• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How can a Dugtrio use fury swipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
    Yeah... how can this seemingly extremity - LESS entity use something like fury swipes.
    It's a mole...it has to have appendages for an attack like fury swipes...

It uses it's unseen lower limbs?

I'm clueless. Nintendo gives us questions for us to contemplate about...

Years
    You do realise that Dugtrio is a mole Pokemon? So where the dirt meets Dugtrio, it doesn't mean that is the end of his body. His body continues underground where he no doubt has arms and legs.
    He comes up and scratches them.
    You just don't see any of it because we are restricted to seeing one sprite of a Pokemon.
    I think this is the most likely explanation to why Dugtrio can use Fury Swipes.

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    Even though it seems there would be a body under there.. sometimes I wonder if that patch of dirt is really the rest of his body. >_> I've never looked at diglett the same way again after seeing it float on Pokeballoons on Pokemon Ranch. xD

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
    In pokemon mystery dungeon red and blue you have to rescue a Diglett pretty early one. When you do he says something along the lines of "I was so high up my feet were dangling" or something... Its not that but something like that. Anyways Digletts and Dugtrios have feet and arms. You just never see them.

The Red Chain

I think the only logical answer is pretty much this: we're talking about pokemon, and anything can happen.

Yeah, like Azelf with Roar of Time. [Bored hack. XDD]

Well, Dugtrio and Diglett are supposed to be moles..
    Moles have claws.. yeah.
    Though you never see what's beyond their head, it's obvious they have something to dig with, in this case claws.

Years
    I always thought Diglett/Dugtrio had tentacles. Not ten exactly, just tentacle-like appendages.
    Said appendages erupt from the ground like a geyser of pain. They rotor and twist to move the Diglett.
    Kinda like that anti-weed gardening tool for dandelions.

Like a child playing squid with a partly peeled banana.
    Spins his banana to swim. Swings like a flail to attack a whale (and lose a hunk of nana).

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2009
    first of all the show probably abandoned them (ever see it in any place such as a pokemon center or anything? no cause there is no ground around)

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    I always thought that they have legs but for some strange reason they can't come out of the ground all the way.

If they find out how then they will rule the world.

Okay, so I really don't know.

Ask Arceus, he/she is the creator of all pokemon, right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2009
    I always thought that they have legs but for some strange reason they can't come out of the ground all the way.

If they find out how then they will rule the world.

Okay, so I really don't know.

Ask Arceus, he/she is the creator of all pokemon, right?
    just a rumor noone actual knows he did that even people in the pokemon world knows that. im sure future pokemon series will prove he isnt

and you people are dumb to believe it cause hes a pokemon himself and something had to create him so ....

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    With its hidden claws!
    It is a mole Pokemon, and moles have to use their claws to dig, so it uses its claws to attack.
    Common sense, people! Just because I can't see your brain, doesn't mean you don't use it.

just a rumor noone actual knows he did that even people in the pokemon world knows that. im sure future pokemon series will prove he isnt

and you people are dumb to believe it cause hes a pokemon himself and something had to create him so ....

Well the game does mention that Arceus came from an egg. What's funny is that Mew was credited as the ancestor of all Pokemon, but here comes Arceus.

Last edited:

EvilMudkip

plannin' ur doom
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    In Battle Revolution, if you use Seismic Toss on Diglett/Dugtrio, the dirt will just come with it so that the tossed-to-space sprite is the same as normal.
    I am not allowed to post links yet, so search this in YouTube:
    Pokemon Seismic Toss Dugtrio

I have also seen funny drawings where the underground part is a tall, dark, muscular man with a Diglett as its head. In a Dugtrio, three men are hugging XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    EvilMudkip, please don't revive threads over a month old. kthxbai.

Le lock;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back