait till i release the beta...i'm thinking wait till next week...

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I would say get a little more work in befor running for Hack of week, there are is always next week lol.

yea well i'll release a beta soon...just as fast as i can get a beta tester who s actually online atm...too lazy to test myself.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Um we are not entering hack of the week this week, we will once i get a beta out there :D

but thnx :)

PS. what you guys think of this:

https://i49.tinypic.com/r25a11.png

the gamesfreak sign thingy is replaced with a dna strand but for some reason it won't let me take a screen shot of that frame :?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back