• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can you type like that?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I used to go with hunt and peck, now I freestyle all over the place. I would make Mavis Beacon literally ♥♥♥♥ her pants with how awesome I type. My WPM is pretty high, too.

Years
    I'm usually regarded as a fast typer. I type with both hands most of the time. I had a keyboarding class a long time ago that was a serious drag on occasion. =(

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I type with both my hands and all my fingers...unless I stop to think about it, then I start typing with my index fingers only; a habit I've been trying (and failing) to break. I can touch-type, and I think my typing speed is something along the lines of 80 wpm...although it's been a while since I last checked. I did some transcription work last year, and I think I might actually have started typing a bit faster as a result...

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
    I type with all my fingers fairly fast though I tend to trip a lot and have to fix spelling errors as I type. Though by now, I can click the delete button at the speed of light so I don't even realize when I correct errors anymore. : P

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    My fashion of typing is like some weird hybrid of two-finger typing and touch typing (I do both at the same time) and I never look at the keyboard unless, of course, I make a mistake, in which case I'll have to look down to recalibrate myself. Speed depends on what keyboard I'm using - I'm blazing fast (clocking >100wpm) on an onboard laptop keyboard and considerably slower on a USB one. I'm stuck using the latter at the moment as I poured tea on my laptop, breaking a few things in the process (keyboard inclusive).

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I use my entire hand, just like I was taught at school. When I'm about to type anything, my hands just instinctively go on the entire keyboard.

Typing I'm sort of in between fast and slow, around 35 to 45 (the faster the more mistakes I make) words a minute. I do tend to make lots of spelling mistakes (not just punctuation, but certain words too), so in PC I tend to use the edit button a lot.

edit: I just remember, the only time I use two fingers is when I need to use an ALT-character and don't want to bother switching between languages, especially between English and Spanish.

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I type with 2 fingers, with my thumb on the space bar. I've averaged around 55-60 WPM with my 2 indexes :p I make a moderate amount of errors though, so I have to backspace often. I also don't have to look at the keyboard.

edit: I have an 80 WPM

Last edited:

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I type with my hands on home row, and don't ever have to look down. I type too quickly. My keyboarding teacher let me teach the class once. It didn't end well. I type so fast sometimes my keyboard doesn't recognize that I even hit a key. Either that or I type faster than my brain can process.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm very familiar with my keyboard's layout, so in most cases, I don't have to look at all when typing. :] I type with both my hands and all my fingers, and try to finish whatever I'm writing as fast as I possibly can. I do make typos here and there, but I fix them when they catch my eye.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I type with the majority of my fingers but I actually think I shift my fingers and don't use my pinkies at all. I am watching myself type right now and I've only used my pinky to hit the shift key. My left thumb hovers over the space bar and my right thumb does nothing. So I guess I type with nine fingers? My right pinky hits enter and in the rare case right shift. :D

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    If anything I type pretty fast and I don't look at my keyboard unless really necessary, but it takes awhile to learn, and to be able to actually perfect it, but I still glance at my keyboard every once in awhile just to be sure, it helps.

Sirfetch’d

I type with all 8 fingers haha. Some people find it a bit unusual but it's just how i've adapted to typing over the years and it's made me into a much faster typer overall!

PinkOmnimon

Alpha and Omega
    Years
    Depends what I'm doing and who I'm talking to when I type. If I'm stuffing my face or talking to someone I don't care for I'll just use my right hand and tap the keys with whichever finger feels like tapping something.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I mainly use home row. I don't do it correctly, since I don't really use my pinky fingers all that much and if I type for too long without stopping, sometimes I don't go back to homerow properly and I'll start to mess up my letters but... for the most part I'm pretty good. I'm the fastest typist of anyone I know IRL and my speed is usually around 110 wpm when I test it. When old people (ie, parents or their friends) are in the room while I'm typing it usually freaks them out but no one else has really cared or noticed in years.

I'm content with how quickly I type but I wish my accuracy was a little better. I have to go back and correct way more often than I'm comfortable with. :(

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    LOL i don't even know what proper typing is! I started by typing with only one hand but now i use a hand and a half, which means i use my right hand to type most of the stuff and my left end to pick up the pieces like putting e\s\y at the end of words and using the space key etc. I also type very very fast and know exactly what i want to write so im focused on the mission. I type relatively loud but if i need to keep quiet i use one hand

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    I would say type medium fast, most of the time with 4 fingers.
    Normally i look at the screen, but i do look down from time to time

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I use one finger from both hands. The other fingers just rest on the keyboard while I type away. Trying to type with all of my fingers feels really weird. I'm a pretty fast typer though, at least that's what a lot of my classmates have commented on. XD

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I use both hands and pretty much all of my fingers except my thumbs lol I don't look at the keyboard either while typing; no need.

I get a lot of comments at work about how fast I type in comparison to them lol

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I touch type. If I look at the keyboard while I'm typing, I slow down and start to mess up.

My hands always return to home row, so I think I type properly.

Back