• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you got interested in pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • I saw a magazine ad for Red/Blue in Nintendo Power when they first came out...figuring from their American release date, I must've been 11 at the time. I had never played an RPG before either, but I picked it up rather easily. XD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    My brothers got silver and crystal.
    Is that good enough?

falling up+
    Years
  • My friends got the game back in middle school. I remember getting red version on my original gameboy, playing and trading with my buddies before and after school. Then I caught wind of the anime, when it first came out and actually had a plot. That REALLY dragged me into it.

Love me some pokemans! :)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I got into when I saw the commercials for both the games and the Anime. I've loved it since 98.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • The show, i saw the first episode and i fell in love with it then i went mad and collected games, toys, plushies, cards you name it anything with pokemon on it i just had to get it ^^

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Friends and family. My best friends, who were brothers, had pokemon red and blue and aslo pokemon stadium.

Then my cousin had pokemon red. I had to get it ^^ But my mum failed and bought me pokemon yellow as i was around 5 at the time. I was stuck at brock with my pikachu.

Then i got the pokemon stadiums. Man i loved those days :3

Years
  • My friend let me play their red version which got me hooked, i started watching the anime, then on my next birthday i got yellow.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
  • I played my cousin's red and I really wanted my own so my parents bought me blue for my birthday with my own GBC. I was thrilled =D

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    My dad bought me Pokemon Silver and a Gameboy Advance for Christmas. I didn't know how to play it, so I had my dad play it while I told him what to do. Lol.

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
  • My cousin showed me the games and then his card collection. That was all it took; I was hooked.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • well... i got interested at the age of... 5 i think when the series came out and i just love them, since then i try to play every single game :)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Everyone else was doing it. =D

Seriously everyone else was playing the games so I begged and pleaded and cried to my parents for a pokemon game and I got one way back when I was 6 or 7. (Blue Version, the most superior version) Ever since then I have bought every handheld game and plan on buying everyone just to say I do.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
  • ALL the boys played it 24/7. So I got my first game which was Crystal and played. They made fun of me cause I was the ONLY girl in the neighborhood that played and I was not as skilled as they were. But that was many years ago....I kick a** now :) Then I watched the shows and became officially hooked. I love Ash lol

Ayselipera

It started with the anime. One day when I was younger I was flipping through the channels and I stumbled upon the first episode of Pokemon. From that day on I was hooked and started buying the cards along with the games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    I had to think about this, but I remember now: It was christmas, and I was a young, naive, 7(ish) year old boy. I found a box shaped present under the tree with my name on it. Opening it, I found my first ever set of pokémon cards, and so began a long, spiralling descent in to the depths of depravity that is pokémon.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I remembered going to my grandma's house on the weekends and I would watch my cousin's playing Pokemon Blue, Silver, Stadium, and Snap. They would never let me play so one day my Grandma bought me Pokemon Red and let me use one of my cousin's gameboy's and then I was hooked.

Then I got into the card games when my Grandma brang my three cousin's and I to see the Pokemon 2000 movie and we all got cards for going to see it. They got the legendary birds and I got the Ancient Mew card, though I was kinda upset because it didn't have any words on it XP

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • My step-dad bought me a GBA and the employee said that I could pick one other game to go with it. I was about to pick some racing game, but Pokemon Sapphire caught my eyes before I picked the racing game. It was love after that.

For the anime, I was watching a cartoon on Cartoon Network and Pokemon suddenly showed up. It was funny; I stayed laughing for the whole show. It's too bad that I don't watch it anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back