• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
  • I used an Onix that I traded in-game. Just used Rock Smash a couple of time and beat her on my first try.

Years
  • I never played Gold and Silver the first time around, so I had no idea she was coming. She stomped my team to death the first go around. Beat her the second time very easily though. I put my Gastly out and used curse on the Miltank. Next move the Gastly was out for the count, but the curse stayed (through several full restores and heals even, which is helpful). After that the rest of my team was able to handle it, no problem.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • May the fatcow come down and be kicked !

I didn't have any strategy ! ^^ I rawred my way with a Pidgeotto and a Quilava . Thing is , I was lucky : Rollout never streaked more than two ! :)

Looking forward to more luck in Pokemon HearGold Version : The ROM (until I get my game) ...

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • as HG/SS isn't out in the UK yet(RAWR!) i haven't faced her in 4th gen, in the original silver, however it took me a good three or four tries, i can't remember exactly how as it has been AGES sinse i've played silver

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Lv19 Croconaw
    Lv18 Furret
    Lv16 Togepi

It really really sucks when Croconaw's bite and Furret's headbutt do [-] that much damage with miltank's [---------------------] HP bar.

Milk drink, stompflinch*****, and attract. MY GOD ATTRACT AAAAAAAAAH.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I beat her Cleffairy with my Growlithe, then she sent out Miltank which killed my Gastly. Then after that she killed my Growlithe... my Bayleef 2HKO'd her with only taking 10 damage.

Years
  • Let's see...
    Whitney's first Pokeyman was fairly easy; my female Croconaw used Bite once or twice and Clefairy died just like that.
    Then it was Flaaffy versus Miltank. After struggling a bit, I put Miltank to sleep by using my Togetic's Yawn (thankfully, the Miltank had already used up its Lum Berry when it was Thunder Waved by Flaaffy).

Once Miltank was asleep, I switched out to my Flaaffy again and just spammed Thunder. Whitney just HAD to use her Super Potion, but I won in the end anyway 'cause Miltank was still sleeping. :B

This was all on my first try, so I was pretty lucky happy.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • First time: Stomp,Flinch,Stomp,Flinch,I hit,Milk Drink,Stomp, until I lose
    Second Time: Same as first but less flinch and I win
    First Time after Reset: Lemme just say... I miss Gen II Whitney.. My level 19 Machop solo'd her team other then 40 hp of Miltank which Dratini took care of.... No roll out = Miltank sucks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Lol, I came into the gym, faced all the other trainers, and I went and healed. I come back, remembering the trouble I originally had with her (In Gen 2) and all of the stories I've heard.

I don't remember exactly how it happened. But, I beat her clefairy, easy. Then milktank. I think it attracted one or two of my pokemon, and I got a hit or two on it... Then Rollout, I think two hit my Flaaffy, KOing it, then I sent out Pidgeotto, to get a quick attack, it got Rolloutted. Then (It was probably at like half health then) I sent out Croconaw, and it took it out in a turn or two. It had no chance to use Milk Drink because of rollout 5 turns/a miss.
    I guess I got lucky... Cause rollout didn't miss.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I got her poisoned with Nidorino and kept using Double Kick. Each turn lost her 40% HP but she kept on healing, but PSN helped me. She used Rollout once, got poisoned, healed, used a second time, poisoned AGAIN, and then missed. Wow.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • After two thunder waves, four sand attacks, and a myriad of other random attacks... I believe I even used leer on her... my Nidorino was able to double kick it into oblivion. It was still somewhat annoying.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    omg ya i think i lost to her about 6 times then i just got a lot of health potions to help me out

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Also, if you think Whitney is hard, you're not ready for Clair. It took me, the same one try, to beat her but I used over 15 revives just against her.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    I lvl my gastly and abra until each one evolved, then i grinded them both to lvl 25, it was pretty easy after that.

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    okay this was very annoying for me because here is my story:
    I headbutted a tree to get a Heracross,I got one it was at lvl.5 trained it to lv.21 assured win right?wrong.I beat her clefairy with one Brick break and when i got to Miltank it went downhill,i did brick break did about half, and it used accursed stomp and i flinched every single time!so heracross went down and i relied on Golbats confuse ray and flaffys thundershock and won still on my first try annoying though. =)

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • I didn't have a single problem with Whitney; I defeated her using my Cyndaquil, Sandshrew, and Togepi. I just defeated Clair, the 8th gym leader, and am doing the challenge in the Dragon's Den currently. I didn't have any problems with pretty much any of the gym leaders. :|

Back