• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How can a Dugtrio use fury swipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsh4d0wx

lul
    Years
    I was playing FR and i found a Dugtrio then it used Fury Swipes.
    How could something with three heads possibly use this attack.
    Does any one have an explanation for this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Probably in the same way a pokemon can use hyper beam...it probably uses some sort of energy slash or something. idk.

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    Its toes that we will never see, or it has a dry lumpy nose or something.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    maybe it combines the 3 heads to form a claw, or it has invisible hands. (Take goomba in mario super sluggers, it can hold a bat yet no hands), ahh nintendo creates such things for us to ponder XD♪♪

shockzone

Titles are to short to have a-
    Years
    Maybe they just use their heads to swipe or form a hand made of earth and swipe or just nintendo wants us to think until our brains become mush.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    You do realise that Dugtrio is a mole Pokemon? So where the dirt meets Dugtrio, it doesn't mean that is the end of his body. His body continues underground where he no doubt has arms and legs.
    He comes up and scratches them.
    You just don't see any of it because we are restricted to seeing one sprite of a Pokemon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was playing FR and i found a Dugtrio then it used Fury Swipes.
    How could something with three heads possibly use this attack.
    Does any one have an explanation for this?

Not me...I didnt even know that, it does seem awkward...has no hands O_O

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    There is no proof Dugtrio has no hands. It is a mole, half its body is concealed underground. I stated in my post, because we are limited to one sprite per Pokemon, we can never see the rest of Dugtrio. But being a mole Pokemon, I assume it has a body.

xsh4d0wx

lul
    Years
    You guys have brought up some good reasons but for everyone who says it uses its teeth your wrong beasue the description of fury swipes is "rakes the foe with sharp claws"

On the other hand i have read that a dugtrio can't learn fury swipes in ruby, sapphire or emerald.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hmmm...I always thought that it used the earth to form hands out of the ground and dirt to swipe the foe...but that's just me using my wild imagination...lol

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    You know Dugtrio could have claws, I mean, it is a mole. The just don't show you them...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back