• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you discover PC?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Like half of the people here, I too joined for teh rom hacks. Now I don't even play them. I joined for either Pokemon Snakewood or one of destinedjagold's hacks I don't remember which.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    some google search from many years ago brought me here!
    pretty sure i googled "pokemon forums" upon deciding i was tired of serebii's forums. then i promptly stumbled in here like a newborn calf and here i am! 8)

Years
    I was pretty much just trying to find places where I could show off any fanart and sprites that I'd made at the time! I knew this forum existed (might have been because of websites or because of signatures in other forums I really don't remember), so I joined at some point because of the above reason aaaand

Yeah.

Years
    I didn't join for ROM hacking!

I joined PC to discuss HeartGold and SoulSilver. Not many people join for reasons like that, but PC was the first result that came up on Google for "pokemon forum" and I was looking for places to discuss the latest Pokémon games, since around that time I had gotten back into the series and haven't left it. I also didn't know that Serebii had a message board at the time either, so that's why I chose PC.

Years
    I found it while I was watching an Ultimate Monotype video that a certain challenger here had posted. I followed the link in the description and found the Monotype thread here, and I signed up for that reason. Next thing you know, i'm here going in for some action, and now I do a lot more than just that.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    because of Luck Hax. we had been looking for a new internet home and he had joined on here one day and said to me "hey join this place it seems okay" and then I did and the rest is history.

Years
    I was a bad victim of mod power abuse at my first forum, Bulbagarden and when I got kicked out of there I wanted to head to greener pastures and hence I discovered PC.

I know I didn't get off to a good start here, but with encouragement from fellow members and the huge improvements the site goes through all the time to prepare for the future, I managed to stick around. In fact the 19th will be celebrating what was four years since I joined this very community.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    I have a friend named evking who I talked with a lot, even before I joined here. In fact, he reccommended this forum to me. I never see him on here nowadays but guess what, I'm still around! Interests change, he says.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Pretty sure I came here for the release of Pokemon X/Y, I wanted new friends and was looking for more people to battle/trade with. I probably typed in "pokemon forums" or something lol.

I took a long hiatus though and only logged on every few months but I've been logging on daily lately ~
    I still feel kind of new cause things can change a lot over the course of a year or something o-o a lot of people I talked to left. ):

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    At first, I was checking Pokémon hacks on someplace else, and was wondering if there could be more up-to-date version of Ruby Destiny series (both Reign of Legends and Rescue Rangers, in particular), and I found it in here. Since then, I'm starting to lurking the forum for years before deciding to join soon after.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    It makes me cringe to say this, but, um... Shiny Gold. *sigh*

The funny part is, I stopped caring about ROM hacks not too long after I started getting active here, so I kinda feel ashamed of joining for the sole purpose of downloading Shiny Gold, eheh.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I forgot exactly what I was looking up at the time--it was like 7 years ago--but I found something relating to a Yu-Gi-Oh Pokemon Rom Hack/Crossover or something like that and it was on PC and I thought it was the coolest thing ever and I joined and saw all the other rom hacks and then I realized I sucked at that but I found the RP Corner which I realized I also sucked at because I was like 11 but then I got older and came back and well now I'm still here.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Came on here to download ShinyGold like everyone else here, of course.

Then I realized I could make my own ROM hacks with the tools distributed in the forum, and the rest is history.

Gee... kinda miss hacking, although I have no times these days for such ambitions. :(

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I wanted to see if there were more places to discuss Pokemon fanfiction than just SPPf, so I Googled "pokemon forums." PC was the first result.

Years
    Through hacking like many other people. I was obsessed with Shiny Gold, Brown, and Prism way back in the day. Tried posting around briefly but didn't actually get into it until 2011 on this new account. thank you hacks, you wonderful things you, got bringing me here. -tear- I rejoined in 2011 after not enjoying my experience on another Pokemon forum and being reminded about this one.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    I discovered PC through my brother, Foxrally. He told me about this new pokemon forum, and I was like, why not. And Ta-da! Here we are! :D.

I was 11 back then, and I was pretty noob. I wrote broken down snetences, and never really paid attention to my grammar. I don't think I ever posted something more than 4 lines tbh. I wasn't here at 12 as they added that COPPA thing, but at 13 I returned, and here I am!

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
    I started playing Pokemon X again, so I turned to Google and searched "pokemon forum". I hadn't actually been active on a forum for a couple of years, at least, so I thought it'd be fun to get back into it. I've missed 'em. My first real experiences online were on a Zelda forum in 2004... Good times.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm so glad I'm not like 80% of the PC population that joined for the ROM hacking. Good job, 12-year-old self.

Also, most of the Pokemon forums I used to frequent back then are now inactive haha.

Back