• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you with caffeine?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I'm not sure if this goes in The Mall or The Treehouse tbh

So, topic title obviously. How are you with caffeine? How much do you drink? Do you usually only have it to wake you up in the mornings? Do you even have it at all?

I'm bad when it comes to caffeine. Then again, it depends. Right now, I'm overly hyper and fangirly and can't control myself on Twitter either. fml guys pls send urgent help now.

Bay

Years
  • I drink caffeine on occasion, maybe once or twice a week. Sometimes it is to wake me up, other times a treat for myself if I go to like a coffee shop. Whenever I drink it I can feel my mind going haywired. Sometimes I'll then be unable to sleep, heh.

Years
  • I used to be addicted to it and couldn't function at work or in life without it. At that point I drank many coffees and sodas a day just to keep me satisfied. Now I just have a cup of coffee every couple of days. I mainly use it now to increase my attention and focus when I need to do something important or for when I do a speedrun. It really helps me for speedruns because I tend to forget routes, but when I have a coffee during it I remember everything and I get in the zone so quickly.

pkmin3033

Baaaaaaaad. I don't drink caffeine at all, I don't have a very high tolerance for it and I don't really see the point of building one up when I'd probably only wind up addicted to it. One cup of coffee in the morning (no milk, four or five sugars at least) would be enough to have me bouncing around the house for the entire day, then it'd keep me up at night, then it'd make me feel horrible the next morning until I had another one. Rinse and repeat. I had a week at University during my first year where I experimented with caffeine when I was working a part-time weekend job, because I couldn't handle the 4am wake-up times. People thought I was drunk. It turns me into...not me.

Just the caffeine in soluble paracetomol is enough to set me off if I take it on an empty stomach...which I usually do, because my appetite is the first thing to go when I don't feel well.

So, no. No caffeine for me.

Years
  • Caffeine doesn't really affect me so I don't go out of my way to drink it. Maybe every other day I have some from tea. Maybe if I drank coffee or soda I might get enough of it to have some effect, but honestly I don't want to deal with the possibility of addiction, craziness, or withdrawal.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Baaaaaaaad. I don't drink caffeine at all, I don't have a very high tolerance for it and I don't really see the point of building one up when I'd probably only wind up addicted to it. One cup of coffee in the morning (no milk, four or five sugars at least) would be enough to have me bouncing around the house for the entire day, then it'd keep me up at night, then it'd make me feel horrible the next morning until I had another one. Rinse and repeat. I had a week at University during my first year where I experimented with caffeine when I was working a part-time weekend job, because I couldn't handle the 4am wake-up times. People thought I was drunk. It turns me into...not me.

Just the caffeine in soluble paracetomol is enough to set me off if I take it on an empty stomach...which I usually do, because my appetite is the first thing to go when I don't feel well.

So, no. No caffeine for me.

Caffeine doesn't usually affect me. When it does, I go through what you just explained though. I think I may have over did it on how much of the iced coffee I drank. Like, if I drink a can of coke with caffeine, or a small bottle... it's enough to keep me up at night, yet it won't give me any kind of hyperactivity or make me bounce of the walls. Too much caffeine obviously causes me to become a rabid fangirl. I pretty much discovered this not too long ago after having a few fangirl outbursts via LJ and Twitter. NEVER AGAIN... it was kind of fun though.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I drank nothing but coke when I was a kid so I've had enough for this life. I think coffee is bitter grossness anyway.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I drink hot coffee in the morning if i need it, then if i see my local coffee shop, i get some cold fraps since the whether is still so warm and sunny. Obviously its not to be taken during the evenings, but when cramming for academic requirements or gaming for that big grind is needed, then i take another dose of iced coffee for that sweet delicious boost.

Its something that i've gotten used to. I remember finally getting used to coffee at around 2nd year high school when i finally got to drink something from Starbucks since my mom was concerned that i shouldn't be drinking caffeine at a young age.

Years
  • I used to drink a lot of energy drinks but I gave that up a while back, honestly caffeine doesnt really matter to me these days, I really hate coffee and I have like 4 cans max a week of stuff like coke. Its never been something that ive been really addicted too and it doesn't make me crazy hyper like it does for some people.

Years
  • I only drink coffee in the mornings if I need to stay awake for an event but didn't get a lot of sleep the night before or just woke up feeling tired. Other than that, I'll typically have tea at dinner or an occasional soda in the daytime.

Caffeine really doesn't have much of an effect on my system though. :x

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I like coffee and tea. I typically have about 1-2 cups a day (of each; today I had one cup of coffee and one cup of tea). I used to drink caffeinated soft drinks, but I gave them up for the most part a while back.

Caffeine doesn't keep me awake or anything, but I have reason to believe it messes with my digestive system. It'd be sad if that was the case.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Literally every day. 3 or 4 cups at least. I'm drinking it right now... I have a dependency :( Y'know what I really don't understand though? People who drink decaf. It's right up there with non-alcoholic beer.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • I'm okay with it. I can't have more than 1 cup a day though lol

Years
  • I swear it does absolutely nothing for me...or at least, so little that I barely notice it. Maybe a small increase in energy, maybe the slightest perk among any fatigue? But nothing so noticeable that I would have any ill effects if I didn't have any caffeine within a day.

I usually have like a soda can or two's worth per day, max. Usually the one. And I don't need it in the mornings to wake up, thankfully.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I drink it here and there; I'm not as addicted as say, my parents (and most middle aged people) are, who have to have a cup every morning and evening. I am a massive fan of tea, however, mainly because of its health benefits. And, since it's Winter here (or Autumn still - maaan it feels like Winter), you can expect me to drink maybe 3 cups of tea a day on average.

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • My blood is probably 50% caffeine.
    Can't go a day without a coffee and not feel like shit. I usually drink from 1-3 coffees again.
    Not a huge fan of energy drinks or other caffeinated drinks though, which is probably a good thing.

I'll drink tea once in a while when I'm feeling nostalgic about the UK, but aside from that it's only coffee!

Back