• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do you compare Platinum to Emerald, Crystal, Pikachu?

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
Years
  • For some reason I found Pikachu Edition to be mystical beyond belief, barely recognizing rehashment. The show references were so cool!

What was everyone's thoughts of Platinum who had already played PD, in comparison with previous thirdwheel editions?

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • For me, Platinum is my second favourite version out of all them, second to Crystal. Yellow wasnt that big of a deal for me, the only real extra I found gameplay wise was the 3 starters being obtainable in one game and the surfing pikachu game.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Crystal>Platinum>Emerald>Yellow for me. Crystal was amazing to me, Platinum was also amazing but to me wasn't as good as crystal. The last two were meh to me.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow was the first and best game ever created in the United States. When Pokemon Gold/Silver came out, it was better than the first generation introducing one of the best Pokemon of all time like Feraligatr. When Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald came out, I didn't like it that much, but I liked the Battle Tower. When the remake of Pokemon Red/Blue, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen came out, I liked how they redone everything. When Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum came out, it was the far best generation of ALL, Platinum is the best version ever yet.

whodathunk

Smity Smithers VII
    Years
  • platnium is nothing compared to pikachu version. it was and is the best pokemon game ever. but it's way better than crystal, and a little better than emerald

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Well, I'm no fan of Platinum's storyline, to be honest. It had the features and graphics, but Crystal and Yellow just had that magic for me.

Emerald was nice. Some of the tunes were really cathcy, and the same can be said with Platinum. I liked their extra features. But Crystal and Yellow just take the cake for me. <3

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • They're all just point revisions on the original pair of games they complement.

In this aspect, Platinum wins, since it fixed up so much and brought so many features. Emerald phails because of its broken RNG.

To rank them, I'd go: Plat > Crystal > Emerald > Yellow.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Well for me it was Crystal, Platinum, Emerald, Yellow. Some of my most favorite chilhood times were playing the second generation games.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Yellow, definitely! hands down!!
    C'mon, you have a pikachu following you everywhere you go!
    How can that not be awesome?

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • Platinum > Crystal > Emerald > Yellow.

Before Platinum came out, Crystal was my all-time-favourite version, but when Platinum came out, my new favourite version was born. Emerald was awesome too, especially when it cames to the spectacle in Xeneroville, where Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza appeared.. Yellow wasn't that great, the only feature for me, was the fact, that Bulbasaur, Charmander AND Squirtle were getable.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Crystal. I don't know why. The last two (Platinum and Emerald) are nice games but they both have some big flaws. Emerald just didn't have the graphics since they made no attempt to upgrade that graphics seeing that they did so for FireRed and LeafGreen. That got me kind of upset since it felt like I bought an lacking product. Platinum just feels like Pearl and Diamond. The storyline is great but it feels too much similar.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Platinum doesn't have any competition here :)
    It's best because of awesome graphic, storyline and Distortion World!
    Second is Emerald Third Crystal and last is Yellow. Yellow was great but it's a bit old now

Years
  • I think Platinum was a great third game in the series, that added on to the already good story line and stood out from its predecessors with great, new features, similar to the way yellow, crystal, and emerald were

Ayselipera

I would say my favorites from best to least are...

Emerald
    Crystal
    Yellow
    Platinum

I'm just such a big fan of Emerald.
    I don't know why though considering
    The Hoenn region is one of my least
    favorites.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2009
    They were all pretty good. But Crystal is the best pokemon game ever made, hands down. No competition. I also loved Yellow. You get pikachu to follow you, you get all 3 starters, and everyone everywhere is way more powerful than in red and blue. It also followed the anime pretty well too :). Emerald also just kinda gave off that vibe of amazingness. Platinum was great, but I actually have to rate it last. Idk why really, it just didn't appeal to me as much. It was better than Pearl and Diamond though.

Crystal>Yellow>Emerald>Platinum.

Mr. Handsome

Sexy Trainer
    Years
  • I liked Pokemon Platinum the Bast, just for the fact that Handsome was in it!

My 2nd favriote 3rd instolment was Crystal, then Yellow, then Emerald.

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
  • hmmm..I found platinum a lot more fun then pearl. The story line was a lot better and more entertaining and I also liked the new gyms. It gave me a little bit of a challenge and made the game more arcade like if you know what im mean.

Back