• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you get your username?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
"Lucky star" is a phrase from my favourite song "Teenage Recoil" performed by my favourite music band Zeromancer :) It fits me in some ways and always reminds about the beautiful summer days :)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
d559cb5e-ca7f-41ae-8827-91d6ef82866b.jpg

Do you really need any explanation for this?

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
When I was like 13 and played RuneScape I was playing castle wars and met this babe called Bobdapeach and I liked that username so I stole it LOL

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
cariad is the word for most terms of endearment in my native language; it covers boyfriend/girlfriend, sweetheart, lover, dear, all those terms. it's essentially just the word for someone you love, and i always thought it was a pretty-sounding word and i wagered there's no way it would be taken.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
My name in real life is Cordelia. I wanted to use that name here too, but it was taken. I did not want to use my other name, so I just adapted Cordelia without trying to ruin it ><

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I thought adventure would fit well with the fandoms I'm into (MSPaint adventures, Doctor Who, pokémon etc) and my roleplaying hobby. Plus, I tend to like usernames starting with "a" (or "A"). It's a miracle it wasn't taken, tbh.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
Years
Someone gave this nickname to me when I was little, and when I needed a a emailadress @ highschool, and my actual name was already taken, I chose jappo.jappo as my mailadress. When my new friends saw that mailadress, I was condenmed to that name.

Friends actually call me Jappo more than my real name ;p

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Some years ago, the staff made this "name yourself after a pokémon" collab thing and I picked my favourite pokémon and it kinda stuck :'D

picture.php

My other nick, Went, is a shortened fusion between my name and my surname -V. Vent.-. I was often called W because they both start with V, so when I had to make an username I just started adding letters from my surname after that until I got a good enough word.

Last edited:

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Four years ago, when I picked the name I'd use after coming out as transgender in real life, I picked Aurora. Since I've always been terrible at picking usernames I just stuck with this one. It has replaced my old username, which includes the detestable variation of this name I am stuck with in real life at the moment, wherever possible.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
my username is after a lyric from a song. "i intentionally wrote it out to be an illegible mess." it's from the song information travels faster by death cab for cutie. the name was actually an accident. years ago, on bulbagarden, i tried to set just "an illegible mess" (period included) as my user title, but accidentally wrote it in the username field. i was originally going to change it, but i found out that the name actually didn't sound too bad so i kept it. i used the same name here when i signed up on this forum. i use this username all the time now practically. there's just something catchy about it and while it is kind of emo (lol) there's a novelty to it i can't explain. i just like it a lot.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
My original username is Unison, but I had to think of something new due to a fan fiction I have been writing about for a while now. So I had in mind . . . What should I change my username to? Well, I like Buizel. I put "Uni" and "Bui" together, which makes "Unibui." It sounds silly, but it works x3

If anyone is curious on who or what Unison is, he is from my fan fiction which I am currently writing. Unison is a Keldeo, which is all I'll say. No spoilers.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I got it when reading a history book on the bassoon. It is an old European term (the 18th/19th century mainly, IIRC) for ensembles that consist solely of brass and woodwind instruments. I love brass/woodwind instruments, and own a ton of them. It seems like a great username for me. =P

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
This is the username I use on practically everything now, or some variation of it.

It comes from this site, actually. I was a massive fan of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time / Darkness, and I thought "Explorers of Destiny" would sound pretty awesome, so my username was The Explorer of Destiny. That was a bit lengthy, so I switched it to Explorer of Destiny and then simply DestinyExplorer. Recently, I ditched the Explorer part, and so if available it's Destiny, and if that's not available I'll probably go for Destiny X.

that bastard starcraft streamer i swear to god

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
I picked this name out because I love the lapis lazuli precious stone and also a certain Ham-Ham from Hamtaro if anyone remembers that anime.

Since then, it is my signature name to use online and I plan on keeping it for as long as possible.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Well, we started with ODSTmarine, when I was younger. It was a branch of the military in the game Halo that I really liked, and often wasn't taken so it worked. Older members of the site may remember me by this name.

Xxlegionx was my second account. I was just wanting a new name and was at that maturity level

By the time I made a third account I already had been using the name "Animus" for a while, which translates to courage from Latin I believe. I chopped it off the track "Animus Vox" by the Glitch Mob and liked it.

Arsenic, comes from the element. I had a bunch of friends who wanted to start a CSGO clan called Elemental so we all changed our names to an element. I dropped out as my dislike for the game and the comp sub genre grew but kept the name. I like how it sounds. I nabbed it off an old account here during one of the name swaps in exchange for Animus.

For my curren

Back