• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Can We Jumpstart the RP Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    AE: Well, you make quite a point there. I guess I've just played one too many Square Enix games, they make it look easy. D:

Anyway, speaking of magical fighting, I don't wanna give too much away about my character before he is made, but I've already started making concept ideas, drawings (For the sake of concept) and whatnot, and I've planned so that he uses many card related attacks, it may sound kinda corny, but he could I dunno, use an attack called 'Ace of Spades,' and the enemy is attacked by a big ace, (as the ace of spades is always huge.) Would something along those lines be easy to cast?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Well, it depends on how the ace-thingie attacks, but if we're talking something simple like dropping something heavy on top of someone then that's not too difficult at all, as long as you have something to modify it from (Heck, a playing card would do if you want to be all thematic. xD). And of course it's slightly simpler if you do it as pure illusion (I.e. making it appear and feel like the person is being attacked). Shouldn't be a problem. And yes, the Squeenix folks have it easy, but there are good reasons for why the method that would make that easy is banned. ;D

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Well, I've only seen the two first episodes of that anime so I wouldn't know. Dang, this is starting to feel like déja vu of the Adopter RP (Which, everyone insisted, bore a haunting resemblance to Digimon). Why do my plots tend to resemble animes I don't know? :O But yeah, I figured that full medieval was a bit too cliché. :3
    Why do your plots tend to resemble anime you're unaware of? I'd just chalk it up to mere coincidence if I were you. x3

For the record, Fullmetal Alchemist is set somewhere around World War I (the upper limit of my estimate for the RP setting's tech level, incidentally). The actual tech level in FMA would be summed up kinda like this:

• Automobile technology is at least late 1920s vintage (at least as far as body style is concerned).
    • Electricity is available only in large cities; rural areas still depend on gas lamps and candlelight for illumination. Telephone service is widely available, though.
    • Absolutely no aircraft other than zeppelins and hot-air balloons.
    • Firearms technology is at least World War II level, with widespread adoption of semiautomatic rifles and submachine guns among the military. Machine guns are based more on the 1930s-vintage MG34 and MG42 than on the Maxim-derived models actually used during World War I.
    • Armoured vehicles are of Spanish Civil War (mid-1930s) vintage, with lots and lots of light tanks; none of those clunky, turretless iron bricks the British used in World War I.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Why do your plots tend to resemble anime you're unaware of? I'd just chalk it up to mere coincidence if I were you. x3

*insert tech here*

Lol, I have no idea where you're going with this, but if you join Chibi will be ecstatic~ This sorta reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist for the same reasons, but hey, who doesn't like FMA? :P

So...RP starts when?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    RP starts when David gets back.

I don't see where you're going with that either Jack, but I guess it might have some sort of relevance to the RP, from the bits and pieces I understand, so I'll just ignore it.

Teachers:

Alter Ego [lulz for super critz.]
    Iruka [lulz for super long posts that actually have meaning in them.]
    Asch [lulz for being a scary admin who would strangle me if I put him in Year 7.]

Year 8: Art_Critic_Cubone (Though he would better fit in the 'Unplaced' category, as even though I've RPed with him a lot, I still don't remember how he RP's. xDD)

Year 7: OmniReaper, Kuraudo Sutoraifu, Chikara, Mr. Altosax, Chigiri, ASCH (LULZ BUT I DID IT ANYWAY.)

Unplaced as of Yet: Chibi-chan, Zaiku, Meh.

And those are the only people that I remember posting in here... OH YEAH. *adds*

That's how I see things. If there are any objections whatsoever to what I decided, don't hesitate to say so. :x Or, do you want to pick this, Alter Ego? Since it IS your plot?

Also, speak up if you're not going to join, or if you weren't placed on the current list. We can keep updating it until David gets back.

Last edited:

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    Oh, oh, yeah 8D. Miki-chan Rena-chan wants to join also [/shot'd because doesn't have an intellectual post.]

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I don't see where you're going with that either Jack, but I guess it might have some sort of relevance to the RP, from the bits and pieces I understand, so I'll just ignore it.
    It does indeed have some relevance, at least as far as the setting of the RP is concerned.

As for my actual involvement in this endeavor, you can file me under the "unplaced" category.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Unplaced simply means that I haven't decided yet. I'll file you where I want to.

Teachers: Alter Ego, Iruka, Asch, MIKI-CHAN AND COIN-CHAN

We can't have too many teachers though... So....

Year 8: Art_Critic_Cubone (I don't know if anyone else's opinion differs, but I'm pretty sure someone *cough* has an opinion on this placement. Don't worry, I don't think you're an egoistic snob ACC, it's someone else. xDD)

In between: Jack O'Neill leaning towards 8. You're good at RPing, but if you can show me that you can RP something COMPLETELY unrelated to guns, military intellect, and specific models of bullets and M20149V2934835's, (random numbers and an 'M' ftw.) then I'd put you in Year 8 hands down. Diversity is the main thing you need to work on. And, you need to learn how to talk to other people in a way that doesn't seem so blunt and rude. Every post you make just makes me feel like I need to be on the defense so I'm not caught off guard when you insult me for something. :< That's not a good enviroment for RPer's.

Zaiku, leaning towards 7. I see that you CAN RP, but the point is is that you need to learn something important, that JBC needs to learn too. Paragraphs, m'man. :< Paragraphs. And since that's so crucial, it's towards 7. ^^;

Year 7: Omnireaper, Chigiri (You need some super glue or something to glue you to one place! >O You're always jumping all over the place with idea's, but you should try to root yourself with one and work on that single plot, and give it lot's of thought.), Kuraudo Sutoraifu, Mr. Altosax (From what I remember, you should be in 7, but I don't think I've ever actually RPed with you.), Chikara (You're rusty gal! :O)

Unplaced: Chibi-chan (Probably Year 8, for the sheer fact that we'll have a lot of teachers if this keeps going.), Niwa (LULZORZ WHY R JOO HERE?), Miki-chan (LULZORZ JOO 2 R SO FUHNEE, WHAT JOO POSTING HERE 4?)

*jumps off cliff for using numbers as abbreviations*

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Zaiku, leaning towards 7. I see that you CAN RP, but the point is is that you need to learn something important, that JBC needs to learn too. Paragraphs, m'man. :< Paragraphs. And since that's so crucial, it's towards 7. ^^;

Ok, ok, I won't panic, *heavy pant breathing*
    So it's paragraphs I got to work on. Something I want to know, will we be judged on our sign-up and our previous RP posts, or just the sign up and the RP sample? I just want to know, are you giving us a 'heads up' sorta thing here, or this is final judging?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    This isn't the FINAL thing, so DEEP BREATHS DUDE, BREEEEEEAAAATH. XDDD

This is just my view on positions. If ANYONE has an objection to their placement, feel free to bring it up jah?

This is based on what I've seen. Seeing as there haven't been any sign-ups yet. < <

But, I might let Alter Ego pick in the end, if he really wants to, as he did the plot, he has the right to be Kami-sama again and pass judgement on all our sorry er... butts.

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    I'M FLATTER-DAKFLHAKLGHRLG xD.

Well, Jyu-jyu-tan, Mik's joining because she deserves some criticism, and a fun RP <3. And no "WHY CRITICISM, MIKI-CHAN'S ALREADY A GODDESS =3." And because magic is awesome-schmasome, and I have a character in mind <3.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I'm surprised you're not a teacher yourself Jyukai! Being a student would be for fun IMO :3~ JACKKK~ We haven't RPed since....that last RP where we got into that amazingly awesome catfight for an entire page XD. I've got an entire character set up already. I wish that for character appearances that you could put a picture reference though and at least credit or something. Along with the one paragraph of course.

On another note, my router is getting better~

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm surprised you're not a teacher yourself Jyukai! Being a student would be for fun IMO :3~ JACKKK~ We haven't RPed since....that last RP where we got into that amazingly awesome catfight for an entire page XD. I've got an entire character set up already. I wish that for character appearances that you could put a picture reference though and at least credit or something. Along with the one paragraph of course.

On another note, my router is getting better~

Second the notion. Totally forgot about that when I went to go make a charrie, I was like, "No picchars?! Errr... Then I'll draw one. *goes to scribble for an hour before finally discarding sketch*"

As long as we can't use the image alone, and have to describe like everything first. :/

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Place me in year eight? HOW DARE YOU! *shoots own ego*

Yeah, year eight is fine. My main problem with roleplaying is that I tend to read through posts too quickly and have faulty info in my responses, but otherwise, I think I'm fine. Well, except for my total lack of ideas of my own... most of my characters are amalgams of certain archetypes I like. That, and I need to stop playing the nice guy so often. Seriously, I'm going to make my character so evil, you'll think he's the spirit brother of Simon Cowell, or an equally nasty curmudgeon. XD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Place me in year eight? HOW DARE YOU! *shoots own ego*

Yeah, year eight is fine. My main problem with roleplaying is that I tend to read through posts too quickly and have faulty info in my responses, but otherwise, I think I'm fine. Well, except for my total lack of ideas of my own... most of my characters are amalgams of certain archetypes I like. That, and I need to stop playing the nice guy so often. Seriously, I'm going to make my character so evil, you'll think he's the spirit brother of Simon Cowell, or an equally nasty curmudgeon. XD

*shoots your ego too*

>O No. LULZ totally kidding. That's the main reason why I was iffy on you, but even if your skills are worth a teacher's, I have to point out that if I put everyone I thought deserved to be a teacher, we'd only have year 7's and teachers. :x Which is why I might put Niwa and Mik-chan in Year 8. "MAKE SIGN-UPS SHORTER, THUS EASIER TO READ."

xDDD Not seriously though.

@Chibi-chan: Late response, LULZFTW. Anyway, I'm not a teacher because I need to work on quality. xDDDDDDDDDDDD And plot writing and stuff, but I'll probably work on plot writing by myself. Most of my posts look really long, but trust me. When I make a post, the first thing I think is, "Okay. What can I use as padding for this post, but it won't stick out because I've used it already?"

xDDD

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    *has already filled out a sign up sheet* >:3

If there are going to be a lot of people joining, do you think there should be a separate signup thread along with an OOC thread? I can just see new signups clogging up the actual RP thread or corrections needing to be made and another signup sheet made and all that stuff *coughcoughyouknowwhatImeancoughcough* That way, it might be easier for a full student roster and for new people to slip into the RP! ^-^

Post padding? Tsk, tsk. Follow the wise words of George Orwell, "Never use a long word where a short one will do." >:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Tsk tsk, you know the words of The Laziest Moddie on earth.

"Always use a long word when you can use a short one."

xDDDD

Yazz, I believe we will have an OOC thread, and I'm sure that can double as a sign-up thread. I also think that this RP needs a name, or did I overlook that? :x

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    *shoots own ego as well* Playing the gunslinging militarist with a superiority complex has always been fun, though. XD

SIG-Sauer P226 chambered in .40 S&W. Can you say that along with me? SIG-Sauer P226 chambered in .40 S&W. Good. XP *shotshotshotshotshot*

And yes, this RP definitely needs a name. As always, defer to Alter Ego; it's his baby, after all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back