• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Houndoomed's DP Map Making Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
  • This thread is fantastic! It will be very helpful for my fan game Pkmn HOF in future releases and thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post such a nice tutorial in pokecommunity!
    :cool:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    Very nice tutorial, Houndoomed. Also, If you are making a map for Pokemon Essentials, here's how to not get flying errors(being out of place):
    1. Resize the water to 240x160.
    2. Draw map.
    3. When you get to making Routes and cities, split it into a grid, each square being 8x8.
    4. After that, reconnect the map.
    5. After you finish, resize the whole map to 200%.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Very nice tutorial, Houndoomed. Also, If you are making a map for Pokemon Essentials, here's how to not get flying errors(being out of place):
    1. Resize the water to 240x160.
    2. Draw map.
    3. When you get to making Routes and cities, split it into a grid, each square being 8x8.
    4. After that, reconnect the map.
    5. After you finish, resize the whole map to 200%.

Thanks for this, chaostres403 :)

Mind if I add it to the first post?

Years
  • This is a great tutorial! But the thing i dont get is how to set up the templet and size and stuff? If someone could please explain this stuff to me nicely in a pm id gladly appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    Great! Know all I need to know is how to make a support bar! Anyone know how? PM ME!!!

Chronic

Off for the Ultimate Victory!
    Years
  • Magnificent tutorial... By far, the most accurate one (and maybe the only one) I've seen so far. Hope you surprise us with more awesome stuff later on.

Read ya later...

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • Arrggh! When I found out this didn't fit I have to make this:
    Houndoomed's DP Map Making Tutorial

Again.

Thanks chaostres403 for telling us how to do it though.
    Time to make my self another HGSS map!

firekoopa

Combat the Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2020
    This is actually really well done and the map looks really profesional.
    Hm, but how do you import them??

PokeBal33

Learning how to hack..
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2009
    Nice tutorial, i might use this to make a region map in a hack that im making.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back