• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
I trained up only two pokemon so that I could rush her pokemon to the ground. Unfortunately, they were about the same level and the Whitney-Miltank duo won. In order to beat her, I had to use the old stun-spray tactic. I sent out Chikorita first to bodyslam it to the ground. When Zals(Chikorita) barely survived its impact, I quickly switched out for Tempesta(Pidgey) and had it sand attack Miltank until it was as blind as a zubat. To finish it off, Tempesta threw mighty gusts at the helpless thing.
[Fin]

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
My Golem ***** slapped her and her stupid Miltank...done and done...

Whitney, for me, is one of the most anticipated gym leaders in all the game...

Debatably, I find that Whitney is the most difficult gym leader to defeat in any of the Pokémon game releases. Coming to defeat her often takes a single strategy. Some people find that winging it works better than strategizing her defeat, but in most cases, once you lose to her you realize that you need to do something different with the way you handeled the battle. And it isn't the battle itself that's difficult; it's her Miltank.

As for my strategy defeating it - at first I thought it was to overpower it. So I faught it thinking nothing of it... and I lost. I didn't want to let that happen again, so I took advantage of my Flaaffy's static ability and used that as my key towards defeating her. With the chances of paralyzing her Miltank, I combined that strategy with overhauling X stats; special and speed. I did so in my battle with her Clefairy, which is what I believe was put there for the purpose of preparing for Miltank. Other than that, it's pretty pointless of a Pokémon.

I took the time to use my X special to be sure that my ThunderShock would do the trick. I used about six or seven of those and then took down the Clefairy. When Miltank came out, lucky me, it attacked and got hit with that static ability on the spot. I was surprised because of how lucky I was for that. Then, I used ThunderShock and it... fainted. Hell yeah! I think I managed to defeat it so easily based on luck, though. Thankfully, my Flaaffy was a female and the attract attack wouldn't be able to do anything against it. I think if it did that, I would have been done for considering most of the time attract makes it so I can't attack at all since I'm somehow ALWAYS immobilized by love.

How the hell did you paralyze her on one try? she has a berry that removes paralysis once...

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I tried so hard to beat that fat ***** to the ground. It was hard, with it using Milk Drink and Attract every time. That was so annoying. >.> I just endured and trained all of my Pokemon equally.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
I over killed that Whitney's Milktank. I was so busy EV training my Croconaw that by the time I even battled her, I one hit KO her with my Feraligatr.

High Phys. Atk + Bite + Crit = Knock out

Coin

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 1, 2010
I over-leveled my Pokemon in the beginning of the game, making the gyms easier.

...It worked.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I Never found Whitney hard, i always have and always will use the move thunder wave to beat her. If you use Thunder wave her Rollout Is virtually useless even against a quilava

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
After I got Headbutt, I went back to Azalea town and caught a female Heracross. Stuck her in the daycare for awhile til she reached level (either 17 or 18), trained her to the next level to learn Brick Break. Took out Miltank in either 2 or 3 shots.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I used Aipom to beat her Clefairy, then had it Tickle Miltank about 3 times (lowering its Attack and Defense) until Aipom finally got knocked out, then sent out Croconaw to KO it with Ice Fang. It was my second try though - the first time Clefairy got lucky with Metronome and used Explosion, which knocked out Aipom, and Miltank proceeded to pretty much sweep me.

So yeah, I think Miltank still could be a total pain to take out, but I got lucky with my Aipom strategy.

Syrp/Pnoob

Buy one, get one free
Years
Whitney wasn't that hard. I mean, really.

Granted, the Miltank got on my nerves, but it wasn't so difficult I threw my DS across the room.

No, I'm saving that for Red.

-S

11wildy

Me!
Years
HG/SS not out yet, but I'll probably do the same as always. I continue to the national park, get the Dig TM and use it to interrupt Rollout.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
I just trained a Geodude into a Graveler then traded it over to another ds so it would evolve into Golem,then traded it back.
When I started the battle off I used Rollout(EPIC MOVE) then it got Clefairy down to red,whitney used Super Potion(Or Hyper Potion I dont remember)then roll out did 2x,ko'd Clefairy,Miltank came in,used rollout,not very effective,I used rollout (3x),and Ko'd it!

Gaspar

No Hacks
Years
I can see why she'd be frustrating to some but I had all my team at level 20, but Dratini + Dragon Rage took care of Whitney for me.

zenakrua

CSS Pirate
Years
FLAAFY

FLAFFY FLAFFY FLAFFY.

Oh my GOD this pokemon was a lifesaver. Static has come through for me many a time and even played a central role in defeating Clair with my three-poke team of underlevelled Umbreon, Typhlosion, and Ampharos.

Dimenticato

Bounty Hunter
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
There's only a problem with Miltank if you aren't careful; I used psychic types and with a mixture of Hypnosis and Confuse ray, It wasn't too hard.

Back