• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you get your username?

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
Basically what the title says.

Mine comes from kerbin, fictional home world of the kerbals (famous for their space program), gamer (because I am a gamer) and 376, a random number I can remember for some reason.

Just wondered what interesting usernames we had here.

edit; My new username: Lucario! You can guess why.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Minerva is the Roman goddess of wisdom, also known as Athena in Greek Mythology.

Some people thought I got this name because of Professor Minerva McGonnogal from the Harry Potter series.

Or some random Fire Emblem character /never played FE

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
Years
As a little kid, I had childish ideas of one day taking over the world, so I started to call myself "King of the World" while trying to rule with an iron fist. As I grew up and was more into the internet, I had a different username, but then I thought "Well, I can't take over the physical world, but I can be the internet's World King", so then it just stuck. World King became my awesome le persona.

Years later, I turned that idea into an actual character for a story I made that I plan on turning into an anime, someday. Of course at the end, that's just his self-proclaimed nickname. As a character, his true name is Leon K. Markowitz (pictured in signature and avatar).

Sirfetch’d

Castform is my favorite Pokemon so I just rolled with this username 🔥🔥🔥

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 17, 2017
It's part of the name of a favorite character of mine from the Tales of Series. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Well my name is Caitlin and someone had already taken that on Bulbagardens so I shortened it to Caite which is a nickname for me and just added chan to the end.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
nameisnah_zpsyeoumjit.jpg

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I've gained what you foolish mortals call "immortality".

Actually, just cut off the "Imperishable" out of "Imperishable Night" - the 8th of the Touhou Project games, and my favourite.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
So I was trying to think of a username that people wouldn't automatically recognize me for one day. There was this one artist named riniuu on deviantART (I can't remember if that was the spelling of her username, but her dA account doesn't exist anymore for art theft) that I used to really like. I remember reading one of her Journals saying something like "I really like this name because it sounds really cute to my ears", so I took the name of my favorite Pokemon, Reuniclus, and took out some of the consanants to make it sound cute, like riniuu's name.

I never meant it to be my main username for forums, but it really stuck with me because of how original it was compared to to my other usernames.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
Years
  • Age 32
  • ???
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Jetfire from the Transformers series was my favorite. I remember registering for my username on the MSN Gaming Zone and I was given SunkenJetfire as an alternative. I went along with it until Beyblade came around and I switched Sunken to Dragoon. DragoonJetfire was the wave for a while as well. Finally, I decided to drop the Dragoon and stick to Jetfire due to character limits on Pokemon games.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
The three parts of my username come from three different games and series. The first part of my username comes from the Judge Magisters in Final Fantasy XII. The second part of my username closely comes from one of the party members in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords. Where as the last part of my username comes from the player character of the Mass Effect trilogy, Commander Shepard.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
After Kyoko Honda from the Fruits Basket series. She had this really fun arc and I loved her character. I used to constantly change my name, but this one was always my favorite and the one I identified with.

After a little inactivity, I came back to find someone else using the name and my heart broke </3 the second they changed it, I swooped in and haven't let back go since.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
When I'd used to paint a lot when I was younger, I would never wear any smocks and my mom always nagged me about it + its just kinda a cute word I'd remember lol :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
I kinda screwed up in spelling out my own handle but considering how I was informed of the naming conventions of this forum, i might as well have done what i can.

So my handle is PeePee Commings (replace o with "u") a handle I've used since my glory days of Counter Strike source. My name may be an obvious lewd pun but I don't really care if its that lewd or not. My style of gameplay in Counter Strike, Gears of War and whatever game i played has always been the in-your face rushing style, which is why one of my obvious BM phrases was something like "I came on your face".

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Someone called me this once. They meant it as an insult. I turned it into my username on the internet since then. A true insult to the insulter.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
When I was getting more comfortable with the realization that I was trans, I wanted a name that would fit my new identity. At the time, I was also reading the DragonLance series, and I had just reached the point where the character Astinus is introduced. The character really fits who I am and who I want to be, so I borrowed the name.

Back