• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you come up with your username?

Years
  • Sammi is one of my nicknames irl (although not a common one). -san is a Japanese honorific.

Back in like 2004, my sister and I were going through a phase where we loved ~everything~ Japanese it seemed, and she nicknamed me sammi-san. I liked it and used it as a username. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My username was kinda random. I wanted to be called Meganium, but the name was already taken. So I added the random number 90, which is my birth year. Another reason why is that I had an issue with my ex, so I had some sort of an online identity crisis I guess. lol

ZeviL

Nihilist
    Years
  • Well that's OK, I'd still like to know where they came from. What's the story behind yours?

Usually it is obvious where their username came from, for example, "RaichuKing". I got mine long ago when I first started playing MMORPG (Maple Story, Ragnarok Online etc). It's a combination of "Devil" and my name, so combing both words together and BAM, ZeviL. Capitalise the L for a cooler effect.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • 'King of the Blues' is a song by blues-rock guitarist, Gary Moore. The song is featured in the album 'Still got the Blues' released in 1990. The song is written about blues guitarist, Albert King but I thought I would use 'King of the Blues' to describe Gary Moore, who often played blues and blues-rock. Gary Moore in my opinion was one of the very many, kings of the blues.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Seeing as this is my second username, I guess I wasn't to creative. I made a poll, which I sent to my friends to see which name was better:
    Charizard★
    Articuno♠
    Dragonite♣

Then I decided on Dragonite, but my sister saw the poll, and was mad at me at the time so she changed it to Charizard, but no big deal I guess...

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    (Charizard looks better imo).

Anyways, I came up with my username sort of like a play from one of my older usernames, which was randomly thought up of when I was trying to decide a new name for a few forum while keeping the initials everyone called me by. So... it pretty much went like this:

DanPhantomFan - The unoriginal name that I had when I joined a Danny Phantom forum (Dan is short for Danny, btw. For those you've seen the movie with Dan Phantom).
    DigiPeachFruit: - The random username I thought up of when I wanted a new name but wanted to keep the initials. I'm not sure exactly where I got it at all, but it had a nice ring to it so I went along with it.
    and finally
    BinaryPeaches: My friend (who brought me back into Digimon) and I were poking fun at my username saying "Digital Peaches, the Peaches are Binary". Eventually, I dropped the Digi and Fruit and added binary, so the whole 'The Peaches are Binary' thing made more sense.

This isn't usually how I tell the origin of my username, but I decided to mix it up a bit.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • No idea. It comes from my first e-mail address (the now defunct [email protected]), but I can't remember the circumstances behind why I chose those random combinations of words and numbers. It's going to stay with me until I die, or the internet starts running amok and destroying everything... but I can't say why I am who I am, really.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I saw some guy's username on some other forum was Nightowl, so I asked him and he allowed me to make my user name Solarowl. XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's the dub name of a Pokemon character, whose Japanese name is Shuu. Also, ( despite the beliefs of some) it's not my real name. D: Just getting that out there, since I've had that asked before. Not that I can blame them, with a couple of the other s-mods using their real names.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I've always been fascinated by lies. Why do people lie? What makes people lie?

I used to lie about everything, to everyone - irl and online. Not so much like "no I didn't eat that cookie mom" but like I just never really showed who I was. Hiding something is essentially lying, imo. But... I had a revelation, I guess. I was determined not to lie anymore, so when I came to PC I came with a name meaning "truth". :x

Plus the French language is pretty. |D

Years
  • I tend to say Chill out all the time and one day my friends just started calling me chilly and Chillout so it kind of just stuck.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Zeffy is the nickname those poeple in WOFZ called me, well I ordered them to call me that but w/e, when I was using my first 2 usernames: UltimaZelfier and Zelfier. It grew on me.

I got UltimaZelfier because I was thinking about FFII that time and the spell "Ultima". And the Zelfier part...well, its just a random thing that popped into my mind. I don't even know where I got it from.

Asterio

This should be easy.
    Years
  • I think I kind of just made it up. I remember once I was looking up a flower (can't remember why) and came across one called "Asteria." I thought that sounded sort of cool and fitted my style, but it had a feminine sound to it so I just changed the "a" to an "o" and that was that.

I just looked up my username on urbandictionary and according to the definition, it means "an amazing artist with many talents but with little to say."

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • I was sitting in a toilet cubicle when I looked at the door and saw this name. Then I thought 'I could use that'.

The rest was history.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I was sitting in a toilet cubicle when I looked at the door and saw this name. Then I thought 'I could use that'.

The rest was history.

How did you come up with your username?

I'm am very interested in that story. For some weird reason.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm a big fan on the Pokémon Mew. :D "Mew" and "Mew." were taken so I used "Mew~"

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Well, my name comes the very first screen name I ever used, which was at the Supercheats forums. That name came from the nickname I gave my Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow. And the 642 itself come from when I would play video games on my grandmother's computer, I would use that number when submitting my high scores. (I can't remember what the number was attached to, though. :\) So yeah, Pikapal + 642. :D

Back