• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How do I get a Pokemon to evolve into multiple different forms?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    So, for example, I want to add different Electrode forms for the different Pokeballs. I think I know how to get the game to check what form to evolve into based on the Rockruff/Lycanroc script. I can't figure out how to make it actually recognize the conditions I set per form, if that makes sense? Here is the script I have:

Spoiler:

I want Voltorb to evolve into the original electrode at level 30 if no other conditions have been met, Love Ball at max happiness, Master Ball at 55 with Psystrike. I have more forms but I thought I should figure out how to do this before I work any more on it.

Love Ball form works fine, but Master Ball form gives me this error:

Spoiler:

It evolves into original form if no other conditions are met, but it also ignores the level 30 requirement and just evolves upon any level up. Probably because i set it to evolve at level 1 in the PBS file, but I figured the
    pkmn.level >= 30
    would fix that...

Any help would be appreciated!! :)

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

This is the way to do it, because forms are preserved upon evolution (at least I think).

Your error is due to writing: pkmn.HasMove?(PSYSTRIKE) instead of pkmn.HasMove?(:PSYSTRIKE) (note the ":" before PSYSTRIKE).

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    This is the way to do it, because forms are preserved upon evolution (at least I think).

Your error is due to writing: pkmn.HasMove?(PSYSTRIKE) instead of pkmn.HasMove?(:PSYSTRIKE) (note the ":" before PSYSTRIKE).

Thank you!! I forgot to update this post saying that I got the answer on Reddit, but you're right!! I appreciate you helping :)

Back