• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you discover PC?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    A friend of mine was playing a romhack and looking for it, I found the thread here on PC, but I had to register in order to download it. A couple weeks later I decided that having a dead account is kinda stupid, which is why I'm here.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    I believe it was sometime back in 2010, when I discovered the world of ROM Hacks. I don't remember exactly how, but I stumbled upon the Ruby Destiny series, and a download link for the Reign of Legends game took me to PC. My account was initially made just to download the hack, but I eventually returned to PC once I got into ROM hacking myself. So yeah, I discovered PC through ROM Hacking, like a lot of people both before and after me. I eventually did branch out though, and I ended up appreciating other parts of the forum far more than I did ROM Hacking.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I don't quite remember... I'm pretty sure it definitely WASN'T ROM hacks.

Why would it be ROM hacks, I never use those... Why would I want to join a forum because of a thread moderated by Crustos?

It was totally ROM hacks

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was searching through some ROM hacking resources back in 2006 or so on Google, and one of their links had led me to this board. I think we had to register back then (and still do now, most likely) to download attachments, which caused me to put-together an account, haha. I wound my leaving eventually, as my interest in ROM hacking had dwindled.

I got back into PC sometime around 2012, but this time, it was more because of hanging around and having some good time.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
    i wuz on a zelda form (now gone) lookin fer a pic from here 2 have some1 make a signature img fer me, i found it, and somethin told me 2 join, i did, met 2 of my best friends and realized i am a furry

dats my story :3

Yukari

I, get this, joined just because I found the ROM hacking section in the god that is Google. Original right?

Years
    Like many others, I wanted to play ShinyGold. Searching in Google for it lead me to PC, and been here ever since!

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    I was watching Munching Orange's Pokemon Glazed Play through and i wanted to play too. In the video he said to go to Pokecommunity, so i did. I downloaded Glazed and closed the webpage. I didint really use my PC membership until the summer of 2014!

I would like to say thanks to MunchingOrange and Redriders180 for introducing me to this AMAZING community!

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    When I first started my current ROM hack back in 2013, I didn't know the first thing to it. I watched a-map tutorials on YouTube, so I learned how to do that at least, but once I got to the point of inserting new Pokémon I didn't stand a chance, even off of YouTube tutorials. So I joined PC (didn't tell my parents then cause that would probably cause problems) and started asking a lot of questions in the old Quick Q&A thread. Thanks to PC, the only thing I really don't know to ROM hacking now is ASM which I'm still working on xD.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    My cousin was a big fan of Pokemon, and one day he was searching for something Pokemon-related and somehow ended up on PC. A couple of days later I was browsing my history and saw PokeCommunity, and on a whim, I ended up registering. I stayed mainly because of the Off-Topic Discussions, though.

Back